Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cass 6 / Cancer 3.....

Cass 6 / Cancer 3.....

Hello My wonderful friends,

Yes, I have no spred of Cancer and a great chance of beating this dog... It's a race to 7 and I'm winning 6-3. I broke and made 6 balls but right now I'm hooked. I need the jump cue for this one. Luckily, it's still my shot.

I have to go through the Chemo, Radiation and Operation. Discovered it's a bad Cancer although, I've never heard of a good one. Anyway, it's meatball surgery and I will look and feel like the guy they call tooth pick. I won't be making the Derby and that really hurts. I will lose my game for awhile, about 6 mths. but, I will live. Those that relate to odds better. 50/50 chance it'll show up somewhere else down the road. That might not seem good but it's good enough for me.

To all of you. I would have posted this news Monday but was busy celebrating Kato's birthday. LOL Actually, I was really mentally messed up. One of my sweetest and dearest friends pm'd me today. My friend mentioned that she was not in my inner-circle and felt badly but was worried and wanted to know what had happened, respectfully.

Well, everyone is in my inner-circle. I'm not like that at all. I love you all. Even those who've not replied to the post are still my friends. This kind of stuff isn't easy to digest for some, myself included. Life is too short to not care about others.

When, my father died. I never went to the grave, still today I haven't gone. I hated my father. Not because he was a bad man. I hated him for leaving me. I know it wasn't his choice but the mind functions the way it does for protection. I so didn't want to leave my son or Heide.

I still have a long way to go. It won't be easy and I'll give up my passion for awhile. I will, post less as time goes by as the Chemo and Radiation takes it's course. I will do what it takes to rid this Cancer from my body.

I don't think my game will suffer much. As I will watch tapes, read about pool, run racks in my mind and practice my stroke. I'll be getting lite up about 25 times and have to fade the Chemo. I'm tough as my friend Wally mentioned. LOL But, I will admit, I'm scarred. I do have an advantage being a pool player though. With all of you there with me, I can beat this and the 4-6 mths will be a cake walk.

I want to tell all of you that I can't thank you all enough for your support. I think this has gave me strength beyond belief. I'm going to win. I will go to Vegas next yr. and play the masters event. I will not leave the CCB. I especially want you to know, I love you and thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

God bless all of you,

Chris~~owes Susan 1/2 beer and the Riv owes the rest....lol

Re: Cass 6 / Cancer 3.....

That's great news... so far. I know that you'll pull this shot out or at least leave a nice safe.

If my schedule allows, I'll see you at Vegas, the Master's, or both.

Thinking about you always,

wes

Just keep strokin'. [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Thanks for the update Chris. I was really starting to wonder and had thought of PMing you. I know that if you play this one with the same tenacity as your pool game, you'll come out a winner. (positive mental attitude + hard work) You and your family are in my prayers.

Hey, maybe Patrick has an extra copy of virtual pool he can send you. It's not quite like the real thing, but it's fun anyway. [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

God Bless You & Yours, Jim

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr>
    Yes, I have no spread of Cancer ...
    <hr /></blockquote>

Great news man.

Be strong. I will spill half a beer before my match tonight in your honor [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Just a little bit south and east of Hamiltucky a little bit west of the Atlantic Ocean

You're right here my friend. Heide and Christ also. Right next to my heart. I'll talk to ya soon buddy.

Kato
    Signature deleted by***********Kato

I have complete confidence that you'll sink the game ball and be heading home with the money!
    Chris

Chris,
    My prayers are with you. Keep up the fight. Pool keeps you positive and happy, so play as much as you can. Cass 7 / Cancer 3. Next!

Angelo

That's good to hear Chris. I've been waiting for your reply and was getting a little worried since it took so long. Well you have a bumpy road in front of you for a few miles but it will smooth. I wish you Heide and Christ the best as always. Stay tough, keep fighting, mind your doctor, and take all the time you need on that jump shot!
    <span style="color: blue">be smooth; better control and power with less effort.</span>

Putting it all into perspective: (long)

Have you been there? Have you been called to stand at the thin line that separates the living from the dead? Have you lain awake at night listening to machines pumping air in and out of your lungs? Have you watched sickness corrode and atrophy the body of a friend? Have you lingered behind at the cemetery long after the others have left, gazing in disbelief at the metal casket that contains the body that contained the soul of the one you can't believe is gone?

If so, then this canyon is not unfamiliar to you. You've heard the lonesome whistle of the winds. You've heard the painful questions. Why? What for? ricochet off the canyon walls. And you've kicked loose rocks off the edge and listened for the sound of their crashing, which never comes...

Standing on the edge of the canyon draws all of life into perspective. What matters and what doesn't matter are easily distinguished. Above the canyon wall no one is concerned about salaries or positions. No one asks about the car you drive or what part of town you live in. As aging humans stand beside this ageless chasm, all the games and disguises of life seem sadly silly...

(an excerpt from Life Lessons with Max Lucado.)

I am profoundly happy that you are in a position to beat this nasty opponent. I believe that all of the well wishes, the prayers and the hopes of all of those people whose lives you have touched were heard and answered.

After you have beaten this and regained your strength, visit a hospital cancer ward and share your story of hope and your eventual victory with others who might be in the same position of doubt and confusion that you were in during the beginning stages of your illness.

Spread the word of hope, faith, prayer, love of friends and the strong right hand of God. It has touched your life. Take time to touch others.

Regards,

Ken

[color:"red"]RackMup![/color]