Thread: This iconic actor is bolting the gop

Exclamation This iconic actor is bolting the gop

THIS ICONIC ACTOR IS BOLTING THE GOP

Calls Republican Party 'a mess'

By David Mark, Editor in Chief
    Politix.com
    March 13, 2014

Acclaimed actor Robert Duvall - one of the few open conservatives in Hollywood - is leaving the Republican Party calling it "a mess".
    Duvall, 83, a movie icon for his roles in The Godfather films, Tender Mercies and The Natural, among many others, tells The Daily Beast:

Let me say it this way: my wife's from Argentina, she's been here for a while, and she's very smart. She calls herself a 'tree-hugging Republican,' but she might even vote Democrat next time because the Republican Party is a mess. I'll probably vote Independent next time.
    Some of these very conservative Republicans...

I don't know, man. I believe in a woman's choice.

That's quite a turnaround for Duvall, who narrated most of the videos for the 2008 Republican National Convention. In September 2008, he appeared on stage at a John McCain-Sarah Palin rally in New Mexico. In 2012, Duvall endorsed Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney. And back in 2001 was personally invited to President George W. Bush's inauguration.

Duvall has been nominated for six Academy Awards, winning for his performance in Tender Mercies, six Golden Globes, winning four, and has multiple nominations and one win each of the BAFTA, Screen Actors Guild Award, and Emmy Award. He received the National Medal of Arts in 2005.

Via The Daily Beast, and Politix.

Quote Originally Posted by DiabloViejo View Post
    THIS ICONIC ACTOR IS BOLTING THE GOP

Calls Republican Party 'a mess'

By David Mark, Editor in Chief
    Politix.com
    March 13, 2014

Acclaimed actor Robert Duvall - one of the few open conservatives in Hollywood - is leaving the Republican Party calling it "a mess".
    Duvall, 83, a movie icon for his roles in The Godfather films, Tender Mercies and The Natural, among many others, tells The Daily Beast:

Let me say it this way: my wife's from Argentina, she's been here for a while, and she's very smart. She calls herself a 'tree-hugging Republican,' but she might even vote Democrat next time because the Republican Party is a mess. I'll probably vote Independent next time.
    Some of these very conservative Republicans...

I don't know, man. I believe in a woman's choice.

That's quite a turnaround for Duvall, who narrated most of the videos for the 2008 Republican National Convention. In September 2008, he appeared on stage at a John McCain-Sarah Palin rally in New Mexico. In 2012, Duvall endorsed Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney. And back in 2001 was personally invited to President George W. Bush's inauguration.

Duvall has been nominated for six Academy Awards, winning for his performance in Tender Mercies, six Golden Globes, winning four, and has multiple nominations and one win each of the BAFTA, Screen Actors Guild Award, and Emmy Award. He received the National Medal of Arts in 2005.

Via The Daily Beast, and Politix.
    He's just beginning to realize that Republicans are misogynists, homophobics, and racists?

It's a little late Robert.

I have friends to go regularly to his country home Tango Meets, and he's so full of himself they say it's disgusting being around him.

He voted for Mitt? Voted twice for Bush?

Another non-thinking, self proclaimed genius, like Scarborough, who is a PROVEN misogynist, a racist and a homophobe.

Just slink away in shame, Duvall, you're too late to erace all of the repulsive acts in your past.

JESUS is LORD and SAVIOR.
    Hondo>03-09-11.Thread 600 "Tangled with charley"
    STOLEN VALOR ACT-
    Pretenders,Liars,Frauds.

We all love god.
    Hondo>03-09-11.Thread 600 "Tangled with charley"
    STOLEN VALOR ACT-
    Pretenders,Liars,Frauds.