Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Origin of your screen name?

Origin of your screen name?

I have been reading this board for some time and have always been curious as to the reason behind certain screen names. Anyone care to disclose the meaning behind their names?

Re: Origin of your screen name?

I once saw a VA vanity tag (LQQK) where the word LOOK was spelled with Q's to resemble eyes. So I came up with PQQL EYES and then PQQL K9 (no space allowed here)...because Q's and "9" have some meaning in pool...hence the nickname pool dawg (New York accent and hip-hop flavor).This might be more than you wanted to know [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] my time would be better served practicing instead or thinking up stupid screen names [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]...
    Nick

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> I have been reading this board for some time and have always been curious as to the reason behind certain screen names. Anyone care to disclose the meaning behind their names? <hr /></blockquote>
    There is no deep dark secret. It is just my name. [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Just a little bit south and east of Hamiltucky a little bit west of the Atlantic Ocean

Ask Voodoo, he gave it to me. Some thing about the Green Hornet and sidekicks or something [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Kato
    Signature deleted by***********Kato

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> Anyone care to disclose the meaning behind their names? <hr /></blockquote>
    http://www.behindthename.com/nm/a2.html
    ALFRED English, French
    Pronounced: AL-fred
    Derived from the Old English element ælf "elf" combined with ræd "counsel". Alfred the Great was a 9th-century king of Wessex who fought unceasingly against the Danes who lived in the northeast of England. He was also a scholar, and he translated many Latin books into Old English. His popularity helped to ensure the usage of this name even after the Norman conquest (when most Old English names were replaced by Norman ones).

The reason I chose it was because it starts with an "A". There are no other reasons I am aware of.

Please, tell us about "Popcorn". :-)

Living in Paradise, beautiful Victoria on Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> Ask Voodoo, he gave it to me. Some thing about the Green Hornet and sidekicks or something [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Kato <hr /></blockquote>

Hi RJ,

Kato, the Green Hornet's sidekick, was played by none other than Bruce Lee.
    Dave Syrja in Victoria
    davespooltools.com

I went by Redrock from high school til something like a year ago. My last name is Redstone, so that's an easy one to figure out. Then I had the idea that I'd like to get into cue repair. I was messing around at the computer, playing with ideas for a business card, and came up with the stick figure holding a cue, and the name Stickman. I have since figured out that there would probably not be enough repair work for me in my local area to offset the cost of equipment, for a long, long time. I wanted some professional quality equipment, so that professional quality repairs would be easy. Anyway, the name and the figure seemed to be a good choice for a pool forum, not to mention that I am 6'6" and slim. [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

"Good game Ken, Rack 'em up and let's do it again. By the way...could you move my marker up one more game please?"

Unfortunately, my screen name comes from the very drill that I practice most often in the pool hall...racking.

Regards,

Ken

[color:"red"]RackMup![/color]

You can't be too young to remember that one. Even I remember that. Didn't like him much back then but sure wish he was still around.

Heide

Mine is from that fact that I have a 10 year old 2nd degree brown belt in sho rei ryu and ryu kyu kempo karate. Hence, Karate - Mom. I would love to take up the sport, but just don't have the time, I'd have to give up pool (yeah, right) [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

Heide ~ knows enough to break an arm or two [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]