Thread: Remember the Diamond???

Remember the Diamond???

Months ago I arranged to buy one of the Diamond Pro's used in the US OPEN 9-BALL for a friend of mine to be placed in an upfinished basement.

The Diamond Pro is in place and the light is up. I played on it yesterday for three hours. Those 4 1/2 inch pocket openings are brutal. Talk about putting the tightening screws on your game. Man, you can't take anything for granted. If any of the pro's that played on these tables at the 'Open' put up any six-packs they get my vote. I screwed up nearly every run out I had with minor carelessness of mere fractions of inches in position. I'm sure with many more hours of pounding balls on this great table I will get used to the pro level conditions but I must admit it was a humbling experience...the Diamond people have a great combination with the table and light. These might be the best conditions I have ever play even though I'm somewhat freaked by the upmost care one has to give to each shot on these tight conditions; it is fatiqueing for an old man...LOL

Months ago I posted a 'What would you do if' question on building your dream home poolroom and got many great suggestions. While not all the ideas from you folks were used the ones that were used have added to the comfort and playability of the room. The basement is finished but the accouterments have not be added yet, as in furnishings. The ideas that were really nice are the rheostat controlled flush mounted room lights which can be adjusted to whore house levels...LOL The table light is also wire to a wall switch which is a nice touch. The carpeting w/padding for taking the wear and tear off the body is super. There is a bar being made that will accommodate about four normal sized butts. They forgot to plumb it for a wet bar though which is unfortunate. I tried to sell the banquet setting being built in along the walls at stoll level height but nobody listens to me...LOL Another thing that could have easily been done which wasn't was the purchase of carpeting with a pattern that would allow for effortless marking of off the table lining up spots, the carpet put down is useless for that as it makes your head swim when trying to retain the spot. Oh well, like I said nobody listens to me...I was going to provide pictures but the guys wife didn't want pictures of her house put on the Internet, I can respect that...My overall rating of the room: I WISH IT WAS MINE AND THE GUY HAD A FEATHER UP HIS A$$...did I just say that???????? Cheesemouse, you naughty little boy....... [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

P.S. Thanks to all that helped in this project. I re-learned one thing during the process. "FIGURE OUT THE TIME FRAME AND THEN DOUBLE IT"

Re: Remember the Diamond???

Cheese, those pockets are tough. The problem with them is the angle of the shim on the end rails are pretty flat (pointing to the second diamond of the side rails instead of the third or side pocket). I know when they had one at Hard Times, players did not want to play on in even though the Gold Crowns there had tighter pockets.
    Check the angle on this pocket. Brutal.
    I remember Bustamante missing only 3 balls on 3 matches the last day of World 8-Ball back in '98 on a Diamond table. Best shooting day I've ever seen for a player on a tourney.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cheesemouse:</font><hr>
    My overall rating of the room: I WISH IT WAS MINE AND THE GUY HAD A FEATHER UP HIS A$$...<hr /></blockquote>

Believe it or not I was wondering about this guy's room a couple days ago when I was daydreaming about mine (hopeful someday)

Are you getting billiard chairs and if so what brand?

Are you putting in the video taping equipment?

Do you think your friend will get frustrated playing on the tight pockets?

BTW I'm gonna tell that guy about your quote above and it'll be....

-

-

Goodbye Cheese [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
    Believe it or not I was wondering about this guy's room a couple days ago when I was daydreaming about mine (hopeful someday)

Are you getting billiard chairs and if so what brand?

Are you putting in the video taping equipment?

Do you think your friend will get frustrated playing on the tight pockets?

BTW I'm gonna tell that guy about your quote above and it'll be....
    <hr /></blockquote>

Wally,
    I'm trying to hold the guy off from buying some cheap stools at K-Mart. The guy only cares about the table and not the surroundings. Geez, the guy has spent nearly $40K finishing off the basement, the table room only takes up about 1/4 of the area in the basement. I if I have my way there will be some high quality Billiard chairs, that is next on the menu. You got any ideas or sites I can look at??? As far as video equiptment and a good sound system, I don't think so he is not high tech and I don't even think he knows that Elvis is dead.
    He doesn't really know that he has professional level equiptment. I kind of bought him want I wanted...heheheheh. He did say that he thought his table was helping his barbox game...no doubt. I kind of have carte blanc to use the table whenever I want and I plan on doing just that. Now when I play on my own Brunswick Anniversary the pockets look like barn doors.
    I'm not too worried about the guy finding out what I say about him in cyberspace so the 'cheese ain't going nowhere....hehehehe. [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

If you look at your original thread

http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboa...amp;sb=&amp;o=

Chris in NC recommended Renaissance

http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboa...mp;o=&amp;vc=1

I saw some from Whitaker www.whitakerfurniture.com that were real nice.