Thread: Republican Texas Judge Rips Tea Party While Announcing He’s Now a Democrat

Republican Texas Judge Rips Tea Party While Announcing He’s Now a Democrat

Watch: Republican Texas Judge Rips Tea Party While Announcing He’s Now a Democrat

ByOmar Rivero
    October 21, 2013
    Occupy Democrats
    http://www.occupydemocrats.com/watch...-now-democrat/

A formerly Republican Texas judge minced no words while putting the blame squarely on Tea Party Republican’s extremism and bigotry for his brave decision to run for re-election as a Democrat in this scathing campaign video his campaign just released.

“Rational Republican beliefs have given way to ideological character assassination,” Bexar County Judge Carlo Key says in the moving video, complete with shots of Sen. Ted Cruz and several other Republcan congressmen. “Pragmatism and principle have been overtaken by pettiness and bigotry. Make no mistake, I have not left the Republican party. It left me.”

“I will not be a member of a party in which hate speech elevates candidates for higher office, rather than disqualifying them” Key said. “I cannot place my name on the ballot for a political party that is proud to destroy the lives of hundreds of thousands of federal workers over the vain attempt to repeal a law that will provide healthcare to millions of people throughout our country.”

The judge’s remarkable video came following an appearance at an event for Democratic gubernatorial candidate Wendy Davis, who became a national figure after a heroic filibuster versus a bigoted abortion law signed by Republican Gov. Rick Perry.
    The Democratic Party of Texas welcomed Judge Key with open arms.“I’m proud to welcome Carlo today,” state Democratic Party chair Gilberto Hinojosa. “Our party – the Texas Democratic Party – welcomes anyone ready to fight for a better future for all Texans.”

Please watch the video below and share his powerful change of heart on social media forums so that we can support him and other moderate Republicans who are bailing the extremist Tea Party ship.

http://youtu.be/TtPdKjkcZCU

Outstanding post! Thanks. Sid
    "If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!"