Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Quote of the Day - New York Times

Quote of the Day - New York Times

[b]This quote couldn't be more true..... [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
    ================================================== ==========
    <font color="purple">"We can't find bin Laden, we haven't made real progress in finding key elements of Al Qaeda. They continue to be as great a threat today as they were one and a half years ago. So by what measure can we claim to be successful sofar?"
    -TOM DASCHLE, the Senate Democratic leader. [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] </font color>
    <font color="black">==================================== ========================
    Our President is now using Sadam Hussein as ginny pig since he has been unable to handle Bin Laden and the Al Qaeda. Abuse of his power and privileges, I might add!

Just my opinion, folks!

</font color>
    [b]<font color="blue">Billiard is a passionate sport for the mind and soul!</font color>

Harold Acosta - Past President PR Billiard Federation
    Billiards, a passionate sport for the mind and soul.!

Re: Quote of the Day - New York Times

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Harold Acosta:</font><hr> [b]This quote couldn't be more true..... [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
    <font color="purple">"We can't find bin Laden, we haven't made real progress in finding key elements of Al Qaeda. They continue to be as great a threat today as they were one and a half years ago. So by what measure can we claim to be successful sofar?"
    -TOM DASCHLE, the Senate Democratic leader. [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] </font color>
    <font color="black">==================================== ========================
    Our President is now using Sadam Hussein as ginny pig since he has been unable to handle Bin Laden and the Al Qaeda. Abuse of his power and privileges, I might add!

Just my opinion, folks!

</font color>
    [b]<font color="blue">Billiard is a passionate sport for the mind and soul!</font color>

<hr /></blockquote>

When I lived in the country, I trapped mice and rats. Just because I didn't get them all, didn't mean I wasn't making any progress. There were fewer of them anyway. Bin Laden will make a mistake, and meet his fate eventually.

Now if Sadam Hussein is a Ginny Pig, I'm ready for a pig roast. LOL [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote stickman:</font><hr> Now if Sadam Hussein is a Ginny Pig, I'm ready for a pig roast. LOL [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] <hr /></blockquote>

I've been dying for a good ham sandwich for about 11 years now [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

Heide

Are you trying to start a political war? Maybe Bush should have just stepped down much like your buddy Clinton. Everyday there are people like Tom Daschle that further prove what a wonderful thing just happened in the latest elections.

I wonder if your quotes of the day will be as biased as your paper of choice. [ QUOTE ]
    "We can't find bin Laden, we haven't made real progress in finding key elements of Al Qaeda. They continue to be as great a threat today as they were one and a half years ago. So by what measure can we claim to be successful sofar?"<hr /></blockquote>This is the kind of ignorance that helped the Dems to lose more seats in Congress. Since the Dems have lost all these seats, they need to find something to discredit what the President has done in order to start rebuilding their somewhat puny reputation. If yourself or Daschle would like "a measure to claim success" why don't you look right at the very fact that the Taliban no longer rule Ashcanistan. This is a huge fact that continues to get swept under the rug. The taliban has been removed and so have all the Al Qaeda camps that were there. Did the Americans fail in their mission? Well I certainly think not. Here is a quote from Boortz.com [ QUOTE ]
    So .. it’s back to business as usual. There’s an election in two years, so there’s no time like right now to start painting Bush as a failure. Osama Bin Laden is alive, so Bush blew it. Never mind that Afghanistan is liberated from the Taliban. Forget that the Al Qaeda have lost their training bases and the bulk of their infrastructure. Ignore those Islamic terrorists who were arrested in upstate New York … and their colleague who was killed by that Hellfire missile in Yemen. Truth is, we have no idea how many terrorist attacks have been thwarted by the efforts of our security agencies and our men and women in uniform. The mere fact that there has been no follow-up attack is a good indication that something is being done right.

More attacks? Sure there will be more attacks. This is a world-wide war. The Islamic radicals are determined to achieve world domination under Islamic law. Wouldn’t it be nice if people like Daschle could support Bush’s effort instead of trying to undermine it? <hr /></blockquote> I am quite proud to have worked on the Hellfire program that introduced itself to that wonderful human being the Dems feel so sorry for.

What the heck is a ginny pig? Is that liquored up pork or what?

eg8r

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Harold Acosta:</font><hr> [b]This quote couldn't be more true..... [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Just my opinion, folks!

