Thread: Pool Stories

Pool Stories

Hi everyone,

I thought I'd share some of these stories that come from a gambling site that I read and post on. They are all written by Jim (Jimbo) Turner who made his living playing pool for a good deal of his life. Sorry about the bold italicized pool coming up everytime, but I pasted these directly from search results rather than scouring the forum aimlessly for hours trying to figure out "where the hell I did I read that story"....Anyway, I hope you all enjoy them....

Ronnie Allen Plays a New Game

Sleeping Under The Pool Table

Another story about Pool

This one is a bit of a downer....
    At 16 He was the Best Pool Player in the World!

Two Lesser Known Pool Players

Allan

Re: Pool Stories

Thanks, I enjoy reading articles like that....Gives me something to do at work!
    Working to get in stroke again!

Thanks for the stories. I enjoyed them very much.

Regards,

C.C.

I never heard of fat Randy? where did he play out of? anyone who could "string 10-12 racks 9b" at 16 years old or any age for that matter must have been pretty Famous. Wow

nAz 2012 GOP presidential candidate

Just a little bit south and east of Hamiltucky a little bit west of the Atlantic Ocean

Can't wait to go through that site.

Kato
    Signature deleted by***********Kato

These were great stories. Awhile back (a few years) we had guys on here that would give some stories but not that much. I wish some of the old timers would tell some more.

Thanks for the link, now I have another forum I can read through (this one seems a little slow lately).

eg8r <~~~Favorite part of growing up was story time. [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Hi - I'm new here. Loved pool stories, especially Ronnie Allen's story. I've got one of my own. Ronnie Allen bought a place in North Hollywood called "Big Mama's" in the early 70's. I didn't know exactly who he was, but my teenage friend was a guy also named Ronnie who was in the same league as Keith - a jam up 9 ball player. I made the mistake of backing my friend against Ronnie Allen.

The reason why I say it was a mistake is because we won. Beating Ronnie Allen was far worse than losing to Ronnie Allen. In the first session, he spotted my friend the 8 ball and we won. The next session, we beat him even. Then, my friend gave him the 8 and won again(but it was close). Ronnie Allen had had enough and he was spitting mad. I was pleased to get out of his place with my hide!

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote tateuts:</font><hr> Hi - I'm new here. Loved pool stories, especially Ronnie Allen's story. I've got one of my own. Ronnie Allen bought a place in North Hollywood called "Big Mama's" in the early 70's. I didn't know exactly who he was, but my teenage friend was a guy also named Ronnie who was in the same league as Keith - a jam up 9 ball player. I made the mistake of backing my friend against Ronnie Allen.

The reason why I say it was a mistake is because we won. Beating Ronnie Allen was far worse than losing to Ronnie Allen. In the first session, he spotted my friend the 8 ball and we won. The next session, we beat him even. Then, my friend gave him the 8 and won again(but it was close). Ronnie Allen had had enough and he was spitting mad. I was pleased to get out of his place with my hide! <hr /></blockquote>
    You weren't as bad as the owner of that place who backed up Ronnie. He backed Ronnie against one little player. They were playing one pocket. Ronnie missed his money ball and world caved in. The little guy comes back and beats Ronnie and his backer (who really owned Big Mama's) for their rent money. Big Mama is gone forever after that. The little guy now makes cues and he has plenty of stories too. [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]