Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34

Thread: Simply amazing.

  1. #11
    Senior Member Sev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    State of Franklin.
    Posts
    9,608
    Quote Originally Posted by DiabloViejo View Post
    I was born in Cuba, my father, and uncle, fled Cuba in 1959 because they had participated in counter-revolutionary demonstrations and ambushes. My mother, sister, and I, came to the US as political refugees back in 1961 just before the failed Bay of Pigs invasion.

    Another uncle was executed after a revolutionary kangaroo court found him guilty of "crimes against the revolution". His crime? He was a Captain of the police traffic squad in Havana. He had never participated in anything other than his duties as a traffic cop and commander of his traffic squad.

    I am a former active duty US Marine (Military Police) who volunteered to serve back in 1974. Although I never served in combat I was ready, willing, and able to serve my country (USA) wherever the job called for it. I served four years and was honorably discharged. I did it because I love my country and I wanted to repay a small part of the kindness that was shown to me and mine by the government / citizens of the US.

    You don't know a thing about me. So please lay off with the Marxist/Leninist/Stalinist nonsense.

    The Affordable Health Care Act is not socialist "state healthcare" it is simply a requirement to obtain PRIVATE health care which is in turn provided by private medical facilities and doctors. It was not created by democrats or socialists or communists, it was based on Republican ideas (Romneycare in MA).

    I am truly sorry about what happened to your grandfather, but your argument is based on a logical fallacy (false analogy/ apples to oranges). American liberals did not kill him, European Social Democrats did not kill him, a corrupt, evil, and tyrannical system killed him, backwardness and stupidity killed him, the Russian penchant for strongman dictators and brutality killed him.

    Yes, our PUBLIC education system, (*gasp* there goes that creepy socialism again) was once the envy of the world, so what happened? The conservatives vilified the teachers as "union thugs" and gutted funding for educational programs.

    Our universities are still among the very best in the world and are the preferred institutions of higher learning for the sons and daughters of the world's elite who can come in and pay the high costs of tuition and boarding, while middle class Americans find themselves having to load up on debt and basically sell their souls just to pay for second string university costs. Of course the very wealthiest Americans have no such problems paying for an Ivy League education but then again they're "special" and so much more deserving than us mere peons.

    Our national pension system (Social Security) was raided by Republicans beginning with Ronald Reagan in order to fund his massive military spending and star wars. Our elderly people are getting dumped on by conservative Republicans who resist and reject any reasonable cost of living adjustments, while promoting corporate welfare and more tax cuts for the very wealthiest, thus placing an ever increasing burden on the middle class and the poor. The ultimate goal of the conservative republicans is to do away with Social Security and replace it with schemes that will assure that the next time the bankers, and their Wall Street partners in crime cause another financial collapse rip-off, the elderly will lose all their retirement money while the criminals make out like the bandits that they are. Privatized profits, socialized losses and huge bonuses for the scammers.

    Our media is controlled by a handful of private corporations and exists today mainly to promote whatever the oligarchs want them to. The conservatives have severely cut public radio and television funding to the point that they are no longer independent programming sources. It wasn't the liberals that did this, in fact progressives fought them tooth and nail all along.

    Who created the "Patriot Act"? Who ordered the NSA surveillance? Who approved all of the repressive laws? Oh yeah, it was Republicans. Who fought against them? The liberals that you seem to detest so very much.

    Conservatives on the Supreme Court have ruled that corporations are people, that the civil rights act is no longer needed, and that money equals free speech. In doing so they have put up our system of government for sale to the highest bidders.

    Now you tell me, where do you think the conservative path leads?

    Yeah, I am a Communist and a Stalinist just pining away for the good old days of Uncle Joe, Mao, and Pol Pot, just because I believe that the rich and corporations should pay their fair share of our taxes, because I support reinstatement of Glass-Steagal regulation of the banking system, because I want clean air and clean water for all, because (along with 98% of the world's scientists) I believe that Global Warming is a clear and present danger to all humanity, because I believe that women should have reproductive rights, because I believe in investing in our public infrastructure, because I support a living age, because I support voting rights for all, because I believe that in the wealthiest nation on the planet no one should go hungry or homeless, and because I didn't have a conniption fit when an African American was democratically elected TWICE. Yeah I'm a real commie, aren't I tovarisch?
    Still spewing all the nonsense I see Fats.
    Our politicians are killing our nation no matter which side of aisle they are on and you are right there cheering them on.
    The halfbreed in the oval office and his minions are driving nails into Americas coffin as fast as they can. The next group that gets into office will continue the trend.
    The only thing that is going to save America another revolution.

