Thread: Watch: Pres. Obama Drops His Guard, Says What’s On His Mind About Republicans

Watch: Pres. Obama Drops His Guard, Says What’s On His Mind About Republicans

Occupy Democrats
    June 27, 2014
    http://www.occupydemocrats.com/watch...t-republicans/

While President Barack Obama is known for being a classy president who always keeps his cool, he has recently taken a bold turn to the comedic, delighting his audiences with eloquent off-the-cuff rebuttals of pathetic Republican attempts to smear and discredit him.

In this video, Pres. Obama describes how he usually tries to be politically polite, but given Republicans’ absurdly irrational intransigence on critically important economic initiatives, “lately” he just wants to “say what’s on [his] mind.”

Pres. Obama tore into Republicans on Wednesday night for pandering to right-wing conspiracy theorists as he alluded to prominent Republican politicians, such as House Speaker John Boehner and Senator Marco Rubio, noting that they “duck the question” of climate change by pleading ignorance when they say “‘Hey, I’m not a scientist,’ which really translates into ‘I accept that man-made climate change is real, but if I say so out loud I’ll be run out-of-town by a bunch of fringe elements that think climate science is a liberal plot, so I’m going to just pretend like…I can’t read.’”

Pres. Obama also went after Republicans at a speech on Thursday for manufacturing “cynicism” with their “phony scandals,” but reminded Americans that despite their unprecedented obstructionism, “we are making progress.”

Pres. Obama has continued this streak of resounding critiques, raking Republicans through the coals for their shameless opposition to each and every common-sense policy initiative that could help the struggling middle and working classes of America.

“So far this year, Republicans in Congress have blocked or voted down every single serious idea to strengthen the middle class,” Pres. Obama observed. “You may think I’m exaggerating, let me go through the list. They’ve said no to raising the minimum wage. They’ve said no to fair pay — some of them have denied that there’s even a problem, that despite the fact that women are getting paid 77 cents for every dollar that a man’s getting paid. They’ve said no to extending unemployment insurance for more than 3 million Americans…despite the fact that we know it would be good, not just for those families that are working hard to get back on their feet, but for the economy as a whole. Rather than invest in working families getting ahead, they actually voted to give another massive tax cut to the wealthiest Americans.”

When the crowd began to boo Republicans for their legislative obstruction, Pres. Obama replied, “don’t boo, by the way, I want you to vote.”

“Over and over again, they’ve shown that they’ll do anything to keep in place systems that really help folks at the top, but don’t really help” the 99 percent.

Pres. Obama then blasted Republicans’ craven defense of giant corporations that exploit people and pollute our planet, trashing their self-serving notion that “we should give more tax breaks to those at the top; they think we should invest less in things like education;they think we should let big banks and credit card companies and polluters and insurers do whatever is best for their bottom line without any responsibility to anybody else. They want to drastically reduce or get rid of the safety net for people trying to work their way into the middle-class.”

Noting the long history of economic failure for the middle class that has resulted from these long-ago discredited trickle-down policies, Pres. Obama observed, “We’ve tried what they’re peddling, and it doesn’t work.”

Please watch the video: http://youtu.be/wf-ctKI_6Qc
    If there is a dangerous forum ... that's the one. -- LWW (referring to BD NPR)

First off ... nothing will stop ass killings entirely. -- LWW (AKA Vladimir Ulyanov, AKA WV Slim, AKA MrsLWW, .....)

Primary residence is suburban Detroit but have a flat in London and Moscow.
    Yet another Stalinist dairy tale.

If there is a dangerous forum ... that's the one. -- LWW (referring to BD NPR)

First off ... nothing will stop ass killings entirely. -- LWW (AKA Vladimir Ulyanov, AKA WV Slim, AKA MrsLWW, .....)

Quote Originally Posted by DiabloViejo View Post

Occupy Democrats
    June 27, 2014
    http://www.occupydemocrats.com/watch...t-republicans/

While President Barack Obama is known for being a classy president who always keeps his cool, he has recently taken a bold turn to the comedic, delighting his audiences with eloquent off-the-cuff rebuttals of pathetic Republican attempts to smear and discredit him.

In this video, Pres. Obama describes how he usually tries to be politically polite, but given Republicans’ absurdly irrational intransigence on critically important economic initiatives, “lately” he just wants to “say what’s on [his] mind.”

Pres. Obama tore into Republicans on Wednesday night for pandering to right-wing conspiracy theorists as he alluded to prominent Republican politicians, such as House Speaker John Boehner and Senator Marco Rubio, noting that they “duck the question” of climate change by pleading ignorance when they say “‘Hey, I’m not a scientist,’ which really translates into ‘I accept that man-made climate change is real, but if I say so out loud I’ll be run out-of-town by a bunch of fringe elements that think climate science is a liberal plot, so I’m going to just pretend like…I can’t read.’”

Pres. Obama also went after Republicans at a speech on Thursday for manufacturing “cynicism” with their “phony scandals,” but reminded Americans that despite their unprecedented obstructionism, “we are making progress.”

Pres. Obama has continued this streak of resounding critiques, raking Republicans through the coals for their shameless opposition to each and every common-sense policy initiative that could help the struggling middle and working classes of America.

“So far this year, Republicans in Congress have blocked or voted down every single serious idea to strengthen the middle class,” Pres. Obama observed. “You may think I’m exaggerating, let me go through the list. They’ve said no to raising the minimum wage. They’ve said no to fair pay — some of them have denied that there’s even a problem, that despite the fact that women are getting paid 77 cents for every dollar that a man’s getting paid. They’ve said no to extending unemployment insurance for more than 3 million Americans…despite the fact that we know it would be good, not just for those families that are working hard to get back on their feet, but for the economy as a whole. Rather than invest in working families getting ahead, they actually voted to give another massive tax cut to the wealthiest Americans.”

When the crowd began to boo Republicans for their legislative obstruction, Pres. Obama replied, “don’t boo, by the way, I want you to vote.”

“Over and over again, they’ve shown that they’ll do anything to keep in place systems that really help folks at the top, but don’t really help” the 99 percent.

Pres. Obama then blasted Republicans’ craven defense of giant corporations that exploit people and pollute our planet, trashing their self-serving notion that “we should give more tax breaks to those at the top; they think we should invest less in things like education;they think we should let big banks and credit card companies and polluters and insurers do whatever is best for their bottom line without any responsibility to anybody else. They want to drastically reduce or get rid of the safety net for people trying to work their way into the middle-class.”

Noting the long history of economic failure for the middle class that has resulted from these long-ago discredited trickle-down policies, Pres. Obama observed, “We’ve tried what they’re peddling, and it doesn’t work.”

Please watch the video: http://youtu.be/wf-ctKI_6Qc

Bravo President Obama!!! AND everything you have stated, is easily proven to be true.

Amazing that people never bother to check out the voting records of Congressman and Senators! Republicans have voted no to every single issue that the polling data shows the vast majority of Americans want legislated and passed, from women's rights, to LGBT rights, to ending the radical religious Right Majority on the Supreme Court, and their quest to turn us into a FASCIST NATION! Nothing but a Oligarchy! They are destroying Democracy!