Thread: Help identifying set of balls

Help identifying set of balls

Hello,

I recently purchased my first table from a friend of a friend, got a pretty good deal on it; it's not the nicest table but it's my first table and I am quite excited! The table has been recently serviced and clothed and it came with the following set of balls, are these balls any good or should I be looking at a better set from eBay (would be willing to spend roughly $70-100 on a new set of balls):

Thanks.

No theze balls are no good.
    No u wont see a better set on ebay. All modern balls are glossy krapp, especially the modern krappamiths.

On the other hand, u might find a good set of balls on ebay -- if u look for old bakelite balls (which are not glossy) -- i think the old "clay" balls are ok (mudballs?). Balls made after praps 1980 are probly glossy krapp -- koz they hav a vitreous coating -- which aktually meens that they are vitreous balls with a bakelite center (called phenolik rezin nowadays, sexyer i guess).
    mac.
    Last edited by cushioncrawler; 08-04-2013 at 08:49 PM.

Those appear to be Aramith Premier balls. Aramith Premiers are good balls and they will hold up to commercial use. Aramith does make more expensive sets i.e. the Aramith Super Pro and Aramith Tournament balls, but I would not advise you to spend the extra money until your set is worn down...(which apparently won't be until a few years judging from the balls in the pic.)

BTW, disregard the mad Aussie..he hasn't been alright since he started licking cane toads!

Aramith makes the finest billiards, snooker, and pool balls on the planet.

I saw my first cane toad in townsville in about 1950. I hadta run the gauntlet thru duzzens ovem to get to the outside dunny in the dark, and it felt like a mile, and seeing az i woz so small the toads looked like dogs to me.
    mac.

Quote Originally Posted by DiabloViejo View Post
    Those appear to be Aramith Premier balls. Aramith Premiers are good balls and they will hold up to commercial use. Aramith does make more expensive sets i.e. the Aramith Super Pro and Aramith Tournament balls, but I would not advise you to spend the extra money until your set is worn down...(which apparently won't be until a few years judging from the balls in the pic.)

BTW, disregard the mad Aussie..he hasn't been alright since he started licking cane toads!

Aramith makes the finest billiards, snooker, and pool balls on the planet.

Interesting, thank you for the good information. I didn't quite know what to make of cusioncrawler's reply there!

Thanks again.