Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I CAN'T BELIEVE WHAT'S HAPPENING TO ME......

I CAN'T BELIEVE WHAT'S HAPPENING TO ME......

Hello Everyone,

I swear I am the luckiest person in the entire world. Three words, Friends, Cancun, Free.........

Regards,

C.C.~~details coming soon. Lab rat and loving the possibilities. [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Finally, I catch a roll...

Re: I CAN'T BELIEVE WHAT'S HAPPENING TO ME......

SAINT DOMINIC!
    love ya,
    Carol

Just a little bit south and east of Hamiltucky a little bit west of the Atlantic Ocean

You are gonna stick out like a sore thumb!!!!!!

Kato~~~wondering where the corn is in Cancun.

hint: check Chris's suitcase
    Signature deleted by***********Kato

Ok here's the deal. My eyes are kind of messed up. My vision is 20/25 that's pretty good but my reading vision is messed up bad. This effects my game also when close up shots need shooting. I see a ghost edge on the balls. This is a bear when two balls are close.

I have been to consultaions and tested for a Lasik proceedure twice but was turned down both times. Both Dr.'s saying they wouldn't make a perfectly good eye far-sighted.

I didn't give up and one of the two Dr.'s recommended I look into SRP(Surgical Reversal of Presbyopia), a proceedure that isn't FDA approved and is only done in other countries. It's inserting 4 pieces of plastic in the whites of the eyes. This, enables the eye to draw in objects closer. Reading 3 font type is common after surgery. Also, no adjustment period, like Lasik proceedures. Proceedure costs about $2500.- $5000. and eye, I assume.

Anyway, I put myself on a waiting list to be included on a clinical trail study. Well, today I received the email from them. This is what it reads.

Dear Chris,

I would like to take a moment of your time to thank you for your interest in the surgical treatment of Presbyopia now known as SSP (Surgical Spacing Proceedure).

I have exciting news to share with you that will require your immediate response. We are looking for three eligable Presbyopic patients who would like to have SSP fee of charge. These patients will be traveling to Cancun, Mexico on Friday, December 6 returning on Monday, December 9.

The trip will include your airfare, lodging, and food and all surgical expenses. This incredible opportunity is provided though an international grant with the purpose of obtaining instruction video footage for preparation of international courses. I will be performing the surgery along with a world-renowned European surgeon.

Qualified patients must be between the ages of 45 and 60 years of age and not require glasses for distance vision. The selected patients must also be free of any major ophthalmic disease.

I am offering this opportunity to you first because of your prior expressed interest in the surgical treatment of Presbyopia through our website or through our conversation at the office. Please call our office to schedule your consultation and work up. Patients will be selected on their determined eligibility through a complimentary consultation.

Your immediate response is greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

#### , MD

Now, how lucky is that? I emailed and called today.

C.C.

Boca Raton <God's Waiting Room>, Floriduh

UH...PSYCHO...wanna clue the big guy in?
    "Doesnt mean that much to me to mean that much to you"...Neil Young

Hi Chris:
    I'd be a little concerned about getting eye surgery from unknown "doctors" in a foreign country. It might be a nice opportunity, but I'd check out qualifications, certifications, experience, references, and medical and hospital affiliations etc.

I'd also want to know more about the procedure, especially if it was considered experimental, such as how many times it's been performed, what the results have been, percentages of success, and any potential side effects or results. Then I'd want to know where the procedure would be conducted, why it's being performed in Mexico, why with foreign patients, and what my status as a foreigner in Mexico is. In other words: Caveat Emptor. Good luck. Tom

I ditto what tom B said. I would not want someone messing with my eyes unless I trusted them. Speaking from a person who saw her dad go blind, and the money they spent to keep his vision as long as they could, bad vision is better than no vision.

blu

And where have you been? I've had every pool detective searching for you and as big as you claim to be. None have seen hide nor hair of you. HAHAHHAA

Regards,

C.C.~~worried Voodoo has been watching too much TOT tape. LOL [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Hi Carol,

He's got his work cut out big time. LOL

My Best,

C.C.

Hi Tom,

I appreciate your concern. I too had this concern till I found out they're good friends of Patrick. [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Naa, just kidding. HAHAHAHA I'll see what I can dig up. I know it isn't approved by the FDA and has been in clinical studies for like 5 yrs. I believe. I seen pic's of the preceedure and results were good too. I'm surprized you haven't heard anything yet. One of the Dr.'s that also does it is from NY.

Anyway, I'll post something when I check it out again.

Thanks,

C.C.