Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Secondary Hobbies - What Goes With Pool?

Secondary Hobbies - What Goes With Pool?

Taking a quick mental inventory, I realize that many of my pool-playing acquaintances are bikers or golfers. A few are/were competitive handgun shooters. I can understand golf and guns as correllative pastimes (similar skill sets), but the motorcycle connection eludes me. Now I'm wondering whether it's just a local thing because of the long riding season in Texas, or something more subtle.

What are your other activities, outside of the poolroom?

SpiderMan: Motorcycles, Snow Skiing, Photography, SCUBA, Cooking, Shooting/Reloading, Flying, Camping/Outdoors, Travel

I'm among the few that don't golf, but one teammate is a teaching pro at Heritage Ranch [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
    "If it's yellow and smells bad, it must be nine-ball. Or a diaper (or a Frenchman)."

Re: Secondary Hobbies - What Goes With Pool?

In this order:
    [*]Church[*]Pool[*]Fishing[*]Cooking[*]Consumption of dead, BBQ'ed (and smoked) animal meat[*]Cold, amber-colored beverages[*]Butterfinger candy-bars[*]Dreaming I had a Harley[*]Wishing I had a girlfriend[*]Counseling to get over the "wishing I had a girlfriend" nonsense

Regards,

Ken

[color:"red"]RackMup![/color]

Well the couple of biker clubs i use to hang in each had a 7 ft table
    and those guys did play a lot, some were quite good too.

my only other hobbie besides pool and building living engines (lol) are basketball , baseball during the summer and soon to try hopefully Fencing during this winter [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Naz~~ shouts outs to the Bridge runners and 69ers!

nAz 2012 GOP presidential candidate

Hey Spidey!

During the summer Pete and I try to get out on the Delaware River and get in a sail as often as possible, weather permitting.

Now that the boat's out of the water (and parked in our driveway) my hobbies turn indoors. Basically I like to try out new recipes and just bake for the fun of it. Pete can always be found in his work shop doing some woodworking stuff or whatever.

Barbara~~~misses sailing....

Spiderman... good question...
    Other interests besides pool:

in no particular order;

Work.. (yes I enjoy my work.. very much)

computers.. (but that's part of work)

reading (all types of subjects.. from sci-fi to how-to books)

Golf.. when I was playing 2 or 3 times a week.. I got to be a 15 handicap

Cooking.. nothing special.. but I do make a great pizza..

Bar-B-Q'ing (any kind of meat.. but I favor Pork and Chicken)

Baseball... I've been addicted since I can remember. Even after all the strikes and lockouts.. I still enjoy watching baseball.. at any level.. from teeball to the pros.

College Basketball.. UK, IU, Purdue, Ohio U and Ohio St, UCinn., Xavier and NKU (all within 100 miles..) great Basketball area. And, I still follow Memphis St.. (aka UM)

In addition to pool, I dabble in photography, but I have not gone digital yet. I also do a little woodworking when I have the time, which has been rare lately, but the tools I am collecting will be there for my retirement. [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Like a others, I cook a little and BBQ a little.
    Anything is better than work. [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Just a little bit south and east of Hamiltucky a little bit west of the Atlantic Ocean

I love to read, it's one of my favorite things ever. I love to mess around on my computer. Cooking and softball round it out.

Kato
    Signature deleted by***********Kato

Boca Raton <God's Waiting Room>, Floriduh

Golf, Guns, Harleys, Fast Cars, Pretty women, Playing Guitar and singing the Blues, Sushi, Fishing and being a good son-uncle-brother... and being a good friend
    {which can be a full time job if you know Kato at all [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]}, not in any order of course.
    "Doesnt mean that much to me to mean that much to you"...Neil Young

I ride motorcycle and pistol shoot. My other hobbies are golf, hunting, fishing and numismatics. I also enjoy bargain hunting at flea markets.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> Taking a quick mental inventory, I realize that many of my pool-playing acquaintances are bikers or golfers. A few are/were competitive handgun shooters. I can understand golf and guns as correllative pastimes (similar skill sets), but the motorcycle connection eludes me. Now I'm wondering whether it's just a local thing because of the long riding season in Texas, or something more subtle.

What are your other activities, outside of the poolroom?

SpiderMan: Motorcycles, Snow Skiing, Photography, SCUBA, Cooking, Shooting/Reloading, Flying, Camping/Outdoors, Travel

I'm among the few that don't golf, but one teammate is a teaching pro at Heritage Ranch [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] <hr /></blockquote>

I make music at my mini-home studio. I play all the instruments myself.. guitar, drums, keyboard, and the crappy vocals that I'm about to give up on. I hate hearing my voice on tape, and I can't write lyrics for crap.

I also like nice cars.. I'm into the whole "euro" big loud muffler, and racing equipment on 4-banger imports. right now I drive a '94 VW jetta III that has a few mods, but I need a new chip, a new cam, a header, and one of my lifters is bad.. so Imma replace 'em all.

I'd like to have the head shaved down, and port the intake and exaust manifold.. but that might have to wait.