Thread: Alan Grayson Slams Racist Tea Party: ‘If The Hood Fits, Wear It’

Alan Grayson Slams Racist Tea Party: ‘If The Hood Fits, Wear It’

Alan Grayson Slams Racist Tea Party: ‘If The Hood Fits, Wear It’

By Stephen D. Foster Jr.
    October 23, 2013
    AddictingInfo.com
    http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/10...rayson-racist/

Alan Grayson has a new message for the consistently racist Tea Party crowd, and it’s a scorcher – ‘If the hood fits, wear it.’

The Tea Party has never been more unpopular with the American people. As Florida Rep. Alan Grayson has pointed out, the Republican Party is hated more than dog poop. Since the Tea Party is far less popular than the GOP, that insult should sting even worse. But Alan Grayson isn’t done smacking down the Tea Party. He has a new message for the consistently racist Tea Party crowd, and it’s a scorcher: “If the hood fits, wear it.”

Alan Grayson doubles down on comparing Tea Party to Ku Klux Klan.

On Thursday, liberal firebrand Alan Grayson told MSNBC host Al Sharpton that “the Tea Party is no more popular than the Klan.” Obviously, it wasn’t long before Tea Party members whined about it and insisted that they aren’t a bunch of racists. In response to the ridiculous outrage expressed by the Tea Party, Grayson sent a statement to the Huffington Post. Not only did he stand by his previous remarks, he doubled down on them.

“The Tea Party has engaged in relentless racist attacks against our African-American President,” Grayson charged before going into detail.

“For example, when the President visited my home of Orlando, Tea Party protesters shouted “Kenyan Go Home.” Other examples include Tea Party chants of “Bye Bye, Blackbird,” and Tea Party posters saying “Obama’s Plan: White Slavery,” “Imam Obama Wants to Ban Pork” and “The Zoo Has An African Lion, and the White House Has a Lyin’ African.””
    Grayson is correct about Tea Party rally signs being racist.

Grayson is accurate when he says that the Tea Party has been incredibly racist since it sprung up in the wake of President Obama’s election in 2008. The fact that Tea Party rallies include multitudes of racist signs has been well documented. Just click here. Or here. And here.

Grayson called out Tea Party congressmen for racist rhetoric.

Clearly, Grayson makes an excellent point when he uses this example to back up his claim that the Tea Party is racist. He then went on to describe more outrageous behavior from Tea Party members, including Tea Party congressmen.

“Tea Party members also have persisted in falsely characterizing the President as Kenyan and Moslem… Tea Party members also called my fellow Member of Congress, civil rights hero John Lewis, a “n***er,” and Rep. Barney Frank a “faggot.” More generally, the leader of the Texas Tea Party displayed a poster saying “Congress=Slave Owner, Taxpayer=Niggar [sic].” Tea Party Members of Congress have referred to Hispanics as “wetbacks,” and having “cantaloupe-sized calves” from picking fruit. Tea Party candidates, including my opponent in the last election, have endorsed forcing Hispanics to speak English.”

The instances Grayson recounts about his fellow congressmen are true. In July, Iowa Rep. Steve Kingspoke offensively about hispanic immigrants. Three months earlier, Alaska Rep. Don Young referred to hispanics as “wetbacks.” So once again, Grayson is accurate and he concluded his statement with the biting exclamation point the Tea Party deserves.

“One could go on and on, because there is overwhelming evidence that the Tea Party is the home of bigotry and discrimination in America today, just as the KKK was for an earlier generation. If the hood fits, wear it.”

Grayson says he can go on and on about Tea Party racism, and he’s right.

Ouch! Talk about telling it like it is. Tea Party members across the country must be throwing temper tantrums now. But let’s actually “go on and on” like Grayson claims we can.

There was the time Texas Tea Party Rep. Louie Gohmert compared the civil rights of African-Americans to the rights of fish and lizards. Then there’s the Arizona Tea Party rally where the crowd chanted “Bye, bye black sheep” and referred to Obama as a “negro.” And who could forget those racist anti-Obama shirts that were a hit at a Tea Party convention in January. Even a study found that Tea Party members were more likely to be racist.

If the Tea Party doesn’t want to be called racist, they should stop being racist.

For years, the Tea Party has been a haven for racism. They proudly hold up racist signs, say racist things, and wave confederate flags at rally after rally. If the Tea Party really doesn’t want to be seen as racist, why haven’t rally organizers kicked out attendees who carry racist signs or scream racist words? Why haven’t they denounced the congressman they support for saying racist things? Why do Tea Party leaders continually claim that President Obama is a foreigner? Why is birtherism still running rampant in the party? Why do they allow racist propaganda to be sold at conventions and rallies? Seriously, if the Tea Party doesn’t like being compared to the KKK, the solution is simple. Stop being racist.

In his message, Alan Grayson described how racist the Tea Party has been since its founding. And it’s not a pretty picture.

A great post! The fact that Republicans are racist, is undeniable. I no longer make a distinction between The Republican Party,. and the Tea Party, as I originally believed, back when I thought of The Tea Party as being a radical group of "Fringe" Republicans. After these last years of observing increasing racist attacks, offensive slander based upon racism, misogyny, and homophobia, we have seen ample proof since no outrage over them is detected by Republicans, at all and instead more efforts to disenfranchise people of color from their right to vote, now, in Texas, theyy are even trying to block women from the voting booth, and hence, it is now very clear that the entire party is racist, homophobic, and misogynistic, as well as involved in class war against all who are not in the top percentages of accumulated wealth, resulting from Reagan's failed VOODOO economics, and the Bush Administrations, as well.

Of course, it was eivident here on this forum for years, and evident as well during every single Tea Party protest in Washington D.C., blatant in every single election campaign, and now, even in the Republican Platform, as well.

I am thrilled to see that as many of us predicted, the Tea Party has painted the Republican Party right into a corner, and throwing more elections is their only hope, at this time.

I hope for the sake of my country that we will see at least a decade of Democratic Control, in the White House and in the Congress, so that we can address all of the pressing issues for which Republicans have been bribed to protect the polluting thieves and pigs from being held to account, the most pressing of which, is surely, the idiotic and unfair inequality of wealth due to unfair ta structure, and most urgent, addressing the treats of Global Warming, the spread of poisons all over the world, corruption in the medical industry, health insurance industry, banking, institutional corruption everywhere, nparticularly in the sports industry, and in our institutions of higher learning, colleges, the pharmaceutical Industry, the farming industry, and certainly in the oil, gas and coal industries as well.

I am glad that Grayson is addressing what every rational American has known all along, particularly since Ronald Reagan began destroying the Middle Class in our country, and re-igniting racist attitudes in our country, as well as spreading homophobia, refusing equal rights to LGBT's, and in the case of REagan, ignoring one of the worst pandemics in history, as he refused to address, or even invest in any serious scientific effort to treat and prevent the spread of AIDS, in spite of the fact that his administration brought to Washington D.C. huge numbers of Homosexual Republican aides serving Republican Congressmen and Senators, and in turn, unprecedented numbers of Gay Bars in Washington D.C. opened shorty after the beginning of Reagan's Administration.

Hypocrisy is the best description of Republicans, ans this has been so for a very long time, and it has worsened over time.

Some think there is a war between Republican party members, but I, myself, believe that is a myth. There are no moderates in the Republican Party, and those who were moderates, like the subject of this article, have left the Party by now.

Gayle in MD.