Thread: burning desire-pool related

burning desire-pool related

I woke at 1 AM and could not go back to sleep. my mind was racing with thoughts of pool and specific shots. of course my dreams are WAY more grandiose than my reality. i was very sick high temp for 4 days, so guess i was in pool 'withdrawal'. i shot pretty good for being off for 4 days. really thinking about every shot before i take it and where i want to cb to end up etc. not perfect by a long stretch on this but seeing consistent improvement. of course as a beginner, all improvements are like christmas presents to me.

i am getting better at three rail kick shots for legal hits and safeties. not 100%, 50 on a good day. I am finding that I am pretty good calculating the angles using some kind of modification of the diamond system (which I have never been taught). now if i could hit the daggone ball where i think i am aiming, might even get a little better here. to be clear, i cannot pocket a ball at all with this method, only safes. i can only pocket balls on one rail kicks and once or twice have done on two rail-but only when my coach told me where to hit it..so dont guee that count...oh welll...to the question i was going to ask...

do any of you get up in the middle of the night to play pool?

Laura
    "The pen is mightier than the sword."

Re: burning desire-pool related

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote silverbullet:</font><hr> do any of you get up in the middle of the night to play pool? <hr /></blockquote> No, it's always to take a leak.

Re: burning desire-pool related

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Alfie:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote silverbullet:</font><hr> do any of you get up in the middle of the night to play pool? <hr /></blockquote> No, it's always to take a leak. <hr /></blockquote>

well i had done nothing but sleep for four days. dont know why i had that dang high temp,but maybe all of that sleep was part of the reason i got up. otoh, i usuallly wake up after 4 hours sleep with my mind racing about pool but can usually get back to sleep.

yesterday i did something in pool but dangit cant remember what it was. ww asked me who showed me how to do it to which i responded 'i made it up'. all the aiming systems in the world did not make sense to my strange brain so i had to make up my own. when i explained it to him, he said 'oh you are using the ghost ball theory' i said no not really, i dont see ghosts.

someone said i talk about myself and my game, but at my level of play, considering everybody here is higher, what can i say? i cant tell an advanced player how to play 3 rail position or whatever. i got in trouble for that before.all i can say is what i am doing in my game today and ask questions.

still someone complains. i guess'you can please some of the people some of the time but you cant please all of the people all of the time'

Laura
    "The pen is mightier than the sword."