Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fed up....

Fed up....

Hello Everyone,

If I hear another 5 and below tell me how frustrated they are and how pool is hard? I'm going to cut off my ears. What in the heck did you think it was? Whinning about putting in 6 mths and going nowhere in the game. Do me a favor and stick a damm knife in my chest.

Everybody, now days wants everything and right now. They complain they shoot bad. They don't practice. They practice 6 mths and they think they're suppose to run racks. They kick balls in 3 rails and feel they should be able to take off the Open. And where the heck is Steve Lipsky, Howie, and George Fels.

Give me a break,

C.C.

Re: Fed up....

Yes where is Howie Pearl and George Fels CCB turns it lonely eyes to them...

CC for X-Mass im going print and mail you every post i can find on "how pool is hard" and "why cant i get better i play a whole hour a week?"

~~ Naz hoping CC stabs himself so he can get hands on SW [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

nAz 2012 GOP presidential candidate

A lesson in pool...

HAHHAHHAHHA

Well nAz,

I guess you see right through me. LOL I'm really not mad. It's funny because I don't remember how much or if I was frustrated when I started playing. I know deep inside eveyone will be frustrated with their play, sooner or later.

It never stops. I remember thinking in small increments or goals. I started out wanting to beat my peers. I also remember how much fun I had playing till one day. That was the day I knew I was hooked like a big fish.

It was then I thought I'd never make it as a player. I was stuck. I couldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel. Bottom line is all about being positive. You have to try to ask yourself. What makes my friend better than I at this game. It's then you notice what they are doing that makes them better.

It's hard work to say the least. It's hard work to make running a rack look easy. It's true it's all in the stroke. So, you can do this two ways or both. Practice to get your stroke mechanics right. Play in competition to get better or both.

I chose both but hadn't had anything to go by and practiced just making balls. Today, you have both Qualified instruction, tourneys and direction to get there. I remember setting Sunday as a practice goal back then. I wanted to shoot with a friend the entire day. I kept track of how long I played. Still a goal but not really direction.

We all know what we need is to burn in the stroke. Then, forget about it during competition. Let the stroke we've burned in come out. Yep, it's work. So, 6 mths in and what do we do? What is the plan. Crying about it doesn't help. So, what's the first thing on the agenda?

I returned to rebuild my stroke from the ground up. My entire mechanics. You must think about your options. Do, I quit the game or do I give it my best and deal with the pitfalls? After a few mths it's too late. It's in your blood.

The first thing I did. Find the pro that I most admired. Someone close to my size and body structure. Then, mimic their stroke. Well, I found for myself that I liked a few pros and admired them for different parts of their game I liked. Makes sence huh? I also noticed a "D" player with certain shot that they made that although I can beat him. He made a shot in a way that was better than most. So, I added a "D" player to my list also.

I liked Johnnie Archers break and stroke pattern, Efrens kicks and calmness, Bustys stroke and quick style, Buddy's pattern play, Earls dedication and drive, Jimmy Reids thought process, and this shot down the "D" player makes look so good.

So, the first thing I did was tape Jonny Archer playing Buddy on tv. I popped the tape in and slow mo his break frame by frame. I practiced it for like 3 mths. Now, I don't have Johnnys height but Barbara can tell you what she thinks of my break. Still, if you don't practice it and fine tune? It's go too.

Basically, I watched and learned, practiced and burned in my stroke mechanics. It's a battle but one that can be fought and possible won.

The most was the stroke. How, I burn in the stroke is important. I'm gonna tell you what I did. You can believe it or you can choose not to.

I chose Archers 4 stroke method, Busty's stroke style and moved my grip to the middle finger and ring finger followed by slight pressure from the thumb. I chose those fingers for myself because of the effect it gave me.

I set up a mirror till I got the camcorder the most useful tool. Now mind you, without a qualified BCA instructor or someone that's level has give them understanding of what it should look like. It could do you more harm then good. You could burn in the wrong things. JAT

I would mention what shot I did but I won't undermine the wonderful instructors whom I have great respect for. I know they do this for a living and will not.

Anyway, it's the same set up everytime, moving slightly to not burn a path into the cloth. I look into the mirror and make sure everything is straight. I'll do the 4 stroke method and have the pump thing going on and shoot the shot everyday till I complete 1000. Then, compete putting it in the back of my mind. There's no room in there to think about stroking when all you thoughts are focused on the shot.

I'll go back and do this again periodically to make sure it's there and done correctly. Then, I'll break down each pros shot or method I want and burn that in too. It's work and if some think it's all fun, they're mistaken. My fun is cashing in the tourney. My joy is having a Master BCA instructor give me compliments that I will cherrish forever. The return is so much greater than my effort. It's the most inner gratification one can receive from working. No job, I've ever worked at ever made me feel the feelings I've received from this job.

