Thread: Ball size

Ball size

Hi I have a 1958 Valley table. Can anyone tell me what size balls were used with this table,I'm using 2 1/4 in. Balls now and it seems that the balls are too big for the pockets. Can anyone help? Thanks jim

Depending on the game, they differ in weight, size, type, and number. In US, some pool tables use a smaller cue ball instead. Modern tables usually employ a magnetic ball of regulation or near-regulation size and weight.

AFAIK, the size of pool balls in the 1950's is the same as that of modern pool balls (2 1/4 "). Prior to the introduction of magnetic cue balls and magnetic return systems, the cueball was bigger and heavier but the other balls were still 2 1/4 inches. Perhaps the pockets on that 1958 Valley were shimmed to make them tighter?
    If there is a dangerous forum ... that's the one. -- LWW (referring to BD NPR)

First off ... nothing will stop ass killings entirely. -- LWW (AKA Vladimir Ulyanov, AKA WV Slim, AKA MrsLWW, .....)

Where did there CEO go yo work at loser? -- LWW (Demonstrating his masterful command of the English language while masquerading as his wife Vladimir.)