Thread: These republicins has gone to far this time!!!!!!!!!!

These republicins has gone to far this time!!!!!!!!!!

A bunch of rich republicins getting phil robertsin fired just becaus he said that men shoud have sex with a women.

A Bible-thumping, swamp-dwelling redneck turns out to be a bigot. What a surprise!

So the head beard over at Duck Dynasty has either been suspended or fired from the show and the right is in a tizzy about "free speech". This isn't a free speech issue. It only becomes a 1st amendment issue if government limits your ability, not when a private company takes you off the air for something you say. A&E has every right to protect their image and business model what ever that may be.

Robertson did not just say that men should have sex with women, and before you go off on your fake sarcastic outrage perhaps you should read the interview in GQ.

I am hetero, and as such, I like hetero sex. And that's all fine and good. Some men are homosexual and they like homosexual sex, and that is fine with me because it is simply none of my business or Robertson's or any right wing douchebag's business what two consenting adults choose to do behind closed doors. Robertson attempted to equate homosexuality with beastiality ( an old and discredited right wing trick).

Are you right wingers scared that somehow you might catch "the gay" from homosexuals? It isn't a disease and it isn't communicable and if your manhood is threatened by another man's sexual preferences then perhaps you need to go to a psychologist and deal with your own repressed homosexual urges.

Oh and btw..Robertson also said that blacks were much happier during the old Jim Crow days. How come you don't say anything about that? Is it because it exposes not only Robertson's homophobia but his racism as well? Yeah blacks were so much happier when they were denied their voting rights, subjected to lynchings, and when the KKK rode roughshod all over the south now weren't they?

The show sucks, he sucks, his company sucks, and his family sucks, but:
    "No one in this world, so far as I know--and I have searched the record for years, and employed agents to help me--has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people." - H. L. Mencken

It's an absolute indictment of the level of uniquely American stupidity that people even watch "Duck Dynasty". Furthermore, how could ANYONE be surprised by what this guy has farted out of his mouth?

If there is a dangerous forum ... that's the one. -- LWW (referring to BD NPR)

First off ... nothing will stop ass killings entirely. -- LWW (AKA Vladimir Ulyanov, AKA WV Slim, AKA MrsLWW, .....)

Where did there CEO go yo work at loser? -- LWW (Demonstrating his masterful command of the English language while masquerading as his wife Vladimir.)

Conservatives Should Be Thanking A&E For Suspending “Duck Dynasty”

By Amanda Marcotte
    Thursday, December 19, 2013 10:18 EST
    RawStory.com
    http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/12/1...-duck-dynasty/

With a plodding inevitability, the ignorant screams of “free speech” are coming from the usual suspects in the wake of Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty getting suspended for his homophobic remarks in GQ. (He was also mind-bogglingly racist, but for some reason, that hasn’t been as sticky a story, maybe because his racist comments were a little more complex than his homophobic ones.) Sarah Palin, who is quickly making “dumbass” seem like an inadequate descriptor, said this:

Free speech is an endangered species, Palin, 49, wrote. “Those ‘intolerants’ hatin’ and taking on the Duck Dynasty patriarch for voicing his personal opinion are taking on all of us.

And Sean Hannity is trotting out the “old-fashioned traditional Christian sentiment and values” line. Sure, he’s not wrong that it’s traditional—beliefs that gays and women are subhuman are indeed a tradition—but “we always did it this way” is not actually an argument, or else we’d all still be sh*tting outdoors and no one would own a cellphone.

Look, I get why the usual suspects are whining and moaning that conservative assholes are entitled to have a TV show on A&E to preserve their “free speech”, without bothering to explain when the rest of us get our A&E shows because we also have free speech rights. Feeding off the claim that conservatives are “oppressed” any time they aren’t elevated as superior to the rest of America is their bread and butter. But man, it’s particularly stupid right now. They should be kissing A&E’s feet and screaming bloody murder at Robertson, because A&E was doing not just the Robertsons but all of conservative America a giant favor, and he, out of his petulant inability to know what he sounds like when he opens his yap, couldn’t be held back from f*%$ing it all up.

Duck Dynasty was a major P.R. coup for conservative America because it was free of comments like the ones Robertson let loose in GQ. The show was carefully scripted and edited to make the Robertsons seem like they aren’t bad people, just a little kooky and “old-fashioned”.* It made conservative America look cuddly and warm and fun-loving, instead of what Drew Magary of GQactually exposed it to be, which is miserable, resentful, and hateful. While I think most conservatives and most liberals understood implicitly that there was a whole side of this family that wasn’t on camera—was anyone really surprised by the GQ interview?—by carefully hiding it, A&E allowed conservative America to play up their own mythology about being decent people, deep down inside.

Now their cover is blown, and like morons, instead of blaming the guy who blew their cover, they’re whining that the cable networks are a bunch of meanies. Look, idiots, the cable networks bend over backwards to help conservative America out. How many times now has some right wing conservative TV hero turned out to be an embarrassment? Paula Deen? Dog the Bounty Hunter? I can’t believe, for instance, that the Duggars have managed to stay under the radar, since Jim Duggar thinks 1/3 of American women are Nazis because they’ve had abortions—I guess he was smart enough to argue his point through implication, knowing the media needs direct quotes in order to get the story to stick with people. TV networks bend over backwards to put a shiny, happy face on the rot that is conservative American culture, and instead of thanking them profusely, wingnuts just whine that they can’t be more bigoted on camera. Jesus.

*"Old-fashioned" is in quotes because what modern conservatives build up as traditional behavior is largely a bunch of recent cultural inventions to compete with mainstream culture that they find alienating. While it has elements of the traditional in it—racism, sexism, homophobia—the histrionic religiosity and definitely the unkempt facial hair would have seemed very alien to previous generations of Americans. Sorry, just a pet peeve of mine. Conservative white American culture is just as modern as the world it’s rejecting; it just pretends it’s not. Having grown up in Texas, I can safely say that a lot of the stuff, like “purity rings”, that gets presented as traditional is younger than I am. Hell, those didn’t even start to be things until after I graduated high school.

First off ... nothing will stop ass killings entirely. -- LWW (AKA Vladimir Ulyanov, AKA WV Slim, AKA MrsLWW, .....)

Where did there CEO go yo work at loser? -- LWW (Demonstrating his masterful command of the English language while masquerading as his wife Vladimir.)

How kum peeple keep disparaging sex with beasts if they havnt tryd it.
    mac.

Hondo everybody knows you are diablo vijo and that you act like a southrner as hondo and then make fun of us a diablo vijo and all you realy are is a republicin yankee troublemaker.

Quote Originally Posted by WV Slim Shady View Post
    Hondo everybody knows you are diablo vijo and that you act like a southrner as hondo and then make fun of us a diablo vijo and all you realy are is a republicin yankee troublemaker.
    Das rite Bubba. Yoo sho enuff is a danged smart maian. Smart as a whip. Pass the moonshine, will ya Slim? Tell us some stories of life in the hollers.

Quote Originally Posted by DiabloViejo View Post
    Das rite Bubba. Yoo sho enuff is a danged smart maian. Smart as a whip. Pass the moonshine, will ya Slim? Tell us some stories of life in the hollers.
    Spoke like a true republicin yankee hondo. Slim dont think you and your split persnslty could handle moonshine and we all know that yous skeered to come in the holler and say sumthin to us in person.