Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bungee Jump Cue Poll, Worth the $80?

Bungee Jump Cue Poll, Worth the $80?

[pollstart]
    [polltitle=So, is the Bungee Jump cue everything it's made out to be?]
    [polloption=Fantastic, best $80 I ever spent!]
    [polloption=Ehh..It's Alright. Not what I expected though.]
    [polloption=Makes Great Firewood, and that's about it.]
    [pollstop]

Re: Bungee Jump Cue Poll, Worth the $80?

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote FAQ at CCB forum:</font><hr>Putting a poll in your post is simple, but remember: Posts with polls in them cannot be edited but they may be deleted.
    Only admins and moderators may use this feature.
    To add a poll to your post, use this format:<hr /></blockquote>

We, as users of the forum, can no longer insert polls into our posts.

FYI.

Regards,

Ken

[color:"red"]RackMup![/color]

Hi Left Eye,

I don't think it's a bad buy. You do have to practice with it. If you get really good with it you'll find it's priceless. I've had a Bunjee and 2 Air Time cues. I like them both but prefer the Air Time. I was down 6-1 in a race to 7 for $200. one night. I had no choice but to jump. I made this shot and ran the set out. I pocketed this ball in the side pocket and never looked back. Do I think it was worth it? Yes, plus I ended up $600. winner to boot.

START(
    %A[3\7%BB4\2%CB7\4%D[5\6%E]3F7%FI5X3%G_0F7%Hc6T8%Io8H6%Pr3H4
    %U[9C8%V\9F0%eB5a8%__0G5%`n1F9%aq2H2
    )END

Still remembers kissing that cue before tucking it away.

Regards,

C.C.~~ have to get used to it and it will serve you well. I think of the jump cue as stealing.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote rackmup:</font><hr>We, as users of the forum, can no longer insert polls into our posts.<hr /></blockquote>Well, talk about putting a cramp on your style. Oh well.

Jeez Chris, I doubt if I could make that ball if the 9 wasn't there! Can't see you know, LOL

~~ rods not going to let CC use hoppy if we play [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    <span style="color: blue">be smooth; better control and power with less effort.</span>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> Hi Left Eye,

I don't think it's a bad buy. You do have to practice with it. If you get really good with it you'll find it's priceless. I've had a Bunjee and 2 Air Time cues. I like them both but prefer the Air Time. I was down 6-1 in a race to 7 for $200. one night. I had no choice but to jump. I made this shot and ran the set out. I pocketed this ball in the side pocket and never looked back. Do I think it was worth it? Yes, plus I ended up $600. winner to boot.

START(
    %A[3\7%BB4\2%CB7\4%D[5\6%E]3F7%FI5X3%G_0F7%Hc6T8%Io8H6%Pr3H4
    %U[9C8%V\9F0%eB5a8%__0G5%`n1F9%aq2H2
    )END

Still remembers kissing that cue before tucking it away.

Regards,

C.C.~~ have to get used to it and it will serve you well. I think of the jump cue as stealing.

<hr /></blockquote>

i use a bunjee and it's great for those little hops like where the other guy is just sure he locked you in but he left an inch or two between the c.b. and the occluding ball. it'll make him gun shy about those kind of safes and mess his head. i hear all that macho stuff (stricklandish) about only jumping with a full cue but the big cue ain't the right tool for those little, close, hops.

dan

Chris,
    Great shot! And left-eye,YES-having the ablity to jump will increase your game-I use a bungee-it took me a while ,but as Chris said, with practice its a great tool when there is just NO POSSIBILITY to kick it! Chris is my jumping mentor and mantra-he helped me immensely by answering my questions, suggestions on reading certain websites and all that great stuff, so,if you need assistance, I'd aim you toward Chris!
    Good luck with jumping and if you have children, let them wear the bike helmets!ha ha ha
    Carol

2 years ago I bought a Bunjee for 110$Can. The following week playing a guy a race to 8 of 8-ball for 150$, we were hill-hill and I got hooked on the very last ball I had to make before the final 8. The other guy only had to make the 8 to win. Cue ball 2 inches behind the 8 ball, I used my bunjee to jump over it to make my last ball in the corner and leave the cue ball there to make the 8 in the other corner. Was I ever glad I had that Bunjee! Paid itself off just in one shot. Next week my opponent got himself one too. I think those who say it is not worth to have a jump cue are missing a powerful last resort weapon in their case, and one day or another you will whish you had one. Leave it in your case though, don't let your opponent know you have one. When he hooks you well ( he thinks! ), let him celebrate a bit in his mind while you look at the table, then take slow walk to you case ( he will be wondering what you will come up with, or he will start thinking "[censored], he's got a jump cue! ". And then make the shot. That will throw his game off for a while.
    I personnaly don't really favor jump shots, but the thing is if it is allowed, and your opponent has one, then he has an edge on you if you don't have one, and the opposite goes as well if you have one and he does not. If you have the choice between buying a jump cue or a break cue, go for the jump cue first. Don't buy a break-jump ( like Falcon ) cue. When you use it for jumping, it is still too heavy and will not jump as well as a Bunjee or similar cues that use the same idea.

I heard the stealth is good but it cost 80$ too

Laura
    "The pen is mightier than the sword."

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nineballwizard:</font><hr> Don't buy a break-jump ( like Falcon ) cue. When you use it for jumping, it is still too heavy and will not jump as well as a Bunjee or similar cues that use the same idea. <hr /></blockquote>
    Although I do not jump much and I am not very good at it, I have to disagree with your last statement. I have a Sledgehammer break/jump cue and it jumps fine. Before buying it, I never jumped a ball. It took me all of three attempts to start jumping full balls, with little or no problem, except for my accuracy. Of course it is not perfect. I am not happy breaking with it. Because of the phenolic ferrule/tip combination, it is easy to miscue if you do not stay very near center ball. I will be trying a new break/jump shortly. [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]