Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CCB Admin

CCB Admin

For over a day this site has been at a slow crawl. I doubt I can be the only person having this problem. I'm on cable and have no problems with other forums or sites. At present it loads way slower than a 56k connection. Just curious if your having a problem as this happens quite often? I enjoy your site and your recent changes but the speed keeps me from reading, posting or staying here.
    Thanks for any comments or help.
    Rod

BTW I have threads collasped and only active for two days. It might be better to have the default on your end set for two days.

Another BTW, running Ping and Tracert my request timed out.
    Tracert over 30 hops gets very slow at your end and the hop just before. 216.142.61.15

Another BTW, after fooling around with this and clicking to preview this post speed is near normal. [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] First time since night before last. LOL [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
    <span style="color: blue">be smooth; better control and power with less effort.</span>

Re: CCB Admin

I have had the same experience. I thought it was our crappy phone lines or something. Thanks for bringing this up, Rod.

blu

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> For over a day this site has been at a slow crawl. [...] <hr /></blockquote> Here too. All other sites OK. It happens often and when it happens it is usually (always?) over the weekend. Everything is fine again come Monday.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> For over a day this site has been at a slow crawl. [...] <hr /></blockquote> Maybe they slow it down on purpose to dissuade weekend posting. Don't want no crudity or rudeness sneakin' in, ya know. :-)

humm, I'll keep that in mind.
    <span style="color: blue">be smooth; better control and power with less effort.</span>

It appears that there may have been a file in the archive that was causing the server to run slow. The problem should be solved now.

Just a little bit south and east of Hamiltucky a little bit west of the Atlantic Ocean

I have cable at work and DSL at home and have no problems.

Kato
    Signature deleted by***********Kato

The board was not slow for you this past weekend. I tried to avoid the site as much as possible until Monday, it was running sooooo slooooowwwwww.

eg8r

Just a little bit south and east of Hamiltucky a little bit west of the Atlantic Ocean

The only times I had any problems with the site were when I had 30 or so files downloading at 1 time. I'm sure sucking up all that bandwith had alot to do with it. Once I severed the connect on Kazaa the speed of the site became a non-factor as I was zip-zipping through.

Kato
    Signature deleted by***********Kato

I don't know about others but I can't view much of anything with my dial up it is so slow. Other web sites seem fine so I don't think it is my computer. For me, right now the site is unusable.