Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do you hate rap and hip-hop?

Why do you hate rap and hip-hop?

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote TomBrooklyn:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Patrick:</font><hr> I am from the 9th dimension, Jesus was as well, everyone is the same there.<hr /></blockquote>Patrick, is it true that most cRap and Hip Hop music are the work of the devil? I think it is.
    =TB= <hr /></blockquote>
    I don&amp;#8217;t know why people feel the need to bash on rap and hip-hop, Music is changing, is the stuff I listen to. I like it, you don&amp;#8217;t. Don&amp;#8217;t you remember when Elvis first came out? (I don&amp;#8217;t, but anyway!) I heard he was kinda like a rebel, parents didn&amp;#8217;t want kids listening to it. That&amp;#8217;s how rap is, times are changing. Eminem is expressing himself through music, If you could listen to the words and understand what he si saying. I think you would appreciate it a lot more.

More pain inside of my brain than the eyes of a little girl
    inside of a plane, aimed at the World Trade
    Standin on Ronnie's grave, screamin at the sky
    'til clouds gather it's Clyde Mathers and Bonnie Jade
    And that's pretty much the gist of it
    The parents are pissed but the kids love it
    9 millimeter heater stashed in 2 seaters with meat cleavers
    I don't blame you, I wouldn't let Hailie listen to me neither

OR
    Now how the f$$$ did this metamorphosis happen?
    From standin on corners and porches just rappin
    to havin a fortune, no more kissin ass
    But then these critics crucify you, journalists try to burn you
    Fans turn on you, attorneys all want a turn at you
    to get they hands on every dime you have
    They want you to lose your mind every time you mad
    So they can try to make you out to look like a loose cannon
    Any dispute won't hesitate to produce handguns
    That's why these prosecutors wanna convict me
    Strictly just to get me off of these streets quickly
    But all they kids be listenin to me religiously
    So I'm signin CD's while police fingerprint me
    They're for the judge's daughter but his grudge is against me
    If I'm such a f$$$$$ menace this s### doesn't make sense B!
    It's all political, if my music is literal
    and I'm a criminal how the F### can I raise a little girl?
    I couldn't; I wouldn't be fit to

I think is you read these, you see that his words are real, and that he has meaning. It's all in how you interpret it.
    Well, I am tired, so maybe I am over reacting. Sorry if I am

Re: Why do you hate rap and hip-hop?

The reason I dislike some of it so much is because some of it makes wide use of gratuitious vulgarity and violence, promotes reverse discrimination, and demeans the meaningfulness of male-female relationships to new lows. Other than that, I don't knock it.

You might want to take this to the Non-Pool Related Forum, although it could tie here because it is usually in pool halls that I am unfortunately subjected to these obnoxious compositions.

=TB

Jordan,

This is why I don't like it. Here's my own little rap tune..and it's true, unlike most of the garbage put out by the "gangsta" wannabes like eminem.
    ================================================== =======

My nephew listened to that crap for years.
    Thought he was a badass gangstah livin' high..
    Waved around a "heater" in an old lady's face.
    Now he's looking at 2 to 5.
    ================================================== ===

Rap glorifies violence and prison and degrades women. And these stupid little white boys who have grown up in the 'burbs and never really seen the destructive effects of lawlessness think it's cool.

Any other questions?

Dang kid you got me pissed off now (not at you) [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr>

Rap glorifies violence and prison and degrades women<hr /></blockquote>
    I think it's pretty obvious that the glorification of violence, prison, and degradation of women is evident in virtually every style of music.

Much of rap music stems from the story telling of urban youths. Unfortunately, that often involves all of the above. But, I personally can't condemn the genre for it. If it wasn't rap and hip hop, that story telling would still continue in rock or alternative (as it does now). But modern rock and alternative rock, as brutal as some of it is, is simply nicer to listen to for many folks. Run/DMC and Will Smith, two pioneer acts in rap, have nothing to do with the glorification of violence, drugs, or degradation of women.

Fred &lt;~~~ knows that Mr. Tambourine man was about drugs

<font color="blue">You cannot create experience. You must undergo it.</font color>

Just a little bit south and east of Hamiltucky a little bit west of the Atlantic Ocean

Hey Jordan, here's why I hate rap music. In all honesty I simply can't relate. When I listen to it I can't believe the things I hear. I really don't like the violence, 1 on 1 killing, or gangland slayings. I really hate the way they treat women. Women in our society deserve the utmost respect.

Kato~~~rap is also not good for playing pool.
    Signature deleted by***********Kato

I don't think you are old enough to be able to take in everything he says. Do not just take out the parts that you think are him expressing himself.

If you want to really prove your point show all sides and then start your discussion. I have a little bit of the other side for you. There was a song from his first CD where he talks about killing his wife while his daughter is watching, and then takes the daughter to the "dump" site. While talking childish he pushes his dead wife into the water and talks to the baby. This is how Eminem talks about getting rid of the step daddy (and no more restraining order, which shows he was probably abusive, this is just my ASSumption). Wonderful thing to teach young impressionable minds like yours.

eg8r

OH Fred, you are usually the stickler on people saying something that is not totally true, but sure enough you did it.[ QUOTE ]
    I think it's pretty obvious that the glorification of violence, prison, and degradation of women is evident in virtually every style of music.
    <hr /></blockquote>I am sure you will kindly rebut this, but I will list 3 types to refute. 1. Christian music, 2. Classical, 3. Childrens music

I must say, there is a big problem with having to air your dirty laundry out there for the world to hear. Do you really think it helps Eminem get through his white trash life by degrading his family. The only things he seems to cherish is his daughter however he drags her name into his crappy music.

Since everyone wants to tell their story muscially, I wonder why people with medical problems are not out bragging about themselves. I can surely tell you, a person dying of cancer is going through more pain (not only physical) than Eminem has ever seen, however, they are not out broadcasting it to everyone.

It sucks when someone has to explain a joke. The joke is not nearly as successful once this happens. Same thing with people. If you have to rap to tell how bad you life is, then you are lacking somewhere else in your life.

The only rap I hear is when I am at the pool hall (I generally listen to jazz music all day, preferably with a trumpet headliner). One of the things that I notice is that the people who are choosing these rap songs are usually dressed like the white trash that is rapping. To me, this shows that they are saying what the rapper is doing is fine. So all the rapper is doing is promoting their tainted lifestyle and drawing in young minds to continue it (yep I get all that just by the way someone dresses).

eg8r &lt;~~~I do not hate rap music, just the lyrical content. If you could remove the words, sometimes the actual music is alright

Hello Tom,

I agree with you almost completely. The only part I disagree with is[ QUOTE ]
    promotes reverse discrimination<hr /></blockquote>The part that I don't understand is the reverse discrimination. I wish reverse would not be used. In mainstram America it means that the person is discriminating against a white person, when in actuality that is the wrong definition. Reverse discrimination should really be define as total inclusion of the opposite. I think the proper use would just be discrimination.

It makes me laugh when people with a darker skin than whites get to have their own scholarships and whites are not qualified based on skin color. That is discrimination at its best. ha ha

eg8r &lt;~~~getting off my high horse, and waiting to play pool with all races and music lovers

I have heard a country song by 3 girls talking about killing a cheating husband and dumping his body somewhere.... Why is that not a big problem with everyone?

That's legal here in Texas. You're talking about the Dixie Chicks song about Earl.

He had it coming...he was the wife beater, not the one getting beaten.

Regards,

Ken

[color:"red"]RackMup![/color]