Thread: Sticky Post?

Sticky Post?

We have a couple of people that do not know how to use the WEI table and it comes up a lot over on the Cue Chalk Board forum. This is a thread I started back on 12/14 titled How To Use The WEI Table and was wondering if it can be made a "sticky post" over on the Cue Chalk Board forum:

For those of you who asked:

How To View The Shots That Are Posted
    1. Highlight everything from and including the words START and END
    2. Right click on the highlighted text and left click on Copy
    3. Go to the WEI Table http://endeavor.med.nyu.edu/~wei/pool/pooltable2.html
    4. Left click on their green Paste button
    5. Voila! Now you can see what we see!

To Create Your Own Shot For Us To See
    1. Go to the WEI Table
    2. Arrange the balls to set up your shot. You have 15 balls, a large cue ball which you can move the little black dot in it to show us the point of contact, letters A-D to show us in which order you're hitting the balls, and arrows to show the path. You have 2 arrows that are segmented and you can use those for masse shots.
    3. Left click on their red Copy button.
    4. Come back to the CCB where you're composing your post. In the Post area, right click and then left click on Paste.
    5. Voila! You've just posted a "weird" code thingy too!

I Shoot Like A Girl.
    Damn Good.
    I Shoot Like A Girl.
    Damn Good.
    Ah f*&%it!

Re: Sticky Post?

Just want to see if I can do it. Besides if it works this shot kills me all the time. What to do? Trying to make the 1 down the rail and get back on the 2 I end up in the side pocket most of the time.

START(
    %AN9C9%Br9I2%P[7O1%Qf3Y0%WZ7Z2%XP0C7%[f1Y0%\P0C7%]P9D5%^Z8N6
    %eC1b2
    )END

Re: Sticky Post for WEI table

I sent a PM to the Admin a few months back, about the very same thing, but never received a reply. I didn't really expect a reply, but I thought "they" would have just added it to the 'Newbies' section.

=====================
    You are what you do when it counts.--The Masao
    heater<span style="color: red">451</span>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr>I was wondering if it can be made a "sticky post" over on the Cue Chalk Board forum:<hr /></blockquote>If it was going to be made a sticky post, I would rather it be "stuck" onto the Newbies Forum. Most people only need to look at it once or twice, and it would be out of the way there, rather than always taking up a line of space on the main forum.

Also, it would be nice if anyone refering to the Wei Table put the link to it right into their post. To get to the RSB table for the average reader requires opening another browser window and waiting, opening their favorite list, opening the Billiards catagory, and finding and clicking on RSB. That is four steps and the associated wait time. If the link is in the post, it requires only one click to get to it and the post can continue to be read while waiting for the RSB window to open. Since the poster is already at the RSB table, it is only a couple of extra steps for them to place the link in their post and it saves a hundred readers from repeating the more lengthy process.

And a fine job you did Wendy. I think there should be a hot link to it also. Personally I d/l the file to my desk top and have it in quick launch. Tom mentions to provide the link, which is ok but I have to look it up every time to paste it here. Either have the hot link on the forum or d/l the file.

For those that want to simplify viewing d/l this file, then you won't need a separate link. http://endeavor.med.nyu.edu/~wei/poo...pooltable2.exe

CCB as a pool forum should offer one of these links or the above .exe file. I think there should be a standard but it seems either link will show the shot correct. There are however some links to other wei diagrams that will not display correct. The below links are ok.

http://endeavor.med.nyu.edu/~wei/pool/pooltable2.html

or the newer table, which was made to a 9' scale. Although I don't like the color it is more accurate. IMO

http://endeavor.med.nyu.edu/~wei/pool/9egg/
    <span style="color: blue">be smooth; better control and power with less effort.</span>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> You have 15 balls, a large cue ball which you can move the little black dot in it to show us the point of contact, letters A-D to show us in which order you're hitting the balls, and arrows to show the path. You have 2 arrows that are segmented and you can use those for masse shots. <hr /></blockquote>And scoring wheels.

Fred &lt;~~~ hardly ever uses the scoring wheels
    <font color="blue">You cannot create experience. You must undergo it.</font color>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Jim Walker:</font><hr> Just want to see if I can do it. Besides if it works this shot kills me all the time. What to do? Trying to make the 1 down the rail and get back on the 2 I end up in the side pocket most of the time.

START(
    %AN9C9%Br9I2%P[7O1%Qf3Y0%WZ7Z2%XP0C7%[f1Y0%\P0C7%]P9D5%^Z8N6
    %eC1b2
    )END <hr /></blockquote>Always a tough shot. The subtlety of the contact with the object ball makes a huge difference. I hit this one with ton of outside, and hit it relatively slow. That is, a high spin/speed ratio. Oh yeah, and don't hit the cushion first, or else the cueball comes straight across.

Fred
    <font color="blue">You cannot create experience. You must undergo it.</font color>

Shot

The diagram indicates you are using low right. Can be pretty tricky from much distance; if you happen to contact rail-first just a little bit you will come up short and often scratch.

Another option is to use LEFT english, more speed, and slightly less draw, and MAKE CERTAIN you hit rail-first. The CB will then come more straight across the table, hit below the side pocket, and then the clockwise spin will carry it to the upper rail. The running english is now holdup english on this rail, and it will kill the speed and bounce over in line with your shot.

Try it with the CB close to the first OB, then as you get a feel for it move back.

START(
    %AN9C9%Br9I2%P[7O1%Qf3Y0%WT4[1%XP0C7%Yo9O2%Zj0D1%[f1Y0%\P0C7
    %]P9D5%^Z8N6%eA2a9%_i1D4%`\7R1%aT6[3
    )END
    SpiderMan
    "If it's yellow and smells bad, it must be nine-ball. Or a diaper (or a Frenchman)."