Pastor Who Prays for President Obama to Die Preaches That Women Should Shut Up in Church (Video)
March 25, 2014
Look, we know that there are different kinds of people who call themselves Christians – good ones, and bad ones. The good ones are those who actually know the difference between right and wrong and don’t take every verse in the Bible literally, or use it as a basis to hate, judge, or discriminate against others.
And then there are those so-called Christians like Pastor Steven L. Anderson, of the Faithful Word Baptist Church in Phoenix, Arizona who give Christians as a whole a bad name.
Pastor Anderson first gained national infamy back in 2009 when he claimed that he prays for President Obama’s death every day because he “hates” him. Apparently, in his world, hate is just something that Christians do.
Watch his bizarre anti-Obama tirade below, which led to a visit from your friendly neighborhood Secret Service. Just one guess what news network he watches every night.
The fire-and-brimstone preacher is also a homophobe, which along with his fire and brimstone, hate-mongering demeanor, would make him a good fit for the Westboro Baptist Church clan.
And now, we can safely add misogynist to the list of things we can detest about Anderson. In the below 3+ minute sermon, Anderson hammers home what God expects from the ladies in church, citing a couple of Bible verses to justify his belief that women are to shut up and listen while in church, and ask any questions they may have to their masters husbands when they get home.
So ladies, here are your special Pastor Anderson ground rules while you are in church.
1. You MAY speak to other humans before church starts.
2. You CAN joyfully sing along to “Jesus Loves Me” or any other song that praises God.
3. When Pastor Anderson is preaching, SHUT UP!
4. If you disagree with Pastor Anderson, SHUT UP!
5. If you agree with Pastor Anderson, SHUT UP! That’s right… even saying “Amen” is a no-no. Don’t risk getting a Bible thrown at you.
6. If you have any questions about Pastor Anderson’s sermon, SHUT UP! Don’t even ask yoursupreme leader husband while you are at church with him. Save that for when you get home, after you’ve made him a nice lunch and cleaned the house – all the more better if you are silent while doing so, of course. And hubby might be watching football, so wait for the commercial breaks to bother him with such things.
7. Learning time is SHUT UP time. Women are placed here on earth in order to serve men, and learn things from them.
8. If there is any doubt as to whether you should speak or not, just take the safe route and SHUT UP!
Watch the ridiculousness below.