Thread: Cue review forum?

Cue review forum?

How about a separate forum for cue reviews? Once someone starts a thread on a maker's cue, all other reviews of that maker's cues would be posted as replies to the first post. This would allow for a tidy reference for cue info, and it would discourage the same cue questions from recurring in the main forum. Case and tip reviews could also be included.

Re: Cue review forum?

i feel that's an excellent idea and could soon be an excellent referance for making a cue choice.
    ^v^

Re: Cue review forum?

I don't like the idea of having to click more buttons to see something I could see where everything else is. I don't think the amount of posts on that subject is so voluminous that it justifies the extra trouble it would take to go to separate forum.

But if you would like to have all cue and and case threads, and maybe all equipment threads to include tables and cloth etcetera in one place, how about moving them to a separate archive after they've been on the main board for a while.

This might be especially useful since the unfortunate decision to "lock threads after 60 days" was recently made in response to the complaints of a small but noisy minority who appear by most indications to desire this change for reasons of their own hidden personal agendas.

Had this decision not been made, someone with a question about a Southwest cue, for instance, could do a search of Southwest, and if they found a thread applicable to their interest that they wanted to elaborate on, even if it was six months old, they would be able to. Of course, if they felt their question or comment about Southwest was not applicable to that thread, they could always start a new thread. It is just the option of continuing an older thread that is being terminated. This new rule serves to limit, not enhance the capabilities of the CCB Forum.

In living testament to the principal that the noisy wheel gets oiled, this request was honored despite the lack of almost any logical reason being provided by it's few supporters to the admin or the general readership of the board.