Thread: Kids!

Kids!

My 8 yr old grandson came into the living room yesterday during our Christmas party and wanted to know if he could use the pool cue with the deer antlers.

I have a leather bridge head on a cue....deer antlers to him! [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    JimS

"no non-chalantin at the pool table" Frank "Sailor" Stellman

Re: Kids!

Hi Jim,

Get him a jump cue to shoot with. Set balls up in the pockets and turn him loose. It's fun really and you'll be teaching him tons. 8 is a good age to start. Teach him about all the gagets we Googans use. LOL

Great post,

C.C.

Hi Jim,
    How are you?
    ABSOLUTELY-any 8-yr. old who has interest-set him loose-he could be the next world champion-using deer antlers!That would really PSYCHE players out!ha ha ha ha
    All the best!
    Carol~I'd be PSYCHED!

Jim, I agree with Chris. In a non-formal way, start working with your grandson. If he is not interested, he will let you know. No harm, no foul. But if he is interested, it could be great fun for the both of you. [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

By the way, it is good hearing from you. Have a good holiday.

That is too cute, Jim. But watch it, next he'll want to use one of your SW's [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. It's nice to hear from you again. Have a great holiday!

Heide

It's more than nice to hear from all youse guys again too!

I turned the boy loose a couple of years ago and every time he's here. I cut down a couple of house cues to a length that he and his younger brother can use, showed them the basics (to which they paid little if any attention!) and turned them somewhat loose...with nervous supervison from yours truly (afraid for my Diamond!). They have fun and the older one is getting more graceful.....maybe less clumsy would be more accurate. Their dad is all for getting a 7 footer at home but Mom is not sold.

They've already freakin BEGGED to play with not just one of the South West's but MY South West. When they found out that I don't even let their dad play with MY South West they relented...a little. I told the older boy that when he ran his first rack of 8 ball he could try out my cue. I'm safe for a while......unless they get a home table.

Hope all you ccb'rs out there have a peaceful holiday and I hope I can find some interest in getting back to the table. With no place to play here in town I just haven't been able to find the enthusiasm to play at all but just sitting around in the evening is causing me to EAT and I don't want to gain back any of the 80 lb's I've lost so last night it occurred to me that I should play some pool when I get the munchies. We'll see.

Peace be with you. Later Jim
    JimS

"no non-chalantin at the pool table" Frank "Sailor" Stellman