Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The relationship balancing act

Just a little bit south and east of Hamiltucky a little bit west of the Atlantic Ocean

The relationship balancing act

How does one go about balancing a life with both pool and a non-pool playing girlfriend? We've talked about it and all and she knows that eventually I'm going to start playing again. Do you guys hatchet out an agreement? Is there a schedule? Is it just a mutual understanding?

Kato
    Signature deleted by***********Kato

Re: The relationship balancing act

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> How does one go about balancing a life with both pool and a non-pool playing girlfriend? We've talked about it and all and she knows that eventually I'm going to start playing again. Do you guys hatchet out an agreement? Is there a schedule? Is it just a mutual understanding?

Kato <hr /></blockquote>

Obviously it's better if it's a mutual agreement. But if you can't reach one you're going to have to take unilateral action.

Tell her you're gonna play 2 nights a week and one weekend afternoon. If she dumps you because of that she's too needy anyway. Actually all women are needy I think. They wanna be with you EVERY FREAKIN' MINUTE for Pete's sake [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Or you could get her to start playing. If you play in a handicapped league your team probably needs a low handicap.

The longer you wait the harder it's gonna be. She gets used to being your total center of attention and then you start back up with your "mistress" as G. Fels calls her.

Hell don't listen to me. All my good girlfriends/wives eventually dumped me except for the current one.

Hey now! I was almost dumped by my BF (who's my ex now and some of you met in VA) because all I wanted to do was play pool EVERYDAY. Jesus, the way these guys always want the woman to be around. Ha! Instead, I stopped playing for about 5-6 years 'cause of him. You see what we have to do for you men [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]. Well, I didn't really have to but I was trying to salvage the relationship. I'm shaking my head as I write this 'cause I'm thinking back now and it was just so silly to stop doing what I loved.

Kato, honey, she already knew you were into pool so it should not come to a surprise when you get your desire back to play again. All I can say is that it was a BIG mistake to stop the way I did. I know you won't let 5-6 years go by without playing.
    I Shoot Like A Girl.
    Damn Good.
    Ah f*&%it!

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr>
    ...all I wanted to do was play pool EVERYDAY...<hr /></blockquote>

will you marry me? [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I like the comment regarding setting a schedule..2 weekdays and 1 weekend..lol...I have a schedule...pool league monday night...softball/pool tournament wedneday...then I try to fit in more pool during the week...

My prob is that I want to play pool ALOT...and I find that I am trying to stay home to be conscious of the relationship. The problem arises, that I get bitter that I have to stay home when there is a 20 entry tourney 45 minutes away...So I end up in a bad mood sitting at home to spend quality time, and in reality, I wish I was out shooting pool....Its not as bad anymore, cause with our new house, I have a table setup again...

&lt;--of course, I find myself POUNDING the rack trying to relieve the stresses of "hold the baby, take out the dog, answer the phone, damn dont you want to be sit down with me (no, i dont want to watch lifetime)".....Wishing I could go shoot Pool at the pool hall!!! [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
    Working to get in stroke again!

Yes. Yes I will.
    I Shoot Like A Girl.
    Damn Good.
    Ah f*&%it!

Kato, try to get her involved.
    Attempt to teach her how to play, she may like it. If you can't teach her, I heard there is a good instructor in Miami that may help. [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

If she doesn't want to play, she can still have a lot of fun, just being around the people. Take her with you on your league nights, or other nights that you want to go to the pool room. You can teach her enough about the game, without playing, to appreciate watching. Also, try taking her to watch some tournaments, especially ladies tournaments. She will find out that playing pool is not the macho thing non-players think. She will learn that many other women enjoy pool. Without playing, she can still develop an interest in the sport and enjoy the people.

Although I have made some small inroads, I can't say that I have had a lot of success in getting my wife to play. She has her own cue sticks and a case that would make many drool. But she just hasn't gotten the real desire to play. However, she does enjoy the people that we have met in connection with pool and she enjoys going to tournaments. She understands more about the game than some of the people on this board. Pool needs fans as well as players.

Don't make pool an activity that excludes your lady. Include her and you may be pleasantly surprised. [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] At least until she kicks your a$$ on the table. [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> At least until she kicks your a$$ on the table. [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] <hr /></blockquote>

In my case...sometimes, I let off and and allow my g/f to win...She wont let me hear the end of it...When your running games all night in a bar, and she is the one that beats ya,,,like its an accomplishment....

&lt;--Perky just goes with the flow.
    Working to get in stroke again!

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> Hey now! I was almost dumped by my BF (who's my ex now and some of you met in VA) because all I wanted to do was play pool EVERYDAY. Jesus, the way these guys always want the woman to be around. Ha! Instead, I stopped playing for about 5-6 years 'cause of him. You see what we have to do for you men [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]. Well, I didn't really have to but I was trying to salvage the relationship. I'm shaking my head as I write this 'cause I'm thinking back now and it was just so silly to stop doing what I loved.

Kato, honey, she already knew you were into pool so it should not come to a surprise when you get your desire back to play again. All I can say is that it was a BIG mistake to stop the way I did. I know you won't let 5-6 years go by without playing. <hr /></blockquote>

hey this can be really tuff. i have such a free spirit and at the same time a desire to please. with a so i have given things up only to then be so smothered i did anything to get rid of them even looking llike the bitch so i could go back to what i loved, which is mostly being able to do what i want.

if ray and i did not both love pool and if he did not support my love of wolves and dogs then we would both be single. love isnt enuff for me. it has to be there but the two have to be separate not intertwined. i guess this applies to marriage or committed relationships.

my 29 year old son is going thru his first serious heart break because he was holdin on too tight. dont know where that will end up, work out or not, but have sure had him in my heavy heart when this came up. it is so tough when your kid is hurting and nothing you can do.

to kato, be you, if you become too immeshed,you will only end up pushing her away or having a miserable relationship . why not take her to dinner at a pool hall and show her how to play a little, have fun and see how it goes.

good luck

blu
    "The pen is mightier than the sword."

Re: Wally and Wendy pic

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> Yes. Yes I will. <hr /></blockquote>

hee hee