Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Free LP Vinyl Records. Mostly 60s-80s Rock n Roll

Free LP Vinyl Records. Mostly 60s-80s Rock n Roll

Like most folks, I have most of my music collection on CD now. I am not going to invest in another turntable, so I really can't use these records. If anyone is interested in these records, let me know. The records are mostly in very good condition, but jackets are mostly in only fair condition. They got wet one day, otherwise they would be good. I took very good care of my records. =TB

Re: Free LP Vinyl Records. Mostly 60s-80s Rock n Roll

OK, 90% of my record collection has found a new home. I can't tell you who took them, but I can tell you he has eclectic musical tastes centered around the 60s, 70s, and 80s including Rock and Roll from pre-metal (Black Sabbath) to Easy Listening (Elton John) and including the California Bands (Eagles/Doors/CCW.) He kind of like disco now (Donna Summer, Chaka Kahn) even though he didn't like it that much when it first came out. (I'm keeping my Saturday Night Fever album because they filmed it in my neighborhood and JT grew up in the next town from me in NJ.) He goes for folk, folk rock, doesn't mind a bit of blues, jazz and pop (Neil Diamond).

Boca Raton <God's Waiting Room>, Floriduh

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote TomBrooklyn:</font><hr> Rock and Roll from pre-metal (Black Sabbath) to Easy Listening (Elton John) and including the California Bands (Eagles/Doors/CCW.) He kind of like disco now (Donna Summer, Chaka Kahn) <hr /></blockquote>

I have vivid memories of my vinyl collection and Tom, we have some common interests. "Paranoid" by Sabbath was one of my first albums, while "Capt. Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy" by Elton John was another. The West coast bands I wasnt into very much but I did own "Hotel California" &lt;like the rest of the planet!! I really wasnt into the Doors but my dad was and still is a CCR fan...long live Fogerty!!
    "Doesnt mean that much to me to mean that much to you"...Neil Young

Hi Voodoo,

Looks like I took after dad more than you maybe. LOL I remember driving to the Indiana dunes when the shocking news of Jim Morrisons death was announced. Sad day indeed.

At a party at Kenny Mohr's house I was toasted on a kegger litstening to CCR, I banged my head on Keeny's picture window and put it out. I was ok and everyone was in shock but it wasn't my fault Kenny wouldn't turn it down. LOL

The rediculas days,

C.C.~~brother Voodoo is my racing buddy too. [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr>The West coast bands I wasnt into very much but I did own "Hotel California" I really wasnt into the Doors but my dad was and still is a CCR fan!<hr /></blockquote>Funny, the Eagles, Doors, and CCR were three popular bands I just didn't care for much either. I had a few of their albums like everybody else also.

However, I saw CCR last summer at the Bandshell in Coney Island; part of the Brooklyn Summer Free Concert Series, and it was great. I guess it just took them twenty years to grow on me.

Re: Free LP Vinyl Records. Mostly 60s-80s Rock n

What! CCR was there??? [censored] i woulda love to see them.
    original members?

nAz 2012 GOP presidential candidate

Oh man would I do anything to see Led Zeppelin! I know it'll never happen though. Just like the Doors. I've seen Santana, Eric Clapton, the Moody Blues, and I almost got tickets to the Rolling Stones at MSG this past weekend. The tickets went on sale on a Tuesday in September, I called in on a Thursday--they were all gone!!!

I'm not from that generation but they sure don't make music like that anymore!

Wendy&lt;--born too late?
    I Shoot Like A Girl.
    Damn Good.
    Ah f*&%it!

I suspect that John Fogerty was absent. I seem to remember that he and brother Tom had some sort of split and broke the group up. Remember the Blue Ridge Rangers?

SpiderMan (Saw the 'Stones here in Dallas. Also Grand Funk in Jackson. Never got to see Zeppelin.)
    "If it's yellow and smells bad, it must be nine-ball. Or a diaper (or a Frenchman)."

Boca Raton <God's Waiting Room>, Floriduh

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> Oh man would I do anything to see Led Zeppelin <hr /></blockquote>

Wendy, get ready to be sick. In 1972 my aunt wanted to take me to the now defunct "Pirates World" a theme park in North Miami. We went and I remember the noise coming off the stage was deafening. Years later I asked my aunt who that band was on stage that September night...she said; "it was Led Zep hunny and we danced like crazy people"...seen them and didnt know it!!
    "Doesnt mean that much to me to mean that much to you"...Neil Young

What is it with sibling spats? I saw a slew of performers ranging from the DooWop era to Disco at the World Trade Center (they had concerts during the summer months). One of the groups I gladly walked over at lunch time to see were the Kinks. Well, I was excited 'cause I wanted to hear Lola and You Really Got Me. They never played it 'cause those songs were by Ray Davies and the person up on stage was his bro Dave Davies! [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Although I stayed and watched the whole concert, I walked away disappointed.
    I Shoot Like A Girl.
    Damn Good.
    Ah f*&%it!