I've met the most talented instructors, players, cuemakers (legends) and friends. Some give you celebrity status and make you feel special. I feel like I'm the luckiest man on earth. Now, ask me if working is worth it?

Turn that whine around to a woof. If you work hard enough you too can feel this return. Now, I'm not all that and far from being where my dreams are but still I feel special. If you work hard enough you won't have time to think negative thoughts. I talk about ####leonard who can run a 100 balls oposite handed, Fran a woman pro, George Fels an accomplished writer and has seen marvels play, Steve Lipsky who can run 100's and has played with the best, Howie Pearl a legend, Grady one of the foremost in one pocket play and instruction, not to mention countless others who post here.

Everyone, needs to listen to these people. They have a chance without working to tap into their minds and it's free.

Bottom line, don't whine. Ask questions, listen to what they have to say. This knowledge is there for you. Take advantage of it. We've lost so many and then we ask, why are we missing? I pride myself as being the only one on this board able, to get Fran back. Yes, I'm bragging. No, I can't do it. Why, because of fear someone will spoil it once again for the ones that really want to move up. JAT

Regards,

C.C.~~respects those with the knowledge to help others excel.

I heard you the first time. I don't need to be told twice. You told me last night what I'm doing wrong and what needs to be done.

Heide ~ doesn't whine, but bitches an awful lot lately

Just a little bit south and east of Hamiltucky a little bit west of the Atlantic Ocean

That's why I've basically quit playing Chris. I find myself whining about how badly I'm playing then I realize I'm playing maybe 1 time per week for 2 hours or so. Pretty tough to play good when you never play. I truly hope I get a passion back to play. I want to miss it so bad, sadly though, I don't.

Kato
    Signature deleted by***********Kato

Hi CC. (Love your initials by the way as "Canadian Club" or "CC" for short is my favorite drink)

You really struck a cord with me on that whole "why can't i be good right away" thing. Most of those whiners aren't in it for the long haul. You can just tell that at the first sign of adversity, or a particularely brutal thrashing, they will probably quit or join the ranks of the weekend warrier crowd. They are mostly the recreational types. Not that that's a bad thing by any means but it does put an instant cieling on where your potential will be irrigardless of what type of help they will beg, borrow or steal. It's just that simple.

Us hopeless "lifers" are left holding the bag. Bag of what? Secrets? Nope. Spells and incantations? Nope. Mystical Cures? Nope. What then. Well all i can see is just plain old love of the game i guess. What else could it be? Man this game has kicked me in the groin so many times, dragged me through the mud. Taken me to the highest highs and the lowest lows yet i still come back for more. If it ain't love then i'm the worst Masochist on the face of the earth LOL. Over time even the most stuborn of practisioners begin to understand a few "truths" about the game and how it's played. They may be general, or specific to certain situations but mostly these truths are all about "you". It's a journey to find "you" and in that regard it's the most endlessly fancinateing and spiritually uplifting thing any of us can attempt to do. There ARE no shortcuts here, it's either a way of life, or mediocrity. St

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> I find myself whining about how badly I'm playing then I realize I'm playing maybe 1 time per week for 2 hours or so. Pretty tough to play good when you never play. I truly hope I get a passion back to play. <hr /></blockquote>I don't think that has to be a problem. I have only been playing about once a week for the last couple of months and I'm playing better than ever. If you feel like playing, play. If you don't, don't. What are you worried about? Do whatever you want and enjoy it.

Hope I didn't jinx myself, but I think I just did. Now I better practice before league tonight.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote TomBrooklyn:</font><hr>
    I don't think that has to be a problem. I have only been playing about once a week for the last couple of months and I'm playing better than ever. If you feel like playing, play. If you don't, don't. What are you worried about? Do whatever you want and enjoy it.

Hope I didn't jinx myself, but I think I just did. Now I better practice before league tonight. <hr /></blockquote>

You better knock on wood. The same thing happened to me back in May when I quit practicing. I was still playing a few hours a week but not practicing. It caught up to me in August. Now I pretty much suck. Gonna start practing hard again in March.

Just a little bit south and east of Hamiltucky a little bit west of the Atlantic Ocean

Sadly Wally it is a problem for me. If I'm not playing a lot I lose it quickly. It's a curse.

Kato~~~low natural talent and low desire = no fun and lot's of losing.
    Signature deleted by***********Kato

Hi Babe,

So, what makes you think I was relating to you? Do you feel guilty? You don't have to worry, you might have to open your eyes though. I see talent and a future for you in pool but then again. I know what to look for. [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

C.C.~~some people are feel guilty before even being charged for the crime. LOL