    Jefferson had it right.

    "I do not know whether it is to yourself or Mr. Adams I am to give my thanks for the copy of the new constitution. I beg leave through you to place them where due. It will be yet three weeks before I shall receive them from America. There are very good articles in it: and very bad. I do not know which preponderate. What we have lately read in the history of Holland, in the chapter on the Stadtholder, would have sufficed to set me against a Chief magistrate eligible for a long duration, if I had ever been disposed towards one: and what we have always read of the elections of Polish kings should have forever excluded the idea of one continuable for life. Wonderful is the effect of impudent and persevering lying. The British ministry have so long hired their gazetteers to repeat and model into every form lies about our being in anarchy, that the world has at length believed them, the English nation has believed them, the ministers themselves have come to believe them, and what is more wonderful, we have believed them ourselves. Yet where does this anarchy exist? Where did it ever exist, except in the single instance of Massachusets? And can history produce an instance of a rebellion so honourably conducted? I say nothing of it's motives. They were founded in ignorance, not wickedness. God forbid we should ever be 20. years without such a rebellion.[1] The people can not be all, and always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions it is a lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. We have had 13. states independant 11. years. There has been one rebellion. That comes to one rebellion in a century and a half for each state. What country ever existed a century and a half without a rebellion? And what country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it's natural manure. Our Convention has been too much impressed by the insurrection of Massachusets: and in the spur of the moment they are setting up a kite to keep the hen yard in order. I hope in god this article will be rectified before the new constitution is accepted." - Thomas Jeffersonto William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787[2]



    There isn't anything wrong with America that liberal ideology, properly applied by government experts, can't make worse.

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    9,896
    Quote Originally Posted by Sev View Post
    You are pissing into the wind.
    They dont care about history because they believe that they can do it better and their path is superior.
    They will ignore all the warnings of history and assign blame to others for their failures.
    For them its all about fairness and good intentions.
    They do not care about the misery they spread as long as they can claim that they tried.
    LOL! Preaching to the choir? Larry already believes that.
    May God bless all of you.

  3. #13
    Senior Member DiabloViejo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    13,056
    Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Ulyanov View Post
    My grandfather died at the hands of state healthcare. In USSR it was not uncommon for surgery to be done without pain medication because the state would allow only a certain to be produced. The party members received the best and the rest were allowed to rot in filthy conditions in state hospitals. Many died from unsanitary conditions,lack of medicine,and long waiting lists. The UK is already beginning to suffer from these flaws as are your on hospitals for your military veterans.

    Your schools were once the envy of the world. They have slowly turned into brainwashing systems to grow obedient servants. Your national pension system is heading for bankruptcy just as it did in the USSR. Your elderly people are already getting increases that are less than inflation. Your press has largely become propaganda mills. Your last two presidents have launched massive domestic surveillance programs and most of your people sit and do nothing.

    These changes have not happened overnight but history should be a warning for you. You have no idea where this path leads.
    The old man could have used Obamacare, but alas.. there was no hope of change for him. (Unlike this lucky man who was opposed to the ACA and now owes his life to it: http://articles.philly.com/2014-04-2...saving-surgery)

    Hmmmmm...Why does your user name pay homage to the man you claim to detest? A man who ordered and participated in murder and genocide?

    Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov (Lenin) 1870-1924

    Lenin's real name was Vladimir Illych Ulyanov. He changed it to Lenin while on the run from the secret police to avoid arrest. Lenin's importance to Russia's history cannot be overstated; in November 1917, Lenin established the first communist government when he overthrew the Provisional Government. Russia
    had the first communist government in the world.



    By the way, the jig is up, LWW.

    I have no interest in participating in your poop-stirring and baiting. I'll just kick back and watch the show.

    BTW, just to show that I have no ill feeling towards you I found you the nicest and most apropos prize for your entertainment, it's sooo you!..I'm sure you'll enjoy many hours of fun just chilling with it! :

    Last edited by DiabloViejo; 04-29-2014 at 03:16 PM.


