Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Syria

Syria

Why hasn't Obama already popped Syria right now? There's never been a doubt that he had to. It's gonna happen. Just do it, and if you accidentaly take Assad out in a "corner pocket", OOPS!

Get off the pot Barrack! That is what we commonly call slopping in the 9 in the game of pool. Me? I would have already killed that mofo, just like I would have put US forces onto BL in Toro Bora. Bush was a traiter by letting the bastard go so easily. Purposely allowing bin Ladin escape. He was and still is...a damned traiter to the USA!

I hate the Devil, and Bush, same thing.

Send an attack already Barrack. It's overdue.
    Last edited by Sid_Vicious; 08-30-2013 at 09:17 PM.
    "If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!"

Dunno -- praps if Allah willeth.
    And more destruktion meens more aid needed later.
    mac.
    Last edited by cushioncrawler; 08-30-2013 at 09:38 PM.

The free world is spineless. That's all I'm saying about it except that ANYBODY crying over 20 kids being killed in Conneticut by a mental case with a AK47...needs to ask themselves about their convictions, religious or whatever, about the killing of over 300 children by this chemical attack. Can y'all sleep as well after this? You disgust me. Those who ignore the problem and those who make jests over it all!

Silence and complacency is self admission that you lack spines. Whatever higher power you worship has to be sick with your actions and inactions. Martin
    Last edited by Sid_Vicious; 08-31-2013 at 01:18 PM.

Syrians (read allawite shiah's) are protesting in the streets here saying that Shithead iz innocent.
    mac.
    Last edited by cushioncrawler; 08-31-2013 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cushioncrawler View Post
    Syrians (read allawite shiah's) are protesting in the streets here saying that Shithead iz innocent.
    mac.
    I must be intoxicated. What's your point?

The protests here show how allawites are full of krapp, and more and more are kumming over here every day.
    But i will havtabe carefull not to offend my syrian billiards mate from sydney -- i dunno whether he iz christian or muslim or (az iz mac) athiest.
    mac.

Not that anyone really cares about my opinion, but I had not weighed in on this topic because I'm of two minds:

On the one hand, we can't allow chemical weapons to be used with impunity. There's a good reason the world outlawed it after WWI and it would set a dangerous precedent to let it slide.

On the other, we absolutely should not get entangled in yet another Middle Eastern fiasco. We can't always be the world's police and enforcer of moral codes when we have pissed away our moral high ground over the last two decades.

Having said that, I think President Obama should absolutely force Congress to vote on it. If they sign off on it, fine, do it. If the country disapproves, they can let their representatives know at the polling place.

If Congress says "No" then Obama should abide by their decision and anyone who bitches that "We're soft on blah blah blah.." will have to take it up with Congress as a body instead of trying to use this as a political weapon.
    If there is a dangerous forum ... that's the one. -- LWW (referring to BD NPR)

First off ... nothing will stop ass killings entirely. -- LWW (AKA Vladimir Ulyanov, AKA WV Slim, AKA MrsLWW, .....)

If Congress says no, it's 99% certain they are consistent and want this black Democrat to fail for the 2016 election, AT THE COST to this country's respect and security. Bush woulda just "been the decider." Obama is becoming the wuss. It is really a sad situation for the free world.

I will be perfectly clear. As much as I hate to say it, Obama needed a little GWB in this strike. I will say this though...Bush stalled a good month and let Iraq have tons of times to move WMDs to Syria. If Iraq did that...I think it would be stupid for them not too. Assad, right now, is shifting his targets around for the strategic attack. IMOPO, Obama and congress is recreating the same Fuc*iNG error with all of this delay as Bush did. Once you know your have to go in, just do it!

We really have a zero-decision to not fire off the rockets. This is only watering down the effect, and an embarrassing fact to the USA's resolve.
    Last edited by Sid_Vicious; 09-03-2013 at 02:54 PM.

f Congress says no, it's 99% certain they are consistent and want this black Democrat to fail for the 2016 election, AT THE COST to this country's respect and security. Bush woulda just "been the decider." Obama is becoming the wuss. It is really a sad situation for the free world.
    Must disagree there, and with the rest of what you say in this post, sorry.

It might be that the Congress is reflecting the will of the people, which for the ones bothering to make their views known, is running about 10-1 against our involving ourselves in Syria, I hear.

It's likely that the DEMOCRATS in Congress will split between support and non-support, as the leftward part of the Democratic Party is against most wars (similar to the libertarian part of the right of the GOP, ala Rand Paul, etc.). It's hard to imagine how the DEMOCRATS who will vote no are wanting Obama to fail.

Fact is, Obama's behavior concerning Syria for the past couple of years signals his true feelings-- he wants to stay out. There was already a claimed use of cw/bio agents by Syria, supposedly crossing O's red line, and that turned out to be the rebel forces, not the Syrian army. Obama wouldn't allow himself to be baited by that set up then, and I think he's set up Congress as a way to avoid being baited by this provocation this time.

There are many reasons to think this newest incident is more of the same. The rebels had over-run some government storehouses before and obtained sarin, they had directly threatened to use bio/cw agents (killing some innocent bunny rabbits in a video to demonstrate their intent and capability, if you remember that one, or google on those search terms).

Don't you get it? We were lied into the Great War by stories of 'the Hun' catching babies thrown into the air on the point of their bayonets. We were lied into the first Gulf War by stories of the heinous Iraqis throwing NICU babies out of their incubators onto the floor to die. We were lied into the second Gulf War by tall tales of WMD, mythical meetings between Saddam's people and Atta in Prague, other phony meetings of Saddam's people and al-Qaeda. Afterwards their justifications included the multiple lies that when Saddam was ordered to allow UN inspectors in, he refused, when in fact he'd done the opposite, allowing them in, and it was the Bush people who had them kicked out prematurely.

Portraying the enemy as depraved by doing things and pretending to be the enemy is a well known propaganda tool, used by many. When we were throwing out Mossadegh in Iran and re-installing the Shah, we had our hirelings dress as Mossadegh government officials and commit atrocities and slaughters, to turn the people against the government. Propaganda 101.

Usually, once you're caught doing it, it's less effective the second time. Evidently not in this current controlled media world, where what happened in recent times is forgotten, and the media coverage is designed to make sure it isn't brought up.

So let me repeat. The rebels have already been found to have done this (use cw/bio and try to blame the Assad regime) once already. Within the last two years.

This is nothing to do with what is happening now, but what was decided to be done in the '90s, during the Clinton administration, by the neo-cons then advising Netanyahu. (See: A Clean Break: a New Strategy to Secure the Realm, something like that.)

Gen. Wesley Clarke heard of this going operational as early as by the end of 2001. Late September 2001 he heard that we were going to war really against Iraq (although that took a couple of years to fulfill, it was already known as policy in the Pentagon). By December of that year, he was told it was worse than that-- we would be going into 5 or 7 countries and overthrowing them all-- pretty much the list we've seen: after Iraq, Libya, Egypt, Syria, Lebanon, and then Iran.
    Last edited by Soflasnapper; 09-05-2013 at 11:11 AM.
    A medium sized fish [...]

Sofla, thank you for your always well thought out and excellent observations!
    If there is a dangerous forum ... that's the one. -- LWW (referring to BD NPR)

First off ... nothing will stop ass killings entirely. -- LWW (AKA Vladimir Ulyanov, AKA WV Slim, AKA MrsLWW, .....)