Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drives me nuts!!!

Drives me nuts!!!

Drives me nuts!!!!!!!!! I just completed five racks of Q-skills getting a 20pts in each rack then I opened the sixth rack and missed the very first duck of the run. My fuse blew and I had to leave the room(home table). I can't #$^&&*& stand it when I get lazy on the simplest stupid shots, it absolutely drives me nuts. As long as I have been playing this game and as good a natured player as I am I will never get over the explosion that happens in my head when I miss that all important simple shot, it makes me sick to my stomach. I know your just suppose to shine it on and get back into your routine but the electrical storm going on in my head won't go away quick enough. I must admit I had a negative thought in my head before I pulled the trigger but...this shot was unmissable...aghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!ANYBODY OUT THERE??? [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Re: Drives me nuts!!!

Thats an example of why a system like that is good practise..it prepares you menatally. Hopefully, you wont take that shot for granted in a tourney or another rack again...
    Working to get in stroke again!

<font color="red"> ~"The game of billiards has destroyed my naturally sweet disposition."~
    </font color>

How do you think I feel when I geek a bunny in league competition. I want to crawl into a freakin' hole and die.

Fortunately I shoot well enough at other times to partially make up for it.

I need to try that Q-skill again. Nothing like a migraine headache and wretched vomiting to make you feel alive. [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Boy do I know how that feels!
    In a recent tourney I was up against a tough opponent. This guy had kicked me out of the winner's bracket in the previous tournament, so it was like a re-match.
    I had an excellent layout, and after a couple of tougher shots, the rest was gravy and I'm thinking it's payback time. All I had to do was make a stop-shot on the one for shapes on the five and DOH! I rattled the "unmissable" shot! I think what happened is that I had accidentally let my mind wander to the next shot while stroking. That momentary lapse was all it took to blow the runout and I never got back to the table. I guess it goes to show that if the shot is "unmissable", then that's the one that's bound to get missed. [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Where from those flames no light, but rather darkness visible...

Re: That all-important simple shot...

Cheesemouse:

What makes the shot important?

--D.M.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cheesemouse:</font><hr> Drives me nuts!!!!!!!!! I just completed five racks of Q-skills getting a 20pts in each rack then I opened the sixth rack and missed the very first duck of the run. My fuse blew and I had to leave the room(home table). I can't #$^&amp;&amp;*&amp; stand it when I get lazy on the simplest stupid shots, it absolutely drives me nuts. As long as I have been playing this game and as good a natured player as I am I will never get over the explosion that happens in my head when I miss that all important simple shot, it makes me sick to my stomach. I know your just suppose to shine it on and get back into your routine but the electrical storm going on in my head won't go away quick enough. I must admit I had a negative thought in my head before I pulled the trigger but...this shot was unmissable...aghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!ANYBODY OUT THERE??? [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] <hr /></blockquote>
    I feel your pain.

Fred
    <font color="blue">You cannot create experience. You must undergo it.</font color>

Cheese, end your suffering now.
    Crate that table and send it to me. [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    I feel your pain. I hate playing the ghost.

Hi Cheese,

I know the agravation all too well. Still, it won't hurt overall. I do two extra sets of ten racks and take the lowest and highest scores out and the average is closer to being realistic. You have to remember in all these games, your break is key. Sucks when you were had a perfect score going on. Now, that's strong.

Another thing is it's tough to take the minus 1 and move the cb. It beats taking a harder shot and messing up the score. Also, shot slection is key too. I always write down next to the minus's or misses what exactly happened. If these things repeat then I know there's a problem.

My big problem that repeated mostly was both scratching the cb off the table or taking a shot for granted and instead of making sure the shot was in, I made sure whitey went to where I needed to be. Well, I know where the cb's going so, I shouldn't have taken my mind off making the freakin ball. LOL

Another is once I'm into making balls I forget to remember to look for the last 5 in order. I can't tell you how many times I remembered at the last minute like at 6 balls left then, oops. Now, I think about the last 5 when I'm at 8 balls left. I'll go into rotaion early too. It helps.

The game all in all tells us what is important and what percentages are all about with our skill level. I think it's a good game and a pain in the patoot too. [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Regards,

C.C.~~nothing worse than a mouse bent out of shape.LOL

oh gosh how frustrating. all my losses have been to unmissable shots i didnt give the same respect and focus to. well maybe not all but most.

i guess it is the 'easy' ones that kill you.

blu
    "The pen is mightier than the sword."

Re: That all-important simple shot...

D.M.

if you miss a shot.. the table turn is over.. so if you do 5 racks, at 20 each.. and then the 6th rack is 0 (first shot miss, no points)This is a big impact to a 10 table average.