Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey Haters! Border Crisis Is Direct Result Of Bush Administration Laws

Exclamation Hey Haters! Border Crisis Is Direct Result Of Bush Administration Laws

Hey Haters! Border Crisis Is Direct Result Of Bush Administration Laws

The law passed by Congress in 2004 and reauthorized in 2008 was a Republican initiative, then and now.

VIDEO: http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/vi...-kids.cnn.html

The dirty little secret beneath the raucous right-wing hissy fit over the children at the US border seems to have been buried. It's time to unearth it.

It isn't as though these children woke up one morning and decided they were going to risk leaving their Central American safety net in order to swim the Rio Grande and then hope they could find refuge in the United States.

They leave those countries because of the danger and poverty they face on a daily basis. When risking it all to land in the United States beats life in their native country, something is wrong.

But the reason for the problem once they reach the border? That's attributable directly to George W. Bush and the Republican Congress he had back in 2002. Those were the heyday of the Bush administration, when tax cuts and war authorizations flowed like living water.

ThinkProgress:

Under a 2002 human trafficking law signed by former President George Bush and reauthorized again in 2008 with additional protections, Mexican unaccompanied children apprehended crossing the border are automatically returned without formal deportation proceedings because the two countries share a border. But unaccompanied children from El Salvador, Honduras, and Guatemala cannot be sent back without going through the deportation process, since that law ensured that America wouldn’t send kids back to a dangerous situation. (Honduras, for example, has experiences increased gang violence in 40 percent of its territory, while violence against females is surging in Guatemala.) Authorities must instead process these children anddetermine whether they have credible proof that they cannot return to their countries of origin. Central American children are given basic care like medical screenings in processing centers before being placed with relatives or foster care until they can appear in front of immigration judges.

Teabirchers' knickers are in a twist because of the danger a good number of these children could be granted refugee status:

Despite the increased deportation efforts, the U.N. High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) previously determined through a series of interviews with 404 children that 58 percent of unaccompanied minors “raise potential international protection” claims to refugee protections under international law.

Imagine being one of those kids on a bus, having managed to leave your home, your family, and everything familiar, including violence and poverty. Imagine the horrible journey they made to the border, and then imagine how they must have felt when they were confronted with this:

I'll bet those people call themselves Christians too.

Last edited by DiabloViejo; 07-06-2014 at 03:23 PM.
    If there is a dangerous forum ... that's the one. -- LWW (referring to BD NPR)

First off ... nothing will stop ass killings entirely. -- LWW (AKA Vladimir Ulyanov, AKA WV Slim, AKA MrsLWW, .....)

Excellent!

Primary residence is suburban Detroit but have a flat in London and Moscow.

Thanks for bumping up my threads, I appreciate it!

BTW, Duke still says:

http://youtu.be/DxjBfzXFKo4

If there is a dangerous forum ... that's the one. -- LWW (referring to BD NPR)

First off ... nothing will stop ass killings entirely. -- LWW (AKA Vladimir Ulyanov, AKA WV Slim, AKA MrsLWW, .....)

So, Vlad, did you ever drop in on AZBilliards and discover why Diablo and I were so positive you were from that forum.
    Other than the silly Russian accent your phrasing, philosophy, arguments, are identical to his. Now the " But, Bush" nonsense which he uses ad nauseum.
    Its uncanny, dude. But, I promised him I wouldnt accuse him of being you and I wont.
    But, sheesh, Vlad! Whats, next? Stop channeling my friend, darnit!!!
    May God bless all of you.

Sorry! Repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by hondo View Post
    So, Vlad, did you ever drop in on AZBilliards and discover why Diablo and I were so positive you were from that forum.
    Other than the silly Russian accent your phrasing, philosophy, arguments, are identical to his. Now the " But, Bush" nonsense which he uses ad nauseum.
    Its uncanny, dude. But, I promised him I wouldnt accuse him of being you and I wont.
    Are you not fluent in your native tongue? The cartoon was not mine but one from a cartoon website. If you know how to read links you can confirm this. If you do not please say so and I will help you. The but Bush is the favorite excuse of the USA president and his Stalinist flock. One does not have an accent online but those who speak in a second language do quite often form sentences in the order they would appear being in their native tongue. I assume you mean this. If you are making fun of my speaking I care not because I have taken full use of the freedom provided in this country. I am amazed at how many are fooled by the Stalinists into believing they can never rise above the level of serf here.

I have not yet visited this other dire. If this people are your friends I wonder why you speak so poorly of them?

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Ulyanov View Post
    Are you not fluent in your native tongue? The cartoon was not mine but one from a cartoon website. If you know how to read links you can confirm this. If you do not please say so and I will help you. The but Bush is the favorite excuse of the USA president and his Stalinist flock. One does not have an accent online but those who speak in a second language do quite often form sentences in the order they would appear being in their native tongue. I assume you mean this. If you are making fun of my speaking I care not because I have taken full use of the freedom provided in this country. I am amazed at how many are fooled by the Stalinists into believing they can never rise above the level of serf here.

I have not yet visited this other dire. If this people are your friends I wonder why you speak so poorly of them?
    I do not understand, Vlad. Where have i spoken poorly of my friends? I simply said your phraseology, arguements, cliches, comebacks, witty repartees, etc, are identical to a friend on AZ. Why do you feel this is speaking poorly of him? Why are you putting yourself down in such a manner? Were you beaten in your native country to where you have lost all your self esteem?
    BTW, Johnny D. is a vicious little troll and anklebiter who posts under a different username on AZ. He posts on here for 2 reasons . To praise LWW and to spread vicious lies about me. Hopefully, the new mod has him under control.
    He claims to be a Christian but he is pure evil incarnate. When I have tried to engage him in spiritual matters or assure him I pray to Christ for guidance he refuses to respond.
    This is why I was suspicious when he popped up suddenly to call you a great poster. if you are truly what you claim you are, be wary of him.
    Take care and may God bless you.

Quote Originally Posted by hondo View Post

Hey Hondo, my friend! Remember that old movie, with Sally Fields, "Sybil"?

BWA HA HA HA!