Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Update on CCB tournaments in Louisville next month

formerly Bozeman, MT; now living in Battle Creek, MI

Update on CCB tournaments in Louisville next month

By now, with the DCC only a month away, most of you who are planning to go, should have made your plans by now. Several CCBrs have emailed or called me, asking about being "my partner" in the CCB tournament, after Tom posted about running a doubles event. Not that having me, or Tom, Chris Cass, or any other "better" player as your partner would give you an advantage...but to be completely fair, we have decided to make the 9-ball tournament blind draw scotch doubles. This gives everyone a fair chance to win, and nobody knows who will play with who until just before the tournament starts. As of now, we are limiting the 9-ball to 32, and the one-pocket to 16. 9-Ball will be double elimination (race length to be determined by the TD),
    and one pocket will be single elimination, unless we only get 8 players. Entry fees are $30 per person, per event...
    with $5 going to greens fees. Greg Sullivan has generously agreed to add a little extra $$$ to the pot, and I am soliciting additional sponsors.

What we would like to see from all of you is a show of hands on who plans to play! Tom had asked for emails, and has received none. A few posters mentioned that they plan to play. Please post here now, on this thread, so that we can go ahead with the planning, with a serious idea of who is or isn't going to play. The 9-ball event will Friday night (1/10), and the one pocket will be Saturday morning (1/11).

Scott Lee

Re: Update on CCB tournaments in Louisville next month

I want to play in both..

Scott; Count me in on the 9-ball. Look forward to putting some faces with the many monikers.

Scott, fill me in a little. I haven't been following this thread & don't know what this is all about. THANKS...JER

scott,

gosh, i wish i could come but that is the wrong weekend for me.it is a 8+ hr drive for me.

i would be no competition in 9 ball. i played once. i only won because i safetied the person until i had a run on the 6-9. when i play myself, it is 3-5 innings, so guess i would be 2 there too. i have to say, though, my nine ball break is okay, sometimes i even get something in?

well, scott, if you hear of any players who are 4's or less, i might just take a personal leave and come anyway...<G> unless you promise to give me a tournament tshirt for being the worst player <G>

Laura
    "The pen is mightier than the sword."

Seriously Tom, let me know what kind of players are coming.

I can usually manage a legal hit on a difficult shot, play safe, get position on the next ball if it is easy position, easy combos but not hard ones, forget banks, my masses (the cb goes out to go around ob but doesnt turn back in so obviously am doing it wrong), cant jump, when i am not nervous and am focus, am usually 70-80% on med cut shots but much worse on hard ones like 80-90degrees like one out of ten at best.

well thats about it plus total lack of experience with 9 ball cept for playing myself.

Laura
    "The pen is mightier than the sword."

Just a little bit south and east of Hamiltucky a little bit west of the Atlantic Ocean

I'll play in the 9-ball event Scott.

Laura, it doesn't matter how good you are. What matters is you step up and play.

Kato
    Signature deleted by***********Kato

My plans for Louisville are to be there for the Bank and one pocket tourny's. If I can squeeze away from work, I'll be there for the 9 Ball also. As for the CCB tourny, I hope to make it, but that decision will have to come later. I guess you can classify me as a definite maybe. [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Boca Raton <God's Waiting Room>, Floriduh

Wish I could go...but a man has his priorities... Good luck to all. I wanna pre-select my calcutta bid for Chris Cass and any partner he may have...except for Kato &lt;them two will be throwing stuff at each other all damn day&gt; HAHAHAHA!!
    "Doesnt mean that much to me to mean that much to you"...Neil Young

Just a little bit south and east of Hamiltucky a little bit west of the Atlantic Ocean

Steve, you're not going now? Jeez Louise.

Kato
    Signature deleted by***********Kato