Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Movie reviews

Movie reviews

"Joe Dirt" 1 1/2 stars:

This movie is lame. Dennis Miller is borderline funny in a couple scenes. David Spade is usually funny as hell but this flick wastes his talent.
    .................................................. ......

"Office Space" 4 stars

We watched this again during our Thanksgiving trip and it was funnier the second time. If you have ever worked in a cubicle or had a stupid boss or been thru a downsizing you have to see this. It wasn't big in the theatres but has become a cult classic among the comedy movie cognescenti.
    .................................................. ........

Care to share your favorites or the ones to avoid? I'm always looking for ideas.

Living in Paradise, beautiful Victoria on Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada

Re: Movie reviews

"The Party" starring Peter Sellers.
    Dave Syrja in Victoria
    davespooltools.com

I just watched finally:

Pulp Fiction - like viewing some Impressionist Art, this movie is a masterpiece. The timeline is completely scrambled, with almost every scene ending in an ironic "saving." Of course if drugs, violence, foul language, and rape are simply too much of a turn-off, don't bother. Travolta and Jackson are tremendous. Harvey Keitel is typecast as the "cleaner" a la the Americanized La Femme Nikita, "Point of No Return."

Monster's Ball - I was already a big Halle Berry fan. I'm not sure where I am now... sometimes, the hottest women need to keep their clothes on. But... I guess I didn't mind it too bad [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] If this movie had been done by Quentin Taurantino (like Pulp Fiction), this too would be a masterpiece. Simple and brutal, this movie takes dead aim at rural America's bigotry and dysfunction, and adds a little bit of TNT. Billy Bob Thornton was fantastically believable, again.

Fred

<font color="blue">You cannot create experience. You must undergo it.</font color>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Mr Ingrate:</font><hr> "The Party" starring Peter Sellers. <hr /></blockquote>

The Party (1968)
    Starring: Peter Sellers, Claudine Longet
    Director: Blake Edwards
    Synopsis: After accidentally destroying film set, clumsy Indian actor inadvertently wreaks havoc on Hollywood party. Hilarious sight gags, wild slapstick antics, Sellers' engaging performance amply entertain comedy buffs seeking lighthearted romp.
    Runtime: 99 minutes
    MPAA Rating: Not Rated
    Genre: Comedy

I love Peter Sellers. I'll check it out.

BTW I hear Claudine Longet <font color="red"> killed </font color>in this movie. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

fred,
    pulp fiction sounds kinda kool. what kind a rape are you talking about.without getting graphic,there are certain types i like to watch, some i dont, drugs are okay and what else was it. is it real psychedelic with great colors etc....can you tell who are the main characters or is it all mixed up like a bad acid trip?

blu
    "The pen is mightier than the sword."

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Mr Ingrate:</font><hr> "The Party" starring Peter Sellers. <hr /></blockquote>

more mmore. whats it about? why did you like it?

blu
    "The pen is mightier than the sword."

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> "Joe Dirt" <hr /></blockquote>Tom sez:
    David Spade is the quintessential sad sack who can't help but get abused. In Joe Dirt, he provide another solid performance and proves that nice guys can finish first. Dirt is not side splitting all the time, but most of the jokes are solid and keep coming. This movie never slows down. 2 1/2 stars. (out of four)

My all time favorite movie is Ferris Buellers Day Off. I cannot count how many times I have seen the movie but it was a hit when I was younger and I have always like it. 4 stars out of 4

My second fav movie is....Dumb and Dumber. I think this is the only movie that i have been able to laugh from beginning to end. Most comedies have a slow middle where they try to put in a plot. Well Dumb and Dumber does not waste your time with that. It is hilarious. 10 stars out 4 [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

eg8r &lt;~~~I also think the Pauly Shore movies were funny but most people do not agree so I did not put them on here [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Hmm... well, let's just say if there's a good and bad kind, I think the type referred to would probably fall under bad.
    It's a violent movie about the relationships between a crime boss, his henchmen, and a few other characters, including a boxer who's running from the bad guys because he didn't throw a fight he was supposed to.
    It can be hard to follow as the chronological order is jumbled up, but if you pay attention, it makes sense.
    Good movie, and it has moments of rather brilliant dark humor. Harvey Keitel's performance is certainly a high point in the movie. It's bizarre, but not what I'd call psychedelic in the traditional sense. Has some drugs, including a graphic depiction of an OD. Did I mention it was violent?

Have you ever seen Deliverance? That is the type of rape.

And my favorite line. "Who's chopper is this?"..."Zeds."..."Who is Zed?"..."Zed is dead." LOL

Great movie, but you don't want to ever remember the rape part. That is gross and Zed got what was coming to him. [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

eg8r &lt;~~~~Resevoir Dogs is also another great Tarantino flick