Thread: SigelVarner Cue

SigelVarner Cue

I happen to come across a Sigel-Varner cue used, for what seems to be a reasonable price to me. I have never seen one before much less shot with one. It looked like a pretty nice stick, but I haven't found any sites that sell them, and their website isn't working (company closed?) I know Sigel used to make (or still does?) custom cues, and I know they are both good players, but that doesn't say they make good cues. [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

My questions is has anyone seen what these cue's go for new? Have you heard what the quality of these sticks are, and how well do they hold up to wear? any other information you happen to have about these sticks would be great. Thanks!

Re: SigelVarner Cue

They are cheap imported cues.

Nick Varner stopped in Cincy and sold some of these cues last summer. The cues are good looking.. and I understand they are made overseas. The price range for the cues is less than $125 for the most expensive.

I'm not to impressed with the hollow sound of the hit. Its not as solid as I like to feel for a cue.

They are imported cues and I believe the two disolved that relationship. If I am correct Nick is still in business with Sigel to some extent but no longer selling that line of cues.

eg8r

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> Nick Varner stopped in Cincy and sold some of these cues last summer. The cues are good looking.. and I understand they are made overseas. The price range for the cues is less than $125 for the most expensive.

I'm not to impressed with the hollow sound of the hit. Its not as solid as I like to feel for a cue.

<hr /></blockquote>

Actually he brought in the "Nick Varner" cues as opposed to the "Sigel Varner" cues.

I like the looks of the "Nick Varner" cues much better but have not hit with one. Take away the attractiveness and it's just another cheap imported cue I suppose. A good "starter" cue for someone.

Tom, you guys should have let me play Nick that night, I woulda thumped him. [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote JBZ:</font><hr> I happen to come across a Sigel-Varner cue used, for what seems to be a reasonable price to me. I have never seen one before much less shot with one. It looked like a pretty nice stick, but I haven't found any sites that sell them, and their website isn't working (company closed?) I know Sigel used to make (or still does?) custom cues, and I know they are both good players, but that doesn't say they make good cues. [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

My questions is has anyone seen what these cue's go for new? Have you heard what the quality of these sticks are, and how well do they hold up to wear? any other information you happen to have about these sticks would be great. Thanks! <hr /></blockquote>

Sigel and Varner went into a venture of cues called Tyler or Taylor Cues in the early 90's. It was short lived.

Fred
    <font color="blue">You cannot create experience. You must undergo it.</font color>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fred Agnir:</font><hr>

Sigel and Varner went into a venture of cues called Tyler or Taylor Cues in the early 90's. It was short lived.

Fred <hr /></blockquote>

They also marketed Sigel-Varner cues in the late 90's

Remember the ad in the pool mags that showed Varner shooting left-handed and Sigel shooting right-handed? [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fred Agnir:</font><hr>

Fred <hr /></blockquote>

They also marketed Sigel-Varner cues in the late 90's

Remember the ad in the pool mags that showed Varner shooting left-handed and Sigel shooting right-handed? [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] <hr /></blockquote>

How could I forget? I posted about it. Buddy Hall is shown shooting left-handed in his Lucase ad, and someone else was backwards too. Where's that damn post?

Fred
    <font color="blue">You cannot create experience. You must undergo it.</font color>

I know a little bit about taking pictures but nothing beyond that. I'm sure it's possible to unknowingly flip the negative. Of course Sigel and Varner may have done it as a joke. They both had big grins IIRC. Like this ~~~&gt; [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Along those lines, maybe Johnny Archer should film a commercial for his Scorpion cues showing him playing FAST [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

My husband bought one cheap ($120) and uses it for a break cue. Something is wrong with it, has been from very early on.. it makes a cracking noise as though there's a break in it somewhere, but nothing is visible. Looks nice, but not a great cue IMO.

Karla