Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Oh, the weather outside is frightful...

Oh, the weather outside is frightful...

Mother Nature 10, humans 0.

Oh, my aching back. We got dumped with 10 inches today. Luckily Pete had to go in real early today and called me and told me to bag it cause he was sliding in his 4x4 GMC truck. Lord knows my car is too pretty to be out and vunerable to accidents. So I figured I'd help him out and shovel. And shovel. And shovel.

I shoveled the g-d front walk, sidewalk, and the WHOLE drive way TWICE! By the time I got back to the back deck, another 2 inches had fallen, so I cleared that off yet again and went inside. Pete was coming hobme from work and it was letting up so I decided to go out and help him some before he got home.

Another 3 inches had fallen. Oh, my aching back!!

Now the real gripe I have is that we knew this snow was coming, the municipalities and townships knew this snow was coming, so where are the g-d snow plows?? I swear, 10 inches is nothing to some areas. Why is it such a BIG DEAL in the Philly area? I just don't understand.

But the good news is, one of our neighbors bought a snow blower today and offered to let us use it. As soon as Pete can put it together for him!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Kato, if my back is still too sore, our match might have to be postponed.

Barbara~~~jacuzzi, anyone?? [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Re: Oh, the weather outside is frightful...

Hey Barbara, i only got 4in. here.
    thank god the snow wasnt packed, it was pretty fluffy and my back hurts only a little from shoveling. [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
    damn Snow cancelled the local tourny tonight, i was so looking forward to playing tonight too!

nAz 2012 GOP presidential candidate

Man I really feel for you, that snow shoveling doesn't sound like its too much fun. Now, here in Dallas I had a really difficult time driving home from work. I leave work and drive to the West, right into the setting sun and realize I don't have my <font color="red"> </font color> sunglasses with me. Bright sunlight can be sooo brutal. Sorry for your snowfall but us Texans have it rough too. LOL

OPC

Okay, OPC, edu-ma-cate me. What's the weather like in Dallas? Ever get any snow? Cold spells? Do your women wear fur in 60 degree weather or what?

Barbara~~~too sore to reach around for the World Atlas that would give her a hernia on top of the sore back... [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

nAz, just wait for the slush to freeze tonight. And I think that the worst was south of you - or until Fred Agnir lets us know how bad it was up in MA.

Barbara~~~but the fire's sooooooo delightful.... [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

I think snow is delightful and like to get the excercise shoveling it. We have about 6" now here. I bought cross country snow skis a few years ago and waited for years for it to snow which it didn't so I got rid of them. Now I finall could have used them, but it took three years.

Hey Tom!

I've seen cross country skiers in Philly when I went to school there. Nothing wrong with that but the stoopid car drivers trying to hit them because they don't have the smarts to avoid them!!

Be careful and I hope NYC has bike lanes that you can use!! [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Barbara~~~is now using a creme on her back. Apparrently working out just doesn't really get you in shape... [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Barb,
    Its an advantage for me that my two boys are 17 and 19 and both are capable of doing our sidewalks and the neighbors. My boys actually had a good time today, working together. We only had about 4 inches but it was sunny most of the day and hovering around 30, its going to get down to 18 tonite..

Glad I have my two boys home

Tom.

I would call them "Personal Slaves"!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

You know, we have an elderly woman neighbor two doors away and it pains me to see her shoveling her own driveway when her son lives in town not more than a mile away.

Pete took care of it and I'm going to give that son a piece of my mind when I see him next.

Barbara [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Dallas weather

The weather here today was brutal, 50 degrees and as I mentioned that bright sunlight. Now, to your question about snow, first let me ask, "Is that the white stuff that seems to fall from the sky north of the Mason-Dixon line? I have seen it on TV and this Texan is glad the good Lord has decided not to pass that snow thing onto us. Something else I have no knowledge of is 1. snow tires 2. salted roads and 3. snowmen. [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

OPC