Thread: is this a real palmer cue ?

is this a real palmer cue ?

337.jpg20130702_190756.jpg just wondering if this was a real palmer cue.
    Last edited by throwing12xs; 07-06-2013 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by throwing12xs View Post
    20130702_190756.jpg just wondering if this was a real palmer cue.
    If you are asking is, "Is that a real Palmer cue from back in the day when Eugene Balmer was still making Palmer cues?'. Then I'd have to say that judging from the picture it is not a Palmer. A bigger pic showing the entire butt of the cue would be helpful.

There are "Palmer" cues that are being manufactured in China and other than the name they have no relationship to the real genuine old school Palmer cues.
    Last edited by DiabloViejo; 07-03-2013 at 02:24 PM.

337.jpg20130702_190756.jpg just wondering if this was a real palmer cue.
    here is butt of cue pic.

here is butt of cue pic.
    After looking it up on the Palmer Collector site http://www.palmercollector.com/ and in the Blue Book of Cues, I am sure that it is not a genuine Palmer. The real give away is in the pictures, the inlays are all fairly modern CNC work.

BTW this is a good article about Palmer Cues: http://bluebookofpoolcuevalues.com/P...M_CUES_COMPANY

Some of the most sought after Palmers are the ones which were produced with blanks made by Gus Szamboti, Burton Spain, and George Balabushka.
    Last edited by DiabloViejo; 07-08-2013 at 03:52 AM.

Thank for all the info. I didnt think it was one because of the logo, but i got it cause it had a steel threads in the shaft. Ive shot with it a couple of times and shots solid.

Thank for all the info. I didnt think it was one because of the logo, but i got it cause it had a steel threads in the shaft. Ive shot with it a couple of times and shots solid.
    You're welcome.

BTW, if the cue works for you then it's all good.

Some guys place way too much emphasis on having a high end cue. That's not to say that there is anything wrong with having a nice custom cue and or any higher end production cue ( I have ten different cues including two custom cues and eight production cues), but I am firmly in the "it's not the arrow, it's the indian" camp.

I know more than a few guys who can pick a house cue off the rack and run tables like nobody's business. And I have also met a few posers with high dollar cues, that couldn't run three balls.

Palmer Cue

the mark on the butt shows that its a palmer cue. Even on the shaft too.

That is not an old-school Palmer, as sold through sometime in the 1980s.

SpiderMan
    "If it's yellow and smells bad, it must be nine-ball. Or a diaper (or a Frenchman)."