Thread: Dumbass texas laws...

Dumbass texas laws...

State Laws

* When two trains meet each other at a railroad crossing, each shall come to a full stop, and neither shall proceed until the other has gone.
    * It is illegal to take more than three sips of beer at a time while standing.
    * Up to a felony charge can be levied for promoting the use of, or owning more than six dildos.

* It is illegal for one to shoot a buffalo from the second story of a hotel.
    * It is illegal to milk another person's cow.
    * A recently passed anticrime law requires criminals to give their victims 24 hours notice, either orally or in writing, and to explain the nature of the crime to be committed.
    * Homosexual behavior is a misdemeanor offense.

* The entire Encyclopedia Britannica is banned in Texas because it contains a formula for making beer at home.

Abilene

* It is illegal to idle or loiter anyplace within the corporate limits of the city for the purpose of flirting or mashing.

Austin

* Wire cutters can not be carried in your pocket.
    o Why does this law exist?

Beaumont

* Collegiate football is banned at Lamar University.

Borger

* It is against the law to throw confetti, rubber balls, feather dusters, whips or quirts (riding crop), and explosive firecrackers of any kind.

Clarendon

* It is illegal to dust any public building with a feather duster.

Dallas

* It's illegal to possess realistic dildos.

El Paso

* Urinating on the streets is illegal.
    o Get the full text of this law.
    * Appearing in public places wearing a "lewd dress" is prohibited.
    o Get the full text of this law.
    * Churches, hotels, halls of assembly, stores, markets, banking rooms, railroad depots, and saloons are required to provide spittoons "of a kind and number to efficiently contain expectorations into them."

Galveston

* Landing an airplane on the beach is illegal.

* No person shall inhale fumes from model glue.

* Any person who sits on a sidewalk may be fined up to $500.

* It is illegal to drive a motor car down Broadway before noon on Sundays.

Harker Heights

* No person amy disturb a church service by swearing.

* Drivers of city vehicles must respect all traffic rules just like the rest of us.

Houston

* It is illegal to sell Limburger cheese on Sunday.
    * Beer may not be purchased after midnight on a Sunday, but it may be purchased on Monday.

Jasper

* Dogs must be on a leash at ALL times. Fine of 100 dollars.

LeFors

* It is illegal to take more than three swallows of beer while standing.

Lubbock County

* It is illegal to drive within an arm's length of alcohol - including alcohol in someone else's blood stream.

Mesquite

* It is illegal for children to have unusual haircuts.

Port Arthur

* Obnoxious odors may not be emitted while in an elevator.

Richardson

* It is illegal to do "U Turns".
    * It is now illegal to place a "for sale" sign on a car if it visible from the street.

San Antonio

* It is illegal to urinate on the Alamo.
    o Why does this law exist?
    * It is illegal for both sexes to flirt or respond to flirtation using the eyes and/or hands.

Temple

* Cattle thieves may be hanged on the spot.
    * You can ride your horse in the saloon.
    * No one may ride a horse and buggy through the town square.

Texarkana

* Owners of horses may not ride them at night without tail lights.

nAz 2012 GOP presidential candidate

Re: Dumbass texas laws...

nAz

It is a lot better now. I remember in the 70's my wife tried to buy panty hose on Sunday and they wouldn't let her. I thought she was going to explode.

Those were the days of the Blue Laws, it was stange, stuff like you can buy nails but not a hammer, a lot of crazy stuff.

What it really meant was some things could not be sold for 7 consective days, so stores started closing on Saturday and opening on Sunday... Really weird..

Latet

Be careful.Texas has death penalty for criticizing them.Lol
    Vagabond [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Re: No dancing on Sunday

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr>
    * Up to a felony charge can be levied for promoting the use of, or owning more than six dildos.

<font color="red"> A lady was arrested recently for this. She was a representative for "Fun Parties" </font color>

* You can ride your horse in the saloon.

<font color="red">My granfather was arrested in Kentucky in the 50's for getting drunk and riding his horse thru a restaurant </font color>

<hr /></blockquote>

I heard some contruction guys talking at the pool hall last night. They were someplace in Tennessee in a bar playing pool on a Sunday. Well the jukebox was playing and one of the guys was kinda dancing with his cuestick. The bar owner rushed over and informed them there was a law against dancing on Sundays. He said "I'm serious, I could lose my liquor liscense" [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

referring to the law about urinating on the alamo, I think this was created because Ozzy Osbourne pissed on it. Don't ask why, I have no idea, but he was probably drunk. I didn't know about the wire cutters here in Austin. I'll have to be careful.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> State Laws
    * Churches, hotels, halls of assembly, stores, markets, banking rooms, railroad depots, and saloons are required to provide spittoons "of a kind and number to efficiently contain expectorations into them."

<hr /></blockquote>

In 1969 Rockcastle County Kentucky opened their new courthouse. In the hallways, about every 30 feet there were signs: "No spitting in courthouse! $15.00 fine" [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Really. I seen 'em.