Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Cass VS. Cancer....

Chris Cass VS. Cancer....

Hello My Friends,

I wasn't going to post this because I tend to keep everything inside. I let a few dear friends know what's going on. Some have told other friends that, I just didn't want to burden with this kind of thing. They didn't do wrong but had to vent, this unpleasent news. It turns out I have more friends here than anywhere else. Sounds lame? Well, I don't think so.

I had been having problems for the last 3 mths. Not being able to eat and hold down my food. I thought Gee, what a good way to lose some pounds? Well, Heide told me to go to the Dr. so, I did. After they shoved a hose down my throat, found a tumor, took a biopsy they found out it was malignant. So, Esophageal Cancer was the term used.

I had an Ultrasound test(another tube shoved down my throat. That particular Dr. gave me hope), today the Xrays and CT Scan(bummer, had to drink 15 oz's of nasty Barrium, not to mention 3 trys for the IV in one arm and finally went in the other). Tomorrow is the P.E.T. test (positron emission tomography scan, a nuclear sugar test). Chemo and Radiation is something I regret, but will have to deal with.

Anyway, I was feeling kind of bad for not telling the rest of my close friends, not wanting to burden them with this knowledge. A rock and a hard space, till today. Today, at the ph I told who, I thought was a friend and he turns to another with a loud voice and says, "Hey Tommy, Chris is dead, he's got cancer". I was floored and felt humiliated as others looked. Some don't talk to me and others whisper and point.

I don't know yet if the cancer has invaded anywhere else in my body till, I see the oncologist, after he reads the test results. I did freak out at first and was like silly putty for 3 days in which my dear friends Voodoo, Kato, and Tom from Cinci held my sanity togather. Fran and Carol gave me their support and offered anything. Along with Scott Lee, Rod and Ken(thanks for the book, cross and the support). I didn't tell anyone else and couldn't get in touch with RIP as I eraced his # accidentally from memory.

First, I want you all to know I'm a proud man. I don't want or need pity. I know there's a lot of people who care for me here. Also, I would like to apologize for not saying anything.

I'm a pool player. Nothing more and nothing less. I don't give up in a match and refuse to accept a loss till I get beat. Cancer as far as I'm concerned, gets the 7 ball. I'm not going to give in and shed one more tear for Heide and Christ(my son). I am going to beat this, if it takes everything in my arsenal. If it does take my life then so be it. I wanted all of you to know I never met the most wonderful bunch of people in my life. God bless all of you. You people are the greatest most kind I've ever met. Thank you all for being my friends.

Your Friend,

Chris Cass~~ [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Re: Chris Cass VS. Cancer....

Brother Chris,

You are not in this battle alone. You know who you have the support of. You know who your friends are and what they can and will so willingly do to help you through this.

Read the book when you feel so inclined. Have your wife read it as well. Seek the answers in it, pray for them and know that God is there for you.

I am too my Brother. Stay strong, stay positive and ask for what you need. You know already that you are in my prayers. If we can get the whole bunch of CCB'ers to add you to theirs, well...forget giving this opponent the seven...

...You'll be able to give it the breaks and the five out.

In prayer for my friend Chris, Heide and Christ,

Ken

[color:"red"]RackMup![/color]

Chris,

I know we don't know each other but I always enjoy reading your posts (and Heide's). You both seem like such nice people. I don't even know how to say how sorry I am to hear about your cancer. I am sorry that the people in your pool room were not supportive. I have been there and it was our friends in the pool room that got us through it. I will pray for you and Heide and Christ, that you are strengthened by this experience, that your love for each other grows stronger, and mostly, that you recover completely and quickly.

Vicki

CC, my mother beat uterus cancer yrs ago (thank the Lord).
    You will too.

Boca Raton <God's Waiting Room>, Floriduh

Chris Cass gives Cancer the 5-out!!

Chris...you know when you touched the hearts of people when someone you dont even know calls me at 3AM to tell me she read you are havin' a setback, it obviously shook her. This good soul{Vicki [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]}along with countless others are right with ya bro. I'm askin' all my people to put the good energy's to prayer for this man. We will beat this Chris...I do mean we!!
    "Doesnt mean that much to me to mean that much to you"...Neil Young

Well, as strong as I thought I was, I have to say, after reading this, Im literally crying-your gonna beat it-Ive been there and I beat it and so will you! There is a God and your here for a reason and I love you very much!
    Carol

Re: Chris Cass gives Cancer the 5-out!!

Chris,

I am sorry that you are having to deal with this. All the tests and waiting for the results is nerve wracking.

I have been friends with people (including My mother) who had cancer. Most people deal well with the treatments and it sounds like you have caught it early so feel that you will too.

I will keep you on my prayer list that you get answers soon and that the treatments work well for you. You have always been real nice to me and i look up to your pool playing ability. I just know you can beat this. You have so many people in your corner.

blu

Chris, I mean no offense, but your "friends" at the PH are idiots. This is the 21th century and modern medicine can do many things that it could not do, just a couple of years ago. Find the best doctors in your area and have faith. I know you can kick this thing right in the A$$.
    Take care. We are all behind you on this.

Just a little bit south and east of Hamiltucky a little bit west of the Atlantic Ocean

Sorry Chris, you're wrong. You're much more than a pool player. Just ask your Heide, Christ, and your friends. I'm with ya, 100%.

Kato
    Signature deleted by***********Kato

We've never met, but I know a class act when I see one. It's obvious from your words and the number of friends you have that you're one of the good guys.
    The important thing is to not let it get you down. It sounds like you've caught it pretty early so keep up the good attitude. Remember, it CAN be beat!
    Good luck!
    Chris