Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Happiest Woman on Earth!

The Happiest Woman on Earth!

I've just made someone named Monica very happy this holiday season. Last night before league play, I went to Pathmark to do a little bit of food shopping. I called car service to get driven home. When I got in the car, there was a very thick wallet on the seat. Being the NYer that I am, I don't readily trust anyone so instead of handing the wallet to the car service dude, I put it in one of my shopping bags. I get home, put the food away and briefly look through the wallet. She had a number of credit cards, her bank card with her pin number on a piece of paper, her SSN card which is very bad to lose this day and age, $129 with a bank receipt showing a left over balance of about $3,000, a Palm Pilot, Health Insurance Card, drivers license and other doodads.

This morning I get to work and I call her office and she picks up. I told her I found her wallet and she told me that she was having a bad night last night. Her car got towed and she jumped in the car service that just happened to be there. She said she was crying all night after she cancelled her credit cards but was really upset about her SSN card. I told her that the only reason I wound up in that particular car is because my regular car service guys weren't available so I wound up calling the other guys which I rarely do. I also told her that it was best that I keep her wallet instead of giving it to the driver 'cause I just don't trust anyone!

Anyway, she told me I was an angel and she's now on her way here. If she offers me $$$ for finding her wallet, I'm not going to take it because that's just how I am.

Wendy~~has done her good deed of the century... [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
    I Shoot Like A Girl.
    Damn Good.
    Ah f*&%it!

Re: The Happiest Woman on Earth!

I think Monica is getting an early Christmas present from an angel. [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    Merry Christmas to Monica, and 9 Ball Girl.

Good for you.

That's good karma you know.

But why didn't you call her last night? [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

It turns out she works as Manager for Undergraduate Admissions for the School of Visual Arts. Of course she offered me $$$ which I didn't take, but she told me if I or anyone I know needs to get into the school, give her a call. Mmm. Maybe I can take that Computer Graphic Advertising class I've always wanted to take! [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Anyway, she hugged me and blessed me and all, I just blushed. Teehee. [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Wendy~~not used to getting hugs but I'll take 'em when I can! [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
    I Shoot Like A Girl.
    Damn Good.
    Ah f*&%it!

She didn't have a home number in her wallet and I didn't want to turn on her Palm Pilot and possibly erase things. I found her card for the number at her job and she wasn't there at the time I got home. And, I was hauling a$$ to my league tourney. She had lost it at about 5 PM, I found it at 6 PM so she had already cancelled all the pertinent stuff.
    I Shoot Like A Girl.
    Damn Good.
    Ah f*&%it!

That's what I figured. I hope you know I was kidding [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img].

I think people should not carry their SS card. That's like carrying your PIN number in your wallet.

I found a guy's wallet with $180 one night on a barstool. Found out who he was, tracked him down at another bar and he had it back in 2 hours. He still buys me a beer every time I see him.

[img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Your a good girl Wendy [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Wendy,

You're proof that there are Angles on earth.. good deeds are gifts of Love.

Old Nazee better get a clue and hang onto you. Hey, I'm a rap star. HAHAHAHHA

Wendy, what can I say? Your straight up.

Regards,

C.C.~~Xmas spirit and honesty goes far on the CCB. Too bad GF doesn't write about the people we have her. There isn't another board like this in the billiard industry anywhere. IMHO

Good for you.

wes