Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where's the Action in Scottsdale, AZ

Where's the Action in Scottsdale, AZ

Next week, I'll be going on a business trip to Scottsdale, AZ. Can anyone give me info on the best rooms in the area to play? I'm hoping to maybe play in a weekly tournament. I'll be there on Wednesday and Thursday nights.

Thanks for input.

Re: Where's the Action in Scottsdale, AZ

Most of the players hang out in Kolby's or The Rack - both in Tempe (about a mile or so apart).

I second the motion. Kolby's in Tempe. Great tables, great women (near Arizona State University) and good food.

Tell Tracy (the house TD) 'Triple K' says hello!

Their tourneys are held on Saturday afternoons (7 & under), Sunday afternoons (8 & under) and Monday nights (Open). I don't know if that has changed but you can call them @ 1-480-829-7344. Look for stiff competition on Monday nights from the likes of Scott Frost, Glenn Bond, Ira and the rest of the boys.

Regards,

Ken

[color:"red"]RackMup![/color]

Hi Rackmup,
    Can u please give the directions to Kolby`s from 1-10.once in the past I went to a room in Tempe and I do not remember the name of the pool room and how I went there. Thanks
    vagabond

The only weekly tournament you will be able to play in will be Wednesday at Clicks on 40th street and Thomas. They will get about 20-25 players. You will have to play as an unrated player.
    The skill level will vary from not so good....to don't miss or they will run out....The tables play very loose. entry is $13.00 plus $7.00 side pot...

There will more than likely be a few people that will match up with you after the tournament...

I don't know what your skill level is, but Don Rose goes in there on Wednesday nights and gives free tips...All you have to do is ask him a question and he will help you out....Also...Rod (from this board)shows up from time to time on Wednesday nights.

If you are just looking for action....The Rack and Kolbys are your best bet....or worst bet...depending on how good you are.... [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Just go east on University Dr. through Tempe. Pass Rural Road and start watching for it on your right.

It's next to Sonny's Pizza and across from a small hotel.

Regards,

Ken (doesn't know the address or how to give directions to Kolby's...never had to...my truck was on auto-pilot when going to play there)

[color:"red"]RackMup![/color]

Which way are you headed on I-10? As rackmup said, you can just get off at University and head East. When you get to Rural, go up about 1/2 mile and it will be on the right hand side, sharing a parking lot with a hotel (used to be Microtel, but I think the name changed) and Sonny's Pizza. Another way to get there, which has less surface street driving, is to take I-10 to the 60 East. Exit on Rural and head North to University. Make a right (East) on University, and then it will be about a half mile ahead on the right (from here it is the same as the above directions now that you are headed East on University).

Re: Thanks Rackmup and Jimmy Mendoza

Thanks for the directions.
    vagabond

Thanks for the info.

Can you tell me how far is Tempe from Scottsdale?

Thanks for the info. I get into Scottsdale Wednesday afternoon, hopefully I'll be able to make to the tournament. This is exactly what I'm looking for.

Maybe I'll see you there.