Thread: Laminated Water Buffalo Tips by Adam

Laminated Water Buffalo Tips by Adam

I picked up some samples of these tips from Mike Erwin in Mississippi. They appear similar to one of the Tiger tips, only made of water buffalo. Also lighter in color, even after burnishing. Just put it on yesterday, so tonight I'll check out the performance.

Anybody use these, have comments? Here's a picture of one on my play cue (click to enlarge):

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/funkychat...pg&.src=ph

SpiderMan
    "If it's yellow and smells bad, it must be nine-ball. Or a diaper (or a Frenchman)."

Re: Laminated Water Buffalo Tips by Adam

Are you using it on a break cue or your playing cue?
    i figure playing cue since its Layered.

By the way thats a scarey Pic of you !! [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

nAz 2012 GOP presidential candidate

Naz,

It's my play cue. I put the tip on yesterday, but never
    made it out to the pool hall. So, I'm getting ready to
    leave work and use it for the first time in league tonight.

All pix of me are pretty scary, I'm an ugly bastard!

SpiderMan
    "If it's yellow and smells bad, it must be nine-ball. Or a diaper (or a Frenchman)."

Saw the playing cue, Oh Tall One. But while browsing i caught a glimpse of what you call an "antique" gas stove, and I have to disagree. That's waaaaay too modern compared to my antique. There are two ovens on yours. I only have one.

Try again in another 20 years and mine will still be older than that one.

Barbara~~~wishes she had a website to post a photo to prove it, too...

...oh, but that would mean I'd have to have a digital camera, too. Maybe in the next 5 years...

OK, I played with the tip for a few hours last night and I'm fairly pleased with it. It's about as hard as a Moori H (fairly good "ping" on the hit), but it does take chalk almost as well as my former triangle.

I'll play league again with it tonight, then take an "after" picture following two long nights of use and no re-shaping.

SpiderMan

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> I picked up some samples of these tips from Mike Erwin in Mississippi. They appear similar to one of the Tiger tips, only made of water buffalo. Also lighter in color, even after burnishing. Just put it on yesterday, so tonight I'll check out the performance.

Anybody use these, have comments? Here's a picture of one on my play cue (click to enlarge):

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/funkychat...pg&amp;.src=ph

SpiderMan <hr /></blockquote>

Two Nights Later ...

OK, after two nights of pretty hard usage, here's the same tip:

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/funkychat...ew=t&amp;.done

I don't notice any mushrooming, and the tip needs no touch-up on the crown. Notice also that it takes chalk like a piece of sandpaper. I think I may start recommending these to someone who wants a layered tip with the approximate feel of a Moori H.

SpiderMan

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> I picked up some samples of these tips from Mike Erwin in Mississippi. They appear similar to one of the Tiger tips, only made of water buffalo. Also lighter in color, even after burnishing. Just put it on yesterday, so tonight I'll check out the performance.

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/funkychat...pg&amp;.src=ph

SpiderMan <hr /></blockquote>