  4. #14
    Senior Member DiabloViejo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    13,056


  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    9,896
    Quote Originally Posted by DiabloViejo View Post
    The old man could have used Obamacare, but alas.. there was no hope of change for him. (Unlike this lucky man who was opposed to the ACA and now owes his life to it: http://articles.philly.com/2014-04-2...saving-surgery)

    Hmmmmm...Why does your user name pay homage to the man you claim to detest? A man who ordered and participated in murder and genocide?

    Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov (Lenin) 1870-1924

    Lenin's real name was Vladimir Illych Ulyanov. He changed it to Lenin while on the run from the secret police to avoid arrest. Lenin's importance to Russia's history cannot be overstated; in November 1917, Lenin established the first communist government when he overthrew the Provisional Government. Russia
    had the first communist government in the world.



    By the way, the jig is up, LWW.

    I have no interest in participating in your poop-stirring and baiting. I'll just kick back and watch the show.

    BTW, just to show that I have no ill feeling towards you I found you the nicest and most apropos prize for your entertainment, it's sooo you!..I'm sure you'll enjoy many hours of fun just chilling with it! :

    He can't even alter his wording. LOL!
    May God bless all of you.

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Primary residence is suburban Detroit but have a flat in London and Moscow.
    Posts
    504
    Quote Originally Posted by DiabloViejo View Post
    The old man could have used Obamacare, but alas.. there was no hope of change for him. (Unlike this lucky man who was opposed to the ACA and now owes his life to it: http://articles.philly.com/2014-04-2...saving-surgery)

    Hmmmmm...Why does your user name pay homage to the man you claim to detest? A man who ordered and participated in murder and genocide?

    Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov (Lenin) 1870-1924

    Lenin's real name was Vladimir Illych Ulyanov. He changed it to Lenin while on the run from the secret police to avoid arrest. Lenin's importance to Russia's history cannot be overstated; in November 1917, Lenin established the first communist government when he overthrew the Provisional Government. Russia
    had the first communist government in the world.



    By the way, the jig is up, LWW.

    I have no interest in participating in your poop-stirring and baiting. I'll just kick back and watch the show.

    BTW, just to show that I have no ill feeling towards you I found you the nicest and most apropos prize for your entertainment, it's sooo you!..I'm sure you'll enjoy many hours of fun just chilling with it! :

    Your knowledge of Russia is quite nil tovarisch. I am impressed that you know Lenin's real name. Most Americans know nothing of foreign history. For the use of the name one must know something of Russia. To this day Lenin is everywhere. Nearly every town has his statue somewhere. Someone who is well travelled and might be seen anywhere is in Russian slang referred to as Lenin or Ulyanov. It is similar to how Americans refer to everyone's signature as a John Hancock.

  7. #17
    Senior Member DiabloViejo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    13,056


  8. #18
    Senior Member DiabloViejo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    13,056
    Quote Originally Posted by Sev View Post
    Still spewing all the nonsense I see Fats.
    Our politicians are killing our nation no matter which side of aisle they are on and you are right there cheering them on.
    The halfbreed in the oval office and his minions are driving nails into Americas coffin as fast as they can. The next group that gets into office will continue the trend.
    The only thing that is going to save America another revolution.
    I'd be very careful about making racially charged remarks. I don't think it will go over well with the new sheriff in town.


  9. #19
    Senior Member Sev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    State of Franklin.
    Posts
    9,608
    And how is that racial?
    It an accurate description that designates neither race.



    There isn't anything wrong with America that liberal ideology, properly applied by government experts, can't make worse.

  10. #20
    Senior Member DiabloViejo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    13,056
    Quote Originally Posted by Sev View Post
    And how is that racial?
    It an accurate description that designates neither race.
    Why the back pedaling?

    Why does his racial composition matter in the least little bit?

    Disingenuousness doesn't help your case. You and I both know that half breed is a derogatory racial slur. Shame on you.

    Half Breed:

    (hăf'brēd', häf'-)
    n. Offensive
    A person of mixed racial descent, especially a person of Native American and white parentage.

    adj.
    Half-blooded; hybrid. Used of animals.

    Read more: http://www.answers.com/topic/half-breed#ixzz30KaiWY6A


    Last edited by DiabloViejo; 04-29-2014 at 08:17 PM.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •