Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peabrain. Does Size Matter?

Peabrain. Does Size Matter?

Is the size of a mammals brain proportional to it's intelligence? For instance, how big is the brain of an elephant, a rhinoceros, or a whale? How big was the brain of a huge dinosaur?

Is the size of a human brain indicative of their intelligence? What is the largest and smallest brain a person could have.

Has anyone ever had a brain the size of a pea? If so, what fills up the rest of the space in their head?

-Slim

Re: Peabrain. Does Size Matter?

[ QUOTE ]
    Has anyone ever had a brain the size of a pea? If so, what fills up the rest of the space in their head?
    <hr /></blockquote>

Ham...big chunks of smoked ham. Sometimes...butterbeans with ham but mostly, just big old chunks of honey-glazed smoked Kentucky ham.

Regards,

Ken (ham)

[color:"red"]RackMup![/color]

Just a little bit south and east of Hamiltucky a little bit west of the Atlantic Ocean

Ken, everytime I see that

thingy around your signature I think of Knight Rider and that stupid theme song runs through my head.

Kato~~~~Micheal Knight did have some babes workin' for him in that truck though didn't he. [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
    Signature deleted by***********Kato

Re: Ken, everytime I see that

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> thingy around your signature I think of Knight Rider and that stupid theme song runs through my head. <hr /></blockquote>

Oh great. Now I've got that theme song in my head everytime I see it too. [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Wendy~~remembers K.I.T.T.
    I Shoot Like A Girl.
    Damn Good.
    Ah f*&%it!

if brains are anything like computer chips, they might get smaller too.

one point. a skull of a wolf is 20% larger than the skull of any dog. i have lived with a wolf before and no matter how smart i think malamutes, german shephers etc are, i have never seen a dog that was nearly as smart as a wolf.

living with a wolf is certainly a experience.

blu

Hey there,
    Newborns brains are less than 1 lb.- by 6 years old,its 3 lbs.-the brain is 2% of total body weight-it requires 20% usage of oxygen from the entire body-should an injury occur and breathing stop, you have 3-5 minutes to bring that person back(via CPR-defribrillation,whatever) -Thank God for working for NYC-EMS-thats about all I know of the brain-but for some humor,
    "Its not the size of the ocean,its the motion of the ocean"
    "Its not how deep you plow,its how long you stay in the field"
    Carol~pitbulls are very smart,also,1750lbs. jaw pressure per square inch!Whew! Tuff-stuff!Heads the size of crocodiles-must have big brains!

According to my background,it is not the size of the brain thaz matters,it is the convolutions in the brain.

I was in ems too for 5 years. Brain dead in 4-6 minutes unless the person has been frozen, or something.

In terms of dogs, poodles are small yet they are ranked in the top three in intelligence.

But I am not so sure anybody really knows what that is, since there are some many types.

And whoever would call anybody a peabrain is stupid and inaccurate in terms of human anatomy. Don't know anything that has brains that size except for an insect or something

blu

According to my background,it is not the size of the brain thaz matters,it is the convolutions in the brain.

I was in ems too for 5 years. Brain dead in 4-6 minutes unless the person has been frozen, or something.

In terms of dogs, poodles are small yet they are ranked in the top three in intelligence.

But I am not so sure anybody really knows what that is, since there are some many types.

And whoever would call anybody a peabrain is stupid and inaccurate in terms of human anatomy. Don't know anything that has brains that size except for an insect or something

blu

If you put my brain on a razor blade it would look like a bb rolling down a four-lane highway.

I thought Knight Rider was a cool show.

Aren't wolves dangerous and unpredictable?

It's not the size of the <font color="blue">ship</font color> , it's the motion of the ocean.

I like peas, ever since I saw that cartoon charachter line em up on a butter knife and roll 'em down his gullet. [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> "Its not the size of the ocean,its the motion of the ocean"
    "Its not how deep you plow,its how long you stay in the field"
    <hr /></blockquote>

Whew! I think I need a cigarette! [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
    I Shoot Like A Girl.
    Damn Good.
    Ah f*&%it!