Thread: shape

shape

I got this problem called shape. This is a variation of a drill scott showed ray, not exactly the same. I put 9 balls above the top spot spread out. The first is ball in hand. the balls cannot hit each other, carom, combo in or touch any rails. I wanted to hit them all in sooo bad... I got shape on a few and a few i got going long but in the end I had only potted 7 balls without missing any. That left two.

I think that I am making progress with the angles, aim, stroke but I need serious help on shape to be able to pot more balls in a row and to learn how to play nine ball.

Does anybody have any good drills. I have been doing an easy position drill but it is too easy, you know 3-4 ball position drills. Any suggestions tapes or anything. Specifically I think I am reading the angle off the rail better than I am reading the speed off the rail which often results in thecb not being where i want.

thanks in advance.

blu
    "The pen is mightier than the sword."

Re: shape

The Monk's first two videos.
    Kinda funny, I play better after I watch his videos.

How about the L Drill. There's probably a better site for it but I'm leaving work now and this is the best thing I can find right now.

http://www.poolafrica.org/coaches/ex...xcercise_l.htm

I Shoot Like A Girl.
    Damn Good.
    Ah f*&%it!

this is a good site that you might find interesting.. and there is an Addicts section too..

These are drills..

http://www.wbom.com/magazine/cgi-bin...mp;viewcat=pmp

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> How about the L Drill. There's probably a better site for it but I'm leaving work now and this is the best thing I can find right now.

http://www.poolafrica.org/coaches/ex...xcercise_l.htm

<hr /></blockquote>

This drill and the other drill are often talked about, but does anyone here actually do them? Has anyone accomplished it?

Fred &lt;~~~ not a big drill fan
    <font color="blue">You cannot create experience. You must undergo it.</font color>

I actually accomplished it a couple of times a couple of months ago. But...I have to practice them shooting into the right.
    I Shoot Like A Girl.
    Damn Good.
    Ah f*&%it!

why?

blu

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote silverbullet:</font><hr> why?

blu <hr /></blockquote>
    Right-handed.

Fred
    <font color="blue">You cannot create experience. You must undergo it.</font color>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fred Agnir:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote silverbullet:</font><hr> why?

blu <hr /></blockquote>
    Right-handed.

Oh. I just switch hands, even in matches. I can do just as well with my left except on long shots or harderhits. But it has kept me from learning a valuable skill which hurt me last night, which is my poor skills with a bridge.

blu

Fred <hr /></blockquote>