Thread: Information on Lishan Cues

Information on Lishan Cues

Hi all,
    I'm new to the forum and a recent new billiards enthusiast. My son and I started going to our local billiards hall and shooting. It's been a lot of fun and I'm gradually getting better with the help of others. Anyway, my mom recently passed along to me my grandfathers pool cue. He has been deceased almost 20 years, so this cue will never leave my hand as long as I'm alive (I'm 45). It is a nice cue and the company that made it is Lishan. I can't find anything on the web about this company. Are they still in existence and if not, when did they go out of business?

Re: Information on Lishan Cues

I never heard of this cue maker but that doesn't mean a whole lot. It just means that he wasn't one of the big names in cue building. He may have been a one man operation with limited production. You may want to ask some of the older players in pool rooms that your grandfather may have visited. It's worth a try.

I believe that Cue and Case sold these cues 15 years ago, they were made in Taiwan.
    "In search of the perfect stoke..."

Good find.
    I also remember someone on ebay trying to sell a Lishan cue for an ungodly sum of money. Many had the opinion that he was a nutcase.
    "In search of the perfect stoke..."

I have a Lishan Cue as well. I believe it to be 21oz. I bought it used from my husband's best friend over 20 years ago. Good condition. I believe the cue to be well over 30 years old. His friend's father was a cue collector. It was part of his collection. I wish I knew more about it though. I refuse to sell it at least until I learn more about it. Whenever I show it to someone, it gets a lot of interest. Maybe someone can help me? Thanks.

Lishans are getting hard to find but that doesnt make them worth for a ungodly sum of money.