Thread: Only God Knows Why I Endure Kid Rock's music

Only God Knows Why I Endure Kid Rock's music

I was tempted to put this in the main pool related section, but I think it deserves mentioning aside from its effects on my pool game.

So there's a juke box at my pool hall, and I am constantly reminded that people have more dollar bills than musical taste. So, since they've "made a couple dollar bills," it helps them pass the time by playing the most horrible music over and over and over again. Now, I don't want to single Kid Rock's meaningless drivel as the only poor choice, but it's certainly the most requested fare, as in five songs right in a row. And then 20 minutes later, again I am subjected to Bahwiddahbah.

Now, I don't hate Creed... Like, for instance, I'm not plotting their destruction every moment of my waking life, but if I by chance found a way to take away their first amendment rights to freedom of expression, I'd be clubbing their pansy rock heads in before you could say,"What's this life for?"

And the thing is, Creed's music isn't awful (certainly not on par with the aforementioned Rebel without Musical Talent). It's just mediocre. And after living in "My Own Prison" for nigh on a year, the mediocrity begins to wear.

Now honestly I'm normally the guy that says, if you don't like something, change it. Like, in this case, I would tell myself,"Take your money up there and play your own songs." Unfortunately, this is completely infeasible, because I don't have $400 a week to spend beating my fellow pool hall patrons to the artistic punch. So I'm in sort of a quandary.

So if you're reading this and you own all of Kid Rock's and Creed's albulms, please select one of their songs and then use the rest of your twenty dollar bill on some other bands. I mean, the guy ahead of you just played "Cowboy" 12 times. Surely, you have other musical tastes.

Re: Only God Knows Why I Endure Kid Rock's music

Personnally, when Im playing pool, I listen to Queens "Another one bites the dust!: ha ha ha-but I like Kid Rock too!
    Carol~just sitting here,trying to find myself..............

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr>Carol~just sitting here,trying to find myself.............. <hr /></blockquote>

Find yourself? Honey, if you look in the mirror and see the babe staring back atcha, you need not look further! [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
    I Shoot Like A Girl.
    Damn Good.
    Ah f*&%it!

Boca Raton <God's Waiting Room>, Floriduh

Turns up Kid Rocks "Cowboy" in my 500 watt rolling stereo thinkin' of Lubda...only after taking the Creed CD out of course. Wait, I think I'll crank Limp Bizkit awhile...wow, I feel some Saliva is the next CD...CLICK CLICK BOOM!!! Not a new rock fan per say...much rather crank up some Jimi or Stevie Ray but Kid Rock has his place in my CD case!!!
    "Doesnt mean that much to me to mean that much to you"...Neil Young

around here.. "cranking it up" usually means the garbage disposal is running..

Jimi and SRV would turn over in their respective graves.. knowing Kid rock was in the same CD rack.... shame on you Voodoo

V.D. Daddy,
    I would have mentioned Limp Bizkit, but they've gradually stopped playing break [censored] at the ph. LB are definitely aligned with the Kid Rock side of the Force, though not quite as Dark. Fred Durst has a good voice, but the rap/rock combo has been around for 20 years and has been done MUCH better by other bands, e.g. the Beastie Boys. Sheesh, that guitarist is freaky.

Who's saliva? What's their big 'radio song'?

Lubda...I too forgot to mention some of my favorites in the ph Juke Box. Korn's "Freak on a leash" is one of my all time favorites. Puddle of Mud's "She "F"ing hates me" another. But if I hear "Hotel California" or the Beastie Boys classic "No sleep til Brooklyn"...I'll die, I know it!!

Actually, I think Korn is a good band. Freak on a Leash is one of their best songs, and the video is great. They have a few songs that if I hear them, I think,"Okay, guys, you're not in eighth grade anymore. You don't have to be angry at EVERYTHING," but then I hear the bass chords in 'Dead Bodies Everywhere' and my body is compelled to twist and thrash around in time to the music.

That Puddle of Mudd song is a little repetitive, but it's still not awful.

I wish our jukebox had some of Rage Against the Machine's albums. Then I'd be giving others something to gripe about in discussion groups.

And you didn't tell me who Saliva is...

Saliva...ahhh young Lubda...go buy the CD, you wont be sorry [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]