Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Expensive lessons!

Expensive lessons!

While at league last night, I watched a young man getting some pretty expensive lessons. He was trying to find some action for $100.00 9ball race to seven. Well, he got his action. A friend of mine, that has an outstanding game (he's the best in this area), took him up on his challenge. The first set went pretty fast, with my friend winning 7/0. The second set was in progress at 4/0 when I couldn't stand to watch anymore and went home. I'll have to find out tonight, how deep this kid's pocket was, and how empty his head was. It was not a pretty site! [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

The word C-H-U-M-P comes to mind.

Re: Expensive lessons!

Hi Jim,

You might not say that 5 yrs. down the road. Anyway, I applaude your friend in beating him 7-0. He's a straight up guy/gal and didn't hold back and hustle the guy. Like making it close 7-5 or something. Now, that's worth respect. I take my hat off to him.

Regards,

C.C.~~believes Jim has tons of knowledge at his becken call. [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> Hi Jim,

You might not say that 5 yrs. down the road. Anyway, I applaude your friend in beating him 7-0. He's a straight up guy/gal and didn't hold back and hustle the guy. Like making it close 7-5 or something. Now, that's worth respect. I take my hat off to him.

Regards,

C.C.~~believes Jim has tons of knowledge at his becken call. [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] <hr /></blockquote>
    I agree with you Chris, this guy was primed for a good hustle. If played close, like 7-5, he would not only have lost what he had that night, but he would have come back after pay day to do it again. The winning player had a lot of class, in not hiding his true speed. My hats off to him also.
    He also received an early Christmas present.

Yep, my friend is a straight up guy. He'll never hustle anybody, but he isn't afraid to wager on his skills, and if the kid wanted to keep playing, you can't blame him for obliging.

I felt sorry for the kid. I don't know if he wasn't very bright, had too much money, or what. He should have figured out, after the first set, that he was in way over his head.

Jimbo~~~~~doesn't have money to burn

Ya can't help but feel sorry for the kid, though you'd think he'd learn his lesson after the first set. I agree that your friend did good by not hustling him.

Speaking of sad sights, I remember going to one of our regular haunts a long time ago to find a game going on between one of the local guys, and an older guy whom I wasn't familiar with.
    Now, the local wasn't anybody I would've considered a friend, most people thought he was kind of an a-hole actually, but he was a good pool player. Well, the guy he's playing was totally tanked, I mean, he could barely stand up straight and the poor guy wound up losing some $200.00.

I didn't know what to feel; pity for the poor guy who didn't have the sense to know his limitations, or disgust with the guy who would take advantage of the situation. Frankly, I think everybody there was pretty much aghast. The local looked around the room with a look of nervous defiance, and walked out. I couldn't do anything but stare in disbelief at what I had seen. Like I said, maybe it was a hard lesson for the old guy, but I could never do anything like that. [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I am so confused [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

What is it about this post that makes it not pool related??!? Has someone changed the rules and not told me? There are way too many pool related threads over here!

[img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> I am so confused [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

What is it about this post that makes it not pool related??!? Has someone changed the rules and not told me? There are way too many pool related threads over here!

[img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] <hr /></blockquote>

hmmm.point taken.

blu
    "The pen is mightier than the sword."

OOPS. [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

The way I see it is. You can reply and not feel like your taking up space.

Regards,

C.C.

Hi Chris,

Why feel bad? If he'd have taken off Jims friend would it be any different? What if the kid just won the money gambling down the road? What if it was drug money?

I wouldn't feel bad for anyone. Money gambled with should never be the rent money or money for the kids mouth anyway. Gamblers like myself win or lose have good days and bad days. It's nothing but a thang. IMHO

Believe me, if a players willing to bet $100. sets with anyone, chances are he losing crossed his mind first. Chris, I admire your Compassion is admirable but it doesn't come into play when gambling is concerned.

Regards,

C.C.~~hopes Chris looks as this as fun money.