Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sweet Revenge

Sweet Revenge

We had a Toys For Tots tourney yesterday. All 3 of us played in the singles event in Davenport and did lousy. We decided to go over to our regular ph and see what was happening. They were taking sign ups for a scotch doubles tourney later that evening. We all got in and got different partners.

Christ was teamed up with a real nice guy. They got pretty far in the standings. Chris was paired with a woman who is real nice and a real sweetheart. My partner and I knocked them in the loser bracket in the first round! They came all the way back in the loser's bracket to take 3rd. I was really nervous again. I just can't play against him. I felt really bad when we beat them. I should have been happy, but I wasn't. I suppose after I beat him a few more times, that feeling will go away [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. I believe there were 32 teams. My partner and I took 1st place in the tourney. We never lost a match.

We all had a really good time. The Marine Corps took a lot of toys with them for the children who don't have a Christmas. The price for the tourney was one unwrapped toy plus $5. Lots of food, raffles, and fun.

Heide

Re: Sweet Revenge

Good job, Heide! [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Hi Stickman(Jim),

She gets the good job and nothing for the Cassman? 3 days after the surgery I couldn't take it any longer. I was planning on going to the tourney to watch Heide and Christ play. This is a fun event and I make a point to attend for the kids.

Anyway, I'm all messed up under the Tylenol #3's and sore and just able to get down into my stance, so I entered. Mistake big time. My partner and I were knocked into the loser bracket first match by Heide and Rodney. Rodney, is my one pocket mentor or he's the guy I lose mostly to and has brought my game up tramendously in one hole.

They knocked us in the loser bracket handily. We came back kicking butt all the way to 3rd place and lost on slop. As it was counted in the rules for the locals entering.

I had a blast and love donating. We have 5 charities we donate to each yr. March of Dimes, GoodWill, Disabled American Vets, American Cancer Socity and Rodney. Well Rodney, is beginning to give back. LOL

Today, day 5 I went to the ph and shot for 1 hr. I'm so sore I had to leave. Anyway, it's fun to do these events and next time I'm going to just play in my head. It's better. I don't miss and I feel better. hahaha

Regards,

C.C.

Just a little bit south and east of Hamiltucky a little bit west of the Atlantic Ocean

First place is an awful nice number in any event, 32 teams is even more betterer.

Nothing for you Cass. You go to bed with no dessert.

Kato~~~can't win, eats dessert anyway
    Signature deleted by***********Kato

Excellent finish, Karatemom! Winning is sure fun, eh? [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Kudos, too, to Chris and Christ for doing so well!

This is definitely a pool related post, and probably should have been posted to the "big board"! If there's ever a CCB scotch doubles tourny, I hope I get paired up with you! [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Way to go, girl!

I would love to play in a CCB scotch doubles event. We couldn't get paired up though, one man and one woman per team - sorry. Besides, I think my partner carried me most of the way, although it seemed for a while that I got all the 8 balls at the end.

I would pick Voodoo as my partner. C.C. and I played together one time, but I was just starting out at the time and was shooting awful. Now things might be different, but I think I'd be trying to play his game instead of mine.

Heide ~ has 1st dibs on Voodoo in a scotch doubles tourney

It'll take a lot more than that for you to get on my good side again, [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

Actually, Cass got 3rd, so he went home with half of what I got.

Heide ~ got her cake, and ate it, too!

Thanks! I'm really glad I did so well, but it was a charity event, and we all had a blast. Christ was even wondering when the next event was - I had to tell him he has to wait til next year.

Heide

Just a little bit south and east of Hamiltucky a little bit west of the Atlantic Ocean

Women, can't live with 'em. Can't lose 'em in a corn field. I give up.

Kato~~~secretly not actually giving up on the karate chop lady, she has a fair heart.
    Signature deleted by***********Kato

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Karatemom:</font><hr> I would love to play in a CCB scotch doubles event. We couldn't get paired up though, one man and one woman per team - sorry. <hr /></blockquote>Sooo, you're the one making up the rules for the CCB scotch doubles event??!? [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] You said that Christ was partners with a guy, so I thought perhaps your setup was like ours - blind - so that men can draw men and women can draw women and men can draw women and women can draw men...

That's O.K., though, I can take a hint... [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Especially if that leaves Chris up for grabs! [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]