Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What will be your POOL NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS ?

What will be your POOL NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS ?

Ok here's mine

1) to concentrate and play every single shot i take as if it was the most important shot of my life. When playing with friends who don't play pool seriously, or playing a social game in a noisy pub when i didn't really go out to play pool but got drawn to the pool table, i often just muck around too much, don't concentrate at all and play like a total hack. I'm not doing myself justice so in 2004 if i take a shot on a pool table, i promise myself to give my all to that shot. If i'm not really into playing pool (e.g. i'm at a pub having a crack at some chicks), then i will stay totally away from the Pool table.

2) Work on areas which i don't really like practising. These include Kicking and Safeties

3) get ready for the State selection trials which start end of April. Will be the first year i will enter. Doing it mainly for the experience

4) Think of a cool pool nickname for myself [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Re: What will be your POOL NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS ?

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bigbro6060:</font><hr> Ok here's mine

1) to concentrate and play every single shot i take as if it was the most important shot of my life. When playing with friends who don't play pool seriously, or playing a social game in a noisy pub when i didn't really go out to play pool but got drawn to the pool table, i often just muck around too much, don't concentrate at all and play like a total hack. I'm not doing myself justice so in 2004 if i take a shot on a pool table, i promise myself to give my all to that shot. If i'm not really into playing pool (e.g. i'm at a pub having a crack at some chicks), then i will stay totally away from the Pool table.

2) Work on areas which i don't really like practising. These include Kicking and Safeties

3) get ready for the State selection trials which start end of April. Will be the first year i will enter. Doing it mainly for the experience

4) Think of a cool pool nickname for myself [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] <hr /></blockquote>

To play everyday on my new Connelly table when it comes in and then win more tournaments after I get better.

Griff
    I can't wait until the next break!!

http://www.geocities.com/griffith_d/firstwebpage.html

1. Practice
    2. Practice
    3. Practice
    4. Do well at the Nationals

Heide

I've dropped league play on Tuesday nights, so I'm going to try the water at a couple of 9-ball tournaments held on that night.

I'm also going to revisit and actually work through some of the better drill materials I have, from Joe Tucker's Guaranteed Improvement, The Pro Book, the Monk's The Lesson, etc.

I think I'll learn jumping and masse shots this year as well (having avoided them altogether so far).

well i will stop practicing 4 hours a week and cut back to 2 hours im loosing da love for it again
    and two weeks before VF ill try to get in 10 a week [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

nAz 2012 GOP presidential candidate

4 hours a week ? gee i sometimes get upto 4 hours a day!

i prob average 2.5 hrs a day

Quote.I'm not doing myself justice so in 2004 if i take a shot on a pool table,"snip

big, whats the plans for 2003? or are you just giving yourself an extra year to fool around? [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
    <span style="color: blue">be smooth; better control and power with less effort.</span>

1. Get my pool table back home! (It's at the in-laws' right now)
    2. Play a lot more. I just haven't been getting in enough practice
    3. Move on to bigger tournaments.

Spend more time practicing routines, improve my banking, and the best one: go at the World Pool Championship in Cardiff when I go visit England in July( as a spectator! though I think I might try one of the last minute qualification tournaments they have the week before just for fun and the experience ).

1) Develop my jump shot.
    2) Perfect my Keith McCready impersonation. Perform in front of Keith. Ask if he likes.
    3) Play the U.S. Open. Maybe.
    4) Begin practicing 10 hours a day again.
    5) Fall asleep during a one-pocket match with an opponent who plays slower than me. LOL