</font color>

<hr /></blockquote>

Funny no one cares about the economy anymore keep em busy with war talk it wins elections.
    personally i would like to see the 300+ billion dollars that war will cost go into homeless poverty and education, but then again there is no oil or money to be made in these things.
    well ill give Dubja and the republicans a chance for now but if things get F*cked up worse there can be no one to blame but them!
    Oh yeah worse thing that will happen from this past election
    is that the supreme court will soon change to a mostly conservative group Kiss your rights good bye [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

nAz 2012 GOP presidential candidate

I'm with you Naz. Although what happened last year was horrible, I think the terrorists will always be with us, to some degree or another.

I am more worried about the economy too.I have been worried about this country going into a depression for some time. If that happens,many would lose their jobs and stocks would crash. As awful as it sounds to say this, a war would create jobs and turn the economy around.

blu

Quote of the Day - New York Times (Democrat Biased)

You must be too crazy to have believed what you said [ QUOTE ]
    Oh yeah worse thing that will happen from this past election is that the supreme court will soon change to a mostly conservative group Kiss your rights good bye <hr /></blockquote>This is asinine. If you would like a little education then pay attention. Do you think individuals should be allowed to own guns? If you answered yes, they you believe in the right to bear arms. If this is correct then you must follow a "conservative" mind set because this is exactly what the Republicans are fighting for. The dems would like to take that right away. If you don't believe me then listen to any gun control lobbyist and you tell me where his campaign contributions are going.

Another idea, if you believe in your rights then why vote Democrat? The dems get the majority of their campaign contributions from unions. This is the biggest rip off of Americans. Why should a private citizen be denied a position because he is not a union employee, when it is documented time and time again that union led companies do not produce any outcome that is near the level of the private industry. If you would like a great example, then look no further than the teachers union. Government institutions (public schools) are the worst places to send your kids if you are looking at academics. Look in the state of California. There was a private company that decided to turn around some run down schools. They used private money (big business) to hire private instructors (non union) and now look at it now. Those schools have the highest rated academics in the state. The teachers union think this is a travesty, and they want those schools returned to the government.

I could go on for hours but here is my last statement: The dems voted against allowing the private citizens to invest a portion of the social security into personal retirement funds. Why would they do this, Social security earns at most around 2%, it does not even keep up with the rate of inflation. The reason is because if private citizens can invest their own money then they are not dependent on the government as much. This means the dems will lose constituents. What do the dems do, they say the Republicans are trying to take away your retirement. Run old people and vote democrat or you will lose your money. The elderly will not lose anything, they are already receiving it. What will happen, is that private citizens will have opportunity to earn more than the 2% the dems want to give them. If you think social security is such a great thing, then I urge you not to invest in any Roth IRA's or anything else. If you truly believe the Democrats are there to help you then why don't you call on them when you are 65 and trying to live off the paltry SS that you are recieving.

eg8r &lt;~~~You don't even want me to start with Tax breaks. [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

This reply makes no sense. You people need to read a little more and get your heads out of the newspeoples butts. Here is a fine quote by one dem supporter bw.[ QUOTE ]
    I am more worried about the economy too.I have been worried about this country going into a depression for some time. If that happens,many would lose their jobs and stocks would crash.<hr /></blockquote>Just to try and set the record straight, do you even know if we are in a depression, recession or anything of the like. NO!!!. The recession happened while Clinton was in office. It started near the end of his term when everyone one was thinking Al Gore might be Clintons successor. The economy has not been in recession for awhile now. Bush has helped that happened. In order to be in a recession we must have 2 quarters in a row that are declining, this has not happened in awhile. The stocks are low, but that is not because of Bush. Take a look at the technology failure that happened and you make a good reason to blame that on Bush.

eg8r

Dude relax your going to pop a blood vessel [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    maybe this will make you smile

nAz 2012 GOP presidential candidate

Re: Daschle's an idiot

..and he will regret saying that if he doesn't already. Daschle's just playing politics. He knows that is a bold-faced lie. We ran the Taliban out of Afghanistan, killed or captured hundreds if not thousands, and disrupted the rest. All that with 250, let me repeat, 250 U. S. ground troops.

No progress? I beg to differ.