Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the best cue?

What is the best cue?

I've been playing since I was 16 and at times have been pretty good (when I've been playing a lot-when I don't, I really don't do that well). I haven't played for quite some time, until recently. I really don't know a whole lot about the different cues, but I've heard a lot about the predator (there seems to be a lot of mixed reactions). [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] I'm planning on getting another cue when I get my tax money back, but don't want to make a mistake in what I'll be getting. darleneb_2000@yahoo.com

Re: What is the best cue?

Harold Acosta, the resident pro player here, recommends the Predator sneaky pete. It's the best cue for the dollar according to him. [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Thanks a lot for your quick response, Clueless Joey. [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Depending on how much money you want to spend and how long you are willing to wait.... the preditor sneaky pete is imo a good cue for the money. you can get one for about 300. i dont like the tip that comes with it and you might want to try it and see if you want to get another tip, if you do get the predator...

Blackheart makes great custom cues with a great hit...if you want a fansy one, you might have to wait longer but if he has a few cheaper ones laying around, you might be able to get it quicker....he is listed in the user list...

blu
    "The pen is mightier than the sword."

Whatever cue you get...just treat it like it is the best and it will be. Buy a case for it, and don't loan it out to people. Yes, the Predator SP is an easy and reliable choice. Good luck...sid
    "If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!"

Very funny Joey, I am sure this person would love to hear Harolds discussion on his passion for Predator. Tigger, do a search on pred and Harold to see what he has to say. [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

If you want the best cue for you, I suggest you go out to a bunch of different dealers, pool halls, or stores around you that sell cues and shoot with a few of them. I advise you to never buy a cue that you do not get to shoot with. If you can't shoot with it, how do you know if you like it or not. Also, it does not matter what others think about your purchase, all that matters is that you like the cue and hopefully got a deal on it that makes you happy. As suggested in another post, get a case for it and take care of it.

eg8r

Check out Dale Perry. He lives right in the same town as you. You can get one made just for you.

Like the other guys said, go in different poolhalls or retailer to try some cues until you find a brand or model you like. Then once you know what you want, shop for it on Ebay.com and for a great deal to come up. I wanted a Predator cue and that's what I did. I just bought a new one and saved about 50% off the retail price. I was allowing myself about 300-400$ for a new cue. Great deal, plus it is exciting to follow the auction and hope you will win. There was also a nice Longoni I thought about bidding on.

personally ive found i really fuse well with the higher end vikings, altho my everyday cue is a meucci....i got if for wayyy cheap so i couldnt pass it up.all the "big name" companies make decent lower end cues that are reasonably priced. just shoot before u buy and do it on a couple different days because one day u might b "on" and like it, buy it then b "off" and get the idea its not the right cue for u and that will screw your whole mental game up.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote tiggerfanatic:</font><hr> I've been playing since I was 16 and at times have been pretty good (when I've been playing a lot-when I don't, I really don't do that well). I haven't played for quite some time, until recently. I really don't know a whole lot about the different cues, but I've heard a lot about the predator (there seems to be a lot of mixed reactions). [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] I'm planning on getting another cue when I get my tax money back, but don't want to make a mistake in what I'll be getting. darleneb_2000@yahoo.com <hr /></blockquote>

well, i've been shooting steady for a long time and am still trying to figure out the answer to your question.

by the way, your first comment about being better or worse depending on how much you play and is true of almost all of us at whatever levels. those who can shoot like god and be on the table once a month are not of this galaxy and should be avoided. don't breed with them.

as to what type of cue to get, i currently own 3 identical pred. s.p.w. cues(different tips) and am quite pleased. i'm not at all sure that you are ready to make a choice. i suggest that the best shooting cue might just be a dufferin one-piece with some shaft work and a good tip. trouble is the are too long to carry around. everyone thinks you're going fishing and tries to sell you worms.

wait a while. in the meantime, try out every cue you can find. differend sizes and weights off the wall and all of your friends cues.

if you know what the term "whippy" means, then i would be careful about getting into one of those. i think you can shoot with them but you wind up making adjustments and concessions that will not be to your overall benefit in the long term.

your first decision probably needs to be "pretty or shoots great?"

good luck.

dan..."yea, she may be ugly but she sure can cook."