Captured Benghazi Mastermind Says Attack Was Revenge For Video
So one of the things that has been driving Conservatives absolutely nuts is anyone suggesting that Benghazi had anything to do with a video. It seems that the mere mention of the word “video” in a Benghazi discussion sends them right over the edge.
But from the beginning, the Obama administration and Hillary Clinton have been saying that initially they thought that the terrorist attacks in Benghazi could have been fueled, at least in part, to an anti-Islamist online video that was made in the United States. That is why Susan Rice went on to all of those Sunday morning talk shows immediately following the attacks and mentioned it.
Now since then, Republicans have been relentless about insisting that the video had absolutely nothing to do with the Benghazi attacks, and that anyone suggesting otherwise was obviously only trying to contribute to some kind of cover-up.
Well, now there’s someone else talking about the video. And he’s no Liberal. Nope, he’s actually the terrorist mastermind himself, Ahmed Abu Khatallah, who was captured by the U.S. on Sunday.According to the New York Times, Khatallah said that he was motivated by the video and wanted revenge against Americans.
The Times reporter, David Kirkpatrick wrote,
“What he did in the period just before the attack has remained unclear. But Mr. Abu Khattala told other Libyans in private conversations during the night of the attack that he was moved to attack the diplomatic mission to take revenge for an insult to Islam in an American-made online video.”So one of the favorite Republican attacks on Obama and Hillary about Benghazi might have just crumbled like cheap chalk with the capture of this terrorist.
Well done, Mr. President….well done.