Thread: Major Meltdown

Major Meltdown

Okay, any help would be greatly appreciated. I am desperately trying to attach a picture to my posts. I want it under my name and information on the left side of the screen, but have no clue how to do it. I have tried following the directions under the FAQ's, but just can't grasp this.

And as long as I'm on the subject of being computer-illierate, what are HTML, UBB, and URL?

I feel like an idiot asking, but I guess I'll never know unless I ask. Thanks again.

Heide

Just a little bit south and east of Hamiltucky a little bit west of the Atlantic Ocean

Re: Major Meltdown

I second that as a major computer illiterate.

Kato
    Signature deleted by***********Kato

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> I second that as a major computer illiterate.

Kato <hr /></blockquote>

Thanks, RJ. Now I don't feel so alone [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Heide

Heide -

When you find the picture that you want (it has to be on a website) right click on it. Left click on "Copy Image Location". Go to your profile under "My Home". Scroll down to the appropriate place. Right click in the area where you're asked to insert the URL for your picture. Then click Paste. Click on Submit when you're done and Viola!

URL (Uniform Resource Locator)- basically is the global address of documents that are on the World Wide Web (WWW). So when you right click on anything while you're on the WWW and choose Properties, you'll see a link. That is the URL for the image/document that your right clicked on.

HTML (Hypertext Markup Language)-is the structure and layout of a web document. For instance, here when we want to insert colors or make something bold you would type something like or to add a pic [image][/image].

UBB (I forgot what the acronym is)-is the CCBs version of HTML. For instance, if your UBB enabled here, to insert a picture you would type [image]paste the URL of the pic here[/image]. If you have your HTML enabled and you want to do the same thing you can shorten it and do [img]paste the pic's url here[/img]

Hope this helps.

Wendy~~God, can I be anymore geeky?!

I Shoot Like A Girl.
    Damn Good.
    Ah f*&%it!

Thanks for the info, Wendy. I tried copying a picture from my home page, but it won't let me. I'm too darn tired to try anything else tonite. I'll try again tomorrow when my head is clear (yeah, right). [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Thanks again,

Heide

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr>. . .HTML (Hypertext Markup Language)-is the structure and layout of a web document. For instance, here when we want to insert colors or make something bold you would type something like or to add a pic [image][/image].

UBB (I forgot what the acronym is)-is the CCBs version of HTML. For instance, if your UBB enabled here, to insert a picture you would type [image]paste the URL of the pic here[/image]. If you have your HTML enabled and you want to do the same thing you can shorten it and do [img]paste the pic's url here[/img]. . . .<hr /></blockquote>From the Too Much Information Department:

I believe UBB stands for "Universal Bullentin Board" (Code).

Both UBB and HTML are 'markup' languages (as in "Hypertext Markup. . ."), and as 9BG said you use tags to "mark up" the text you wish affected. The tags are used in pairs, around the desired text, with one tag opening such as "[image]" for a picture reference, and the closing tag adds a slash, "[/image]".

As you can see, UBB tags are set with square brackets ( [ and ] ), whereas HTML makes use of angle brackets ( [/b]&lt;[/b] and &gt; ). The code(s) are merely responsible for formatting the text as you wish.

HTML is usually disallowed in bulletin boards, to keep mischevious coders from screwing with things. UBBCode allow some desired functionality, without opening the board up for trouble.

(BTW, If you want to see the HTML code for any page in your browser, go to the menu bar, and choose View--&gt;Source, or right-click on the background of the page, and choose "View Source".)

======================
    You are what you do when it counts.--The Masao
    heater<span style="color: red">451</span>

Okay, heater. I know you know how to do this. Can you help me out? I want to put a picture under my name on the left, just as you have. I would greatly appreciate your help.

I put the picture that I wanted on my home page and then tried to copy it like Wendy had said. That wouldn't work. When I tried to paste it, it wouldn't let me. I feel like such an idiot, but now I'm on a mission to get this accomplished.

Heide

Okay, as you can see I have finally figured this one out. Thanks to heater, Wendy, and even Kato for all your help. I never would have figured this one out without you guys. You've made my day!!!

Heide ~ at least now I know who to ask for help [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

What a cutie! That must be none other than Christ I'm sure.

Wendy~~He's a Cutie Patootie [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
    I Shoot Like A Girl.
    Damn Good.
    Ah f*&%it!

Yep, that's him. Harley jacket and all.

Heide