Thread: 3 Piece Cues.

Threaded View

Gday Freddie -- thanx for that stuff.
    What sort of joint are Joint 1 and Joint 2 of lebow cue, and of gilbert cue?? And what sizes etc.

Are they lite wood to wood joints (if steel or collared then would be noze-heavy I guess).

Are they thick dia joints (if thick then cues would be noze-heavy I guess, no big deal u get used to it).
    I suppose that your Joint 1 dia and Joint 2 dia are exactly what u would find at the third-points of standard cues (or did u ask for different).
    (All of my Joint 1's are 0.850", ie same az mid-point joint of standard mid-joint 2pce pool cues).

Iz there a wt-bolt added at end of butt (for balance)(I will probly add a wt bolt in mine).

What total wts are the cues.

How do they play?? Praps if heavy joints then praps they don't play very well (especially if thin joints).

[My 3pce iz playing well, alltho I am having trouble with the new elk tips (too hard). Anyhow my 3pce iz looking promising -- kood be a goer for the 2014 billiards season. I am going to make a second separate 3pce cue this morning -- this cue will be 3 by 20"].

Re a cue-case -- I am looking at secondhand ukulele-cases (or viola or clarinet or ???)(but I would look like a hoodlum, especially if I wore a white panama with a purple hatband). And I am looking at a soft bag/pouch sort of folding thing, praps with individual pockets (would havtabe homemade I guess).
    mac.
    Last edited by cushioncrawler; 12-17-2013 at 03:13